If you're only going to follow one account, using Twitter in the hub isn't necessary, and the stock twitter app should be just fine, unless you expect this account to be mentioning you and sending you messages, like if it's a personal friend and not a corporation.

I took a screencap so you can conceptualize what it looks like when someone mentions you. These are what appears in the hub. Since you've been mentioned, it draws your attention to the message. Personal information about those that have mentioned me has been blocked out, but you can see that all of them say @ImpyChick. That's me, and it shows me that I've been mentioned.

ETA: It doesn't appear that in the stock version of twitter (the current version I have is 10.0.2.14 according to the info in settings) lets you control the frequency of tweet updates. However, if you're in the app itself, all you have to do is pull the tweet list down and it'll refresh and show you the latest tweets.
    05-03-13 12:23 PM
    ETA: It doesn't appear that in the stock version of twitter (the current version I have is 10.0.2.14 according to the info in settings) lets you control the frequency of tweet updates. However, if you're in the app itself, all you have to do is pull the tweet list down and it'll refresh and show you the latest tweets.
    That's not good enough.

Blaq for me then
    05-03-13 01:01 PM
    That's not good enough.

Blaq for me then
    So basically you're wanting to follow one twitter account...and get notified each time they make a tweet?
    05-03-13 01:51 PM
    Twitter in the hub only gets direct messages - or rather messages that mention you, you are aware of that?

Else I would just say wait a bit.

Posted via CB10
    05-03-13 01:58 PM
    Everyone is doing Twitter wrong...

Posted via CB10
    05-03-13 02:03 PM
    So basically you're wanting to follow one twitter account...and get notified each time they make a tweet?
    precisely
    05-03-13 03:43 PM
31 12