So I loaded the leak for the STL100-4, Verizon. The 10.1.0.1483. There are some bugs going on. I am unable to use the downgrade methods posted in the Blackberry 10 FAQ. I would like to try and get back to the 10.0.9.422

Can anyone offer a solution?

Thanks,
    04-26-13 07:38 PM
    Restore to Factory Settings in BlackBerry Link doesn't work?
    Jiggy1971 likes this.
    04-26-13 08:01 PM
    I just did this yesterday. No, Reload in Blackberry Link does not do it like you'd think it would.

Plug your phone into your computer and run that autoloader for 10.1.0.1483 again. When it starts writing, unplug it. The red LED will start blinking in a pattern of 3, indicating the phone is "bricked." Open Blackberry link and plug the phone back in. Link will say that it can't communicate with the phone and you will have the option to reload the Verizon OS again. Click on that and the reload process will start. Once it's done, unplug the phone and go through the phone setup. When it checks for updates, it will detect the 1MB OS update that was recently released. This will leave you with the "newest" Verizon OS, which is 10.0.9.422. Restart Blackberry Link and plug the phone back in, and all will be back to normal.
    04-26-13 08:12 PM
    Just to confirm because I might have to do this too in the future.

This is what I did for the last hybrid, are you saying it won't work for the latest hybrid?

-Open Up BBLink

-Plug your phone in

-At the bottom of BB Link, there will be two tabs, one for your computer, one for your phone that you just plugged in

-Click on the tab that represent your computer

-Click on the Settings icon at the top-right corner of BB Link (It's an icon of a gear)

-Now go down towards the middle of the page where it says "Reload Device Software"
    Jiggy1971 likes this.
    04-26-13 10:13 PM
    Thanks folks. I will give it a try. Hopefully I have a phone when I am done.

BTW Young Z that did not work for me.
    04-26-13 10:52 PM
    Just to confirm because I might have to do this too in the future.

This is what I did for the last hybrid, are you saying it won't work for the latest hybrid?

-Open Up BBLink

-Plug your phone in

-At the bottom of BB Link, there will be two tabs, one for your computer, one for your phone that you just plugged in

-Click on the tab that represent your computer

-Click on the Settings icon at the top-right corner of BB Link (It's an icon of a gear)

-Now go down towards the middle of the page where it says "Reload Device Software"
    If you upgrade link to the latest version, the reload device software button doesn't work. You can press it all day and it won't do anything.

Posted via CB10
    Jiggy1971 likes this.
    04-26-13 11:08 PM
    I have tried the computer tab - settings - reload device software and the phone tab - settings - restore device data - restore to factory settings, before and after the latest Blackberry Link update and neither worked. It goes through a data wipe and when it goes to "Checking for Updates" it finds the Verizon 10.0.9.422, which is an earlier version than the 10.0.10.116 leak I had installed, so it says you already have the latest update and it gives up. Then you go through the whole phone setup to realize you still have the same OS you started with and all you did was a security wipe. But, no worries. The Verizon update has actually been pretty good so far. I've had 1 random reboot @ 4am and nothing else all day, I had been getting 2-3 reboots a day and my battery dropped 25% in 18 hours.
    04-26-13 11:18 PM
    I have tried the computer tab - settings - reload device software and the phone tab - settings - restore device data - restore to factory settings, before and after the latest Blackberry Link update and neither worked. It goes through a data wipe and when it goes to "Checking for Updates" it finds the Verizon 10.0.9.422, which is an earlier version than the 10.0.10.116 leak I had installed, so it says you already have the latest update and it gives up. Then you go through the whole phone setup to realize you still have the same OS you started with and all you did was a security wipe. But, no worries. The Verizon update has actually been pretty good so far. I've had 1 random reboot @ 4am and nothing else all day, I had been getting 2-3 reboots a day and my battery dropped 25% in 18 hours.
    Interesting. I am with Rogers STL100-3, and when I downgraded from the last hybrid, it went through nicely.

I am not home at the moment at can't try, plus the hybrid is doing pretty good for me. Hopefully it will let me upgrade when the official 10.1 release comes out.
    04-26-13 11:28 PM
    If you upgrade link to the latest version, the reload device software button doesn't work. You can press it all day and it won't do anything.

Posted via CB10
    Woah, really!? Dang, thanks! I won't update it when I get home. I still haven't upgraded yet since the new version came out while I was traveling.

BTW: Do you mean that the new BB Link reload button is broken for all phones, even official firmware phones? Or do you mean the reload button is broken for hybrid firmware phones only? Thanks again.

BTW2: if the above is true, I think it's better to try to find and download and install the old BB link rather then putting your phone in a brick state? I think that is too risky if you can just install an older version of BB Link where the reload button works...
    04-26-13 11:30 PM
    The reload button on the updated BB Link doesn't work, it appears to be a BB Link problem not related to whatever phone you plug into it.
    04-26-13 11:39 PM
    Thanks for the help Kayatoca. We are all good and back to 10.0.9.422. Whew!
    04-26-13 11:43 PM
    The reload button on the updated BB Link doesn't work, it appears to be a BB Link problem not related to whatever phone you plug into it.
    Thanks for the heads up. Wow, that would be really frustrating, did you send a notice to BB on this bug?
    04-26-13 11:49 PM
    I had previous version of LINK (binaries) and used it. It helped
    04-29-13 10:51 AM
    Thanks for everyone who commented.

Question: I upgraded to the leaked 10.1 and it blows. I seem to be having the same issues with the device and nothing has really changed for the better. I know i can not complain because it is a leak, but I am going to try to call VZW and get a return.

Do we know if BB Link was fixed? I want to try to do this to my phone but I do not want to brick it if I can not get it back on.
    Thx
    05-02-13 02:50 PM
    Help my phone won't reload the software either this is what I get for trying to update the phone now I can't get the OS reliad unto my BB Z10
    04-08-15 03:59 AM
    Help my phone won't reload the software either this is what I get for trying to update the phone now I can't get the OS reliad unto my BB Z10
    You should really start your own thread.
    Anyone would need a more information to help you. Which OS are you trying to load? Which OS did you upgrade from? What upgrade method did you use?
    Have you tried an autoloader?

Posted via CB10
    FF22 likes this.
    04-08-15 04:42 AM
    i did the remove of the sim card and hook it back up to the computer and reloaded it work now thanks. i was trying to upgrade to 10.3.1 and it crash. but im up and running now. i know next time to start a new thread.
    FF22 likes this.
    04-08-15 10:21 PM