Turn off LinkedIn and Facebook in Contacts App?
I recently moved from the iPhone to the Z10 and am loving it! But, there is one nagging issue (actually two, but that is a separate post) that I can't figure out. In the "Contacts" app, I go into the settings and turn off LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook, only leaving my Work contacts as selected. But, when I go back to the app (out of settings), there are still contacts showing up from all three (LinkedIn, Twitter and FB). If I look in my Outlook contacts, these contacts do not exist (further proof to this point is found by looking at the actual contact on the Z10 - the data comes from LinkedIn as an example).
Question - is this a bug or am I missing something?
Thanks for the help!
- CrackBerry Genius
02-27-13, 05:42 PM #3
- 3,463 Posts
I just tested and when I go into the contact app, swipe from the top bezel and switch off linked in, the contact actually disappears from the contact app instantly. No need to restart the app or anything. Note that BlackBerry actually uses a technologie where it would try to automatically link all your contacts social accounts together (like Facebook, Twitter, linked in) of the same person into a unified contact.
Posted via CB10
@makaveli86 - yes - the links are there (2 and 3 times). This stays the same even if I turn off the other options.
@bobshine - wow - that's exactly what I am trying to do and it doesn't work! Perhaps I will try and remove my Exchange account and add it back to the phone.
- By BBUser2007 in forum BlackBerry 87xx SeriesReplies: 2Last Post: 09-27-09, 01:53 PM
- By jbarajasp in forum Storm 3rd Party AppsReplies: 1Last Post: 04-25-09, 06:44 PM
- By jbarajasp in forum BlackBerry OS AppsReplies: 1Last Post: 04-25-09, 06:44 PM
- By jargon51 in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 1Last Post: 05-08-08, 06:32 PM
- By blob in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 1Last Post: 02-24-08, 12:46 AM