This is scaring me. I lived through enough bricked BlackBerry devices. Don't want another.
    reeneebob likes this.
    09-12-13 12:11 PM
    I got the blue screen last night. The phone was fully charged and I wasn't doing anything unusual. But it is dead ever since. I can't seem to wake it up.I don't want to deal with the carrier but I'll have to return it and wait for the replacement.
    Ugh! Lucky for me I don't live too far from an AT&T Service Center and I was able to walk out with a new one (I'm assuming my "new" one was factory refurbished... I don't care, so long as it works! And, it has been working flawlessly )
    09-12-13 12:38 PM
    Yeah, I have to wait for mine to arrive on Monday. I'm using an old 9700 because the kids have claimed all the other smart phones in the house. This is a very painful experience.
    09-13-13 04:04 PM
    Yeah, I have to wait for mine to arrive on Monday. I'm using an old 9700 because the kids have claimed all the other smart phones in the house. This is a very painful experience.
    Did it just go dead suddenly or were there signs, D?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    09-13-13 04:25 PM
    Omg that would be like stepping into the dark ages lol. I remember when my Vibrant mainboard went I last 4 days on my 8330 before I wanted to take a hammer to it and went out and bought a Desire Z.
    09-13-13 04:37 PM
    I got my BlackBerry bricked and my dad did fight
    It was manufacturer problem

Z10STL100-1/10.2.0.1521
    09-13-13 07:06 PM
    Did it just go dead suddenly or were there signs, D?

It died suddenly. I picked it up to make sure the alarm was set and the screen just went blue for about 2 seconds and then black. Very strange.
    09-14-13 10:23 AM
    Interesting I haven't experienced a blue screen of death since windows 98, I'd hate to see it again especially on a mobile device.

Posted via CB10
    09-14-13 11:10 AM
    sorry to hear about the blue screen. Mine was dead directly in front of my eyes
    09-14-13 11:30 AM
    It died suddenly. I picked it up to make sure the alarm was set and the screen just went blue for about 2 seconds and then black. Very strange.
    Dang I'm sorry. That's a sick feeling.

grover5 likes this.
    09-14-13 02:44 PM
    I charge my LE about 20 hrs a day. My Q10 1 hour on average.

Both seem the same to me. Except the LE usually has a more full battery.

Posted via CB from my LE
    09-14-13 02:50 PM
    I posted about this last week, before I knew that it was dead for sure.

I was just using my Z10 normally in bed at night and I got a blue screen for about 15 seconds. Then the phone turned off.

It didn't reboot, I had to press the power button. So I did, and it worked fine for like an hour. Then the same thing happened again.

I think it happened one more time, then I went to sleep, with the phone on its charger (I use the PlayBook one because it changes these BB10 phones really fast).

The next morning, my Z10 was still on, so I knew it hadn't done the same thing and turned itself off. I was reading again, probably on the CB app haha and then the blue screen came again, and my Z10 never turned on again.

It wouldn't be recognized by my computer or the charger, and even when I took it to T-Mobile, their diagnostics machine couldn't detect it either (usb connection).

So I got a warranty replacement, which has been rebooting since I installed 10.2.1.200, so I'm going to load the latest leak when I'm home from work.

This is the blue screen you get when you know things are about to get bad.
    Two (blue screen ==>) Dead Z10's and a Battery Charging Question-z10_blue_screen.jpg

Posted via CB10
    09-14-13 03:00 PM
    I guess this blue screen hasn't happened to most people... just so bizarre that it not only happened to me, and to my g/f ... but both phones died within a matter of eight hours or so apart (I guess that's love! LOL)
    It's totally bizzarro... if you don't get any help let me know and I'll email some folks at bbry. they are developers so they might not know either. But BSOD - if it didn't sick losing the phone so much it might be an awesome story.

Posted via CB from my LE
    09-14-13 08:14 PM
    I got my new Z10! So happy.

Posted via CB10
    reeneebob likes this.
    09-16-13 09:50 PM
    I think this is what happened to me. I have had my z10 for 6 days. I plugged it in last night with the official charger and all was fine. I woke up this morning and it is a brick. I called BB and was on the line with support for awhile and nothing. I took it to tmobile but nothing there. It is a tmobile phone but I bought it from a guy on ebay ...so I'm out of luck there without a receipt. I've contacted the seller who is of course less than happy to hear from me. The only think I can get is the little flash of the red light if I hold the power button for 8 or 10 seconds when it is attached to a computer.... but the computer won't recognize it. Any advice? HELP! My first BB and so far this looks like an expensive disaster....
    09-16-13 10:28 PM
    I just got another blue screen on my replacement Z10....the one that replaced my other Z10 which also had a blue screen.

It's driving me crazy.. that's like twice in ten days or so.

Good thing I have my Q10.. and insurance.

Posted via CB10
    09-19-13 03:14 AM
    Well... FWIW, I seem to have solved my Blue Screen/restart issue (knock on wood) by removing apps I didn't deem essential. Not sure which one may have been the offender.
    10-01-13 07:05 AM
    My boss' Q5 got the blue screen too. He has a Z10 as a loaner and can't wait to have his physical keyboard back.

Posted via CB10
    10-05-13 08:51 PM
    I had the same experience. From what BlackBerry support said, it seems to be an issue related to some early released devices

Posted via CB10
    10-05-13 08:56 PM
    I had the same experience. From what BlackBerry support said, it seems to be an issue related to some early released devices

Posted via CB10
    Well my phone was purchased on the first day of USA release, but the Z had been around in Canada (and Europe?) well before that. And, I see a Q listed here as having the issue and that's hardly an early phone. It always happened to me (as I recall) when I was typing a text or email.
    10-06-13 04:11 AM
    Sorry I can't provide any useful assistance.
    Posted via CB10
    Pretty much the case...
    10-06-13 08:22 AM
    Blue screen just happened to me. I'm so pissed. I'm abroad right now and scheduled back home in 20 days so I can't get a new one anytime soon.
    10-27-13 03:13 PM
47 12