So I was just wondering, is it better to leave bb on or off while asleep? Does bb actually works like iPhone when it is always on most of the time? Thanks.
    01-16-14 03:21 PM
    Hi and welcome. I never turn my Z10 off. Never. It goes on a charger during the night while in bedside mode.
    Rest of the time....on and open for business.

I don't see how it could matter if the phone is on or off at any time.
    JamBueree and ublackberry like this.
    01-16-14 03:48 PM
    Hi,
    I change to Airplane Mode at the Night while I charge the Z10. :-)

If someone wants something from me he can use the good old drums. ;-)

Greets Chris
    Posted via CB10
    01-16-14 05:49 PM
    The older BB OS's had a feature where you could tell it to turn off at say 11pm and back on at 6am. Even in that state if you had a wake-up alarm set, it would go off. I really liked that feature but they no longer have it. It did save battery power and I did not have to worry about it buzzing or singing or vibrating and waking either me or the OTHER person!!!!
    01-16-14 05:56 PM
    Bedside mode. It works perfectly and now you can keep call alerts on in case of emergency

Posted via CB10 for Z10
    01-16-14 06:17 PM
    The older BB OS's had a feature where you could tell it to turn off at say 11pm and back on at 6am. Even in that state if you had a wake-up alarm set, it would go off. I really liked that feature but they no longer have it. It did save battery power and I did not have to worry about it buzzing or singing or vibrating and waking either me or the OTHER person!!!!
    Bedside mode will solve that problem. Notifications go off for the night. You can even set it to make it so only phone calls come through so you don't miss anything important.

As for auto on/off, BBOS phones were able to do that because the phone never truly turned off (hence the need for a battery pull when a reset was needed). It was essentially a glorified "sleep mode."

With BlackBerry 10, the phone fully powers down when off, and cannot be automatically turned on, as there is no power being supplied to send a "wake up" signal.

JB

Posted from my brain to your screen via CBQ10
    01-16-14 06:21 PM
    Hi and welcome. I never turn my Z10 off. Never. It goes on a charger during the night while in bedside mode.
    Rest of the time....on and open for business.

I don't see how it could matter if the phone is on or off at any time.
    YES. This is exactly what I do. I feel uncomfortable and lonely when my phone is actually off. I feel like I was cut off from the rest of the world. :[

BlackBerry Z10 / 10.2.0.1791
    Mil Stamenkovic likes this.
    01-16-14 06:44 PM
    The only problem with BedTime (I've renamed it!) Mode is that I have to remember to set it. And on PAIN-OF-Death, I liked the old OS - it just did it. No memory required!
    01-16-14 07:57 PM
    The only problem with BedTime (I've renamed it!) Mode is that I have to remember to set it. And on PAIN-OF-Death, I liked the old OS - it just did it. No memory required!
    At least it's a simple swipe down from the top bezel at the lockscreen as opposed to having to go into the clock app to turn it on.

JB

Posted from my brain to your screen via CBQ10
    01-16-14 08:11 PM
    When I sleep I just put it in bedside mode. All my notifications are there when I wake up with no boot up AND the blinking light won't drive me crazy and keep me up all night

Photo a Day Channel: C002B5A07
    01-16-14 08:12 PM
    I just leave mine on all the time too
    01-16-14 08:47 PM