how well is the BB Traffic function retained in the stock maps application? It is honestly one of the most valuable apps I have.
    That is the only drawback. Traffic was excellent at giving you the best route and an accurate arrival time. I find that the current version of maps is not as good at these two functions.
    03-15-13 11:51 AM
    I like it better than android version of navigation on the s3, except s3 allowed voice search

Posted via CB10
    03-15-13 12:04 PM
    Yes when it says search, you can start typing your contacts name and if address associated you can select it, pretty cool!

Posted via CB10
    03-15-13 12:06 PM
    Waze has just been released for BB10. BB MAPS is good, but if you want a freebie with good POI, then Waze works.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-13 12:33 PM
    The BB Maps just works. Just as well as any stand alone GPS device. Great integration with Contacts and Foursquare. You can also copy and paste addresses from the browser into Maps.
    The multitasking just shines with the Z10. You can open Foursquare or browser with Maps navigating in the background, while streaming your music through Bluetooth. You can also active voice commands anytime in the process.
    03-15-13 12:51 PM
    Try this :
    Check out Mireo DON'T PANIC Try and Buy in BlackBerry World! You can find it at BlackBerry World - Mireo DON'T PANIC Try and Buy
    Perfect turn by turn directions along with 3d maps. Works better than anything I have tried on any other platform. Uses Tom Tom data. Has POI as well.

Posted via CB10
    Now that's getting a bit more like it, downloadable maps, and nice trial period to confirm it's OK thanks for the heads up

although it can't cope with landscape mode

Edit.
    They've put an update out that resolves the landscape mode, and it's now fantastic.

I've paid for and downloaded the Western Europe Maps and the app is THE best gps available for the Z10
    Last edited by slparry; 03-21-13 at 03:48 PM.
    03-15-13 02:02 PM
    Tried Mireo an hour ago. Worked fine for about 5 mins, then it went haywire with pixels all over the place. Thought better of it, so uninstalled. Stick with what I got.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-13 02:10 PM
    OMG is this what I was looking for???? This doesn't require data to work? Like my Lumia 920?? Please tell me that is what this app does and I will be soooooooo happpy! I want to keep my phone in my windshield as a GPS device like my Lumia 920
    03-15-13 02:14 PM
    OMG is this what I was looking for???? This doesn't require data to work? Like my Lumia 920?? Please tell me that is what this app does and I will be soooooooo happpy! I want to keep my phone in my windshield as a GPS device like my Lumia 920
    Yes this what it does. There is a try before you buy.
    03-15-13 02:23 PM
    Yes this what it does. There is a try before you buy.
    Well thats what I wanted to know! So I guess giving up my Lumia 920 isnt that bad apart from the low light camera and the vid cam performance! I miss the Z10 keyboard.
    03-15-13 02:35 PM
    I use BlackBerry maps all the time on my Zed, dead accurate and smooth as silk. Although now waze is available I can see myself using that more

Posted via CB10
    03-15-13 02:56 PM
    They fixed the low light camera and video cam issues. Mine works great!
    Turn by Turn Navigation on the Z10?-img_00000080.jpg

Posted via CB10
    03-15-13 03:21 PM
    Whilst blackberry maps works it does look and feel like something that was created a decade ago. It has the strangest colour scheme I've ever seen.

But hey Waze is now out, even though it is a slow port with regards to the menu systems. The actually navigation traffic and rerouting works well.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-13 03:46 PM
    Is the navigation only for US maps? I tried it in singapore but have not been able to get it to work.

It shows the route just fine but there is no voice guide navigation.

Posted via CB10
    03-18-13 12:25 AM
    Yea I misunderstood. He was talking about BlackBerry maps. I strongly recommend the mireo apps. It's better than Google and that was my primary map application when I had the 9900.

Posted via CB10
    One of the reviews said it doesn't have voice for the turn by turn navigation is that true?
    03-21-13 03:26 PM
    One of the reviews said it doesn't have voice for the turn by turn navigation is that true?
    I dont know what review you saw or read or what crack the reviewer is on, but BlackBerry maps has TRUE voice turn by turn navigation
    03-21-13 03:44 PM
    You should try waze. I worked with BlackBerry maps first and than started with waze. It is way better in finding things, has a better voice command. (in german).

And it finds a dresses way better! And at the end the map dater is more accurate here!
    So it for free, test it!

Posted via CB10
    03-21-13 04:17 PM
    I dont know what review you saw or read or what crack the reviewer is on, but BlackBerry maps has TRUE voice turn by turn navigation
    I was talking about the app the person I quoted mentioned
    03-22-13 03:57 AM
43 12