So I just found this out while playing with the unlock gesture. Some of you may have already found this.

Base scenario required for this to work - display turned on (assuming you just needed to check the time/messages & did NOT fully unlock the display yet)

So while the clock & messages are being displayed - PERFORM an inverted 'V' swipe from the bezel - which means your swipe must start and end with the bezel.

I found that performing this gesture turns off the display without having to press the power button to turn off the display

Hope you guys can get this to work - or else this is a bug with my phone - so dont hate me for sharing
    02-22-13 02:16 PM
    Sounds cool, i will try this soon.

thanks op
    02-22-13 02:19 PM
    Works great.
    Thanks!
    02-22-13 02:20 PM
    Only for locked display
    02-22-13 02:22 PM
    you can also just continue your upward drag and go directly back down onto the bezel. as long as you don't let go
    02-22-13 02:24 PM
    Sweet thanks. I noticed that you don't need to do a V really. A quick up and down with your thumb (bezel up and straight back down) will do the trick.
    02-22-13 02:25 PM
    So I just found this out while playing with the unlock gesture. Some of you may have already found this.

Base scenario required for this to work - display turned on (assuming you just needed to check the time/messages & did NOT fully unlock the display yet)

So while the clock & messages are being displayed - PERFORM an inverted 'V' swipe from the bezel - which means your swipe must start and end with the bezel.

I found that performing this gesture turns off the display without having to press the power button to turn off the display

Hope you guys can get this to work - or else this is a bug with my phone - so dont hate me for sharing
    Yep it works, should post this in the tips and tricks thread though.
    02-22-13 02:26 PM
    I agree....Didnt know how to write - " move your finger up and down" without breaking out into a smile.... Thought the V swipe is a more polite variant LOL
    02-22-13 02:49 PM
    Only for locked display
    You can just hit the top button. That works for either locked or unlocked displays. A gesture for that too would be nice, like corner to corner.
    02-22-13 02:57 PM
    lol i thought it was a known feature, didnt think it would need a new thread
    02-22-13 04:26 PM
    No need to go up and down, just a downward swipe to the bezel works for me.

There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't.
    02-22-13 05:44 PM
    No need to go up and down, just a downward swipe to the bezel works for me.
    HA! Sweet.
    02-22-13 09:30 PM