I live in the Virgin Islands And We have HSPA+ But i would most likely go for the Lte Verson even though it wil use the 4G
    01-20-13 06:02 PM
    I live in the Virgin Islands And We have HSPA+ But i would most likely go for the Lte Verson even though it wil use the 4G
    Unless you buy an unlocked version, you probably won't have a choice because your carrier will only choice one or the other.
    T-Raww likes this.
    01-20-13 06:38 PM
    it's a slow news day...switching channels to watch mud wrestling
    01-20-13 10:09 PM
    My question is whether or not T-mobile will have an LTE version. If not I will probably wait until they do.
    01-21-13 09:25 AM
    My question is whether or not T-mobile will have an LTE version. If not I will probably wait until they do.
    Possibly. T-Mobile's LTE launch is supposed to happen in the "coming weeks" in Vegas, then Kansas City, and then hit 100 Million people worth of coverage by mid year and 200 Million by years end. I'm sure they will be wanting new phones like the BB10 devices to be able to leverage this investment they are putting into the network. That said, I'd love to see an LTE version come in at one price point, and the London to be offered by T-Mobile too at a lower price point for options and to get more potential customers. LTE isn't a critical need of mine as I find HSPA+ to be great for my needs, and it would allow me to get my kids and wife to get migrated to BB10 sooner with a more attractive price on an HSPA+ only model. No matter what version of Z10 T-Mo gets I will be at the store on release day shelling out full retail.
    mckillio likes this.
    01-21-13 11:04 AM
    I think they should look ahead even in the areas that don't have LTE. Many use their phone for the entire contract and beyond so will your area have LTE in a year or two? There is an option to not have the LTE band constantly searching for a network that isn't there?
    01-21-13 11:22 AM
    If you're location doesn't have LTE coverage then you'll be able to disable LTE in the options.

Thanks for the info Inichols, I was able to confirm this as well. That being the case I fully expect T-mobile to sell the 'Lisbon' Z10. Hopefully they soon list which cities will be getting LTE and when.
    01-21-13 12:03 PM
    yh i will buy an unlocked version hopefully At&t provides one
    01-22-13 07:17 AM
    It will depend on where you are and if LTE is even a network option.... There are many regions in the world where LTE is still years away.
    Not only "years away", local laws may prevent import, supply and use of equipment which supports "illegal" frequencies and non-licensed modes of operation. The choices for a carrier with these restrictions would be a device without 4G/LTE, or no support for BB10 devices.
    01-22-13 08:00 AM
    BB10 Alpha B has the option of 4G under settings. So i assume BB10 Z10 will also have it.
    01-23-13 03:43 PM
    Forgive my ignorance, but what is the difference between LTE and 4G?

Sent from my BlackBerry 8900 using Tapatalk
    LTE is 4G. 4G isn't 4G, it's 3G that carriers marketed as 4G. Hence why you'll see some people referring to it as Faux-G.
    01-23-13 03:52 PM
    LTE is 4G. 4G isn't 4G, it's 3G that carriers marketed as 4G. Hence why you'll see some people referring to it as Faux-G.
    Actually LTE isn't 4G either. LTE Advanced is the closest.
    01-23-13 03:54 PM
    4G phones do not exist!! But if your interested I have a phone marketed at 5G for sale. Let me know.
    01-23-13 04:35 PM
38 12