This is a little odd. I'm attempting to download a podcast but it is playing in the browser instead. However, other podcasts from different sites are downloading instead. What could be causing the podcast to play instead of download?

Posted via CB10
    12-08-13 08:45 PM
    Link please?
    12-08-13 08:54 PM
    Oh sorry, here's the link below.

http://dlcanticle.com/category/podcast/

Click on any of the download links. On OS7, clicking on the download link actually downloads the file as opposed to playing in the browser.

Posted via CB10
    12-08-13 10:46 PM
    Frankly, the slideout (from the right has a bunch of ICONS which are almost meaningless to me. I would prefer a word or text to explain what the hell they stand for (is there a key to them somewhere?) But I pressed and HELD on the link and the SLIDEY showed icons. I chose the link with CheckMark and it offered the download page! But I don't know if anything is really happening but there is a file.mp3 being saved/downloaded.

I think I can figure out the top and bottom ones but someone can provide info for what each of them stands for:

Trying to download podcast but it is playing in browser instead-img_00000009.jpg

Oh, wow (easily confused).... it did download the podcast. And when I clicked to play it, it filled the whole house! I forgot I had been using the z10 hooked to my tv but also using the BB Music Gateway. So while I disconnected the hdmi cable, I'm still playing audio from the Gateway hooked to my living room system downstairs.

But back to the issue - hold link and select the download option.
    Last edited by F2; 12-08-13 at 11:45 PM.
    diegonei and niss63 like this.
    12-08-13 11:27 PM
    Thank you for the response. I didn't consider to long press on the link to bring up the optioned on the right side. I still it's a little odd that the download link opens the mp3 file in the browser.

Posted via CB10
    12-09-13 02:01 AM
    F2 beat me to it, but yeah, that's a solution.

Posted via CB10
    12-09-13 07:32 AM
    Frankly, the slideout (from the right has a bunch of ICONS which are almost meaningless to me. I would prefer a word or text to explain what the hell they stand for (is there a key to them somewhere?) But I pressed and HELD on the link and the SLIDEY showed icons. I chose the link with CheckMark and it offered the download page! But I don't know if anything is really happening but there is a file.mp3 being saved/downloaded.

I think I can figure out the top and bottom ones but someone can provide info for what each of them stands for:
    You can place your thumb on one of the icons and without lifting your thumb up, slide it up or down the row of icons. This will cause the name of each icon to be displayed as your thumb passes over it.:

Trying to download podcast but it is playing in browser instead-img_00000282.png

Or, you can grab the link bar above the icons, and drag the bar to the left in order to see all of the names at once:

Trying to download podcast but it is playing in browser instead-img_00000284.png

HTH

Posted via CB10
    12-09-13 07:51 AM
    NIss63:

Yes, as I posted a separate thread seeking a list of all of those obscure icons, I discovered the additional slideout where the text is hidden. I still would not mind a link to a full list of these icons. But thanks for the info.
    12-09-13 08:27 AM
    can u help ,i need blackberry 8100 servicbook and brower
    12-10-13 08:13 AM
    can u help ,i need blackberry 8100 servicbook and brower
    Maybe someone in the appropriate forum can help. Sounds like an older model

More BlackBerry Phones - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com
    12-10-13 09:38 AM