Just take a screenshot of two apps open in the screen working at the same time. That will show me
    Sent from my SGH-I337M using CB Forums mobile app
    Here you are
    This is true multi-tasking!-img_00000333.png

Posted via CB10
    08-28-13 09:59 AM
    It does keep the video running in the back? You just cant see it because too busy on another app whilst listening to youtube, you can see the video is still running if you go to your active frames
    Video picks up from where it left off

08-28-13 10:00 AM

This is true multi-tasking!-img_20130876.png
    Video updates in real time whilst I'm not actually in the YouTube app, once I go into the video I continue to see the video from the spot that I was listening to? It carries on in the background dude and picks up as soon as I'm in it, hard to explain it properly sorry :L

Posted with my stl100-2 on .1371
    Gambit_DE likes this.
    08-28-13 10:04 AM
    Nope, sorry buddy... Listening is the same, because youtube is played in the browser on the Z which has to be running (really! ;-) )
    I'm amazed that you wouldn't yield to the point here that being able to see and watch a video at the same time as reading a text message is better than being able to listen to the video only (which negates the true purpose of video) while reading a text message. These are the kinds of comments that start flame wars in forums.
    08-28-13 10:06 AM

And would u look at that, I can go straight to my hub from anywhere and have all my messages there for me (left pin messages there cos of personal emails, contacts etc...)
    This is true multi-tasking!-img_20130877.png

08-28-13 10:08 AM
    I'm amazed that you wouldn't yield to the point here that being able to see and watch a video at the same time as reading a text message is better than being able to listen to the video only (which negates the true purpose of video) while reading a text message. These are the kinds of comments that start flame wars in forums.
    Maybe KyleOsborne148 did a better job here, posting a screenshot... my bad
    08-28-13 10:09 AM
    This is like 2 guys arguing over who's ***** is bigger. Give it a rest. The Z10 can multitask and most Android phones do also, my Nexus 4 does it with ease. has been doing it long before the Z10 came out. What's the Big deal anyways ? Jesus.
    08-28-13 10:12 AM
    I would think a pre requisite would be hqving both apps open at the same time so we can see them. Multitasking. ...
    Too bad one of these apps has to be youtube. Which btw can be sideloaded on the Z10 if you so desire.
    08-28-13 10:13 AM
    I think Mike is saying, he is true multi-tasking.. not BlackBerry 10

Posted via CB10
    miker476 likes this.
    08-28-13 10:16 AM
    And would u look at that, I can go straight to my hub from anywhere and have all my messages there for me (left pin messages there cos of personal emails, contacts etc...)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20130877.png 
Views:	2010 
Size:	219.4 KB 
ID:	196548

I can drop down a menu and do the same.

08-28-13 10:20 AM
    Too bad one of these apps has to be youtube. Which btw can be sideloaded on the Z10 if you so desire.
    It can be any app you need it to be. Youtube was just easy to show it keeps olaying video on screen whike I type and send a message...multitasking

08-28-13 10:22 AM
    Maybe KyleOsborne148 did a better job here, posting a screenshot... my bad
    No. He didnt. Posted 2 frames in the back you cant bring forward and use at the same time. Typical bb user...look for the cheap solution to stop gap it. Raison de etre around here lately

08-28-13 10:23 AM
    Multitasking is not split screen.
    As told before I like split screen but I don't need it.

Glad you enjoy the features of your phone

Posted via CB10
    08-28-13 10:33 AM
    So tugger, do you anything else other than trying to downplay anyone's enthusiasm for bb10?
    miker476 likes this.
    08-28-13 10:33 AM
    No. He didnt. Posted 2 frames in the back you cant bring forward and use at the same time. Typical bb user...look for the cheap solution to stop gap it. Raison de etre around here lately

But dude say you want to watch a youtube video right, you get a text so you have the text app open and youtube app open, surely you cant concentrate on watching a video while texting/emailing etc, same applies to a game, you cant text or email someone and concentrate on a game at the same time, now I know there are exceptions where it could be useful to have both screens open but for the most part its a gimmick thats wasting screen space? Just my opinion thats all, maybe its the best ******* feature on the whole phone for you
    mujahid 10, PatrickMJS and Rowan M like this.
    08-28-13 10:35 AM
    If you'd see... qnx os is the only real time os running as BlackBerry 10..
    I think that should clear some doubts over the multi tasking abilities...

Posted via the awesome z10 using CB10
    08-28-13 10:36 AM
    Can't you do this with any smartphone?

Posted via CB10 on my Black Z10.
    No, it closes the app. On iphone you can't do anything while face timing and android is the same. BlackBerry keeps everything open and doesn't close it every time you minimize the app just like on a windows computer. So you can be talking on the phone, doing a word document and surfing the Internet literally all at the same time.

Posted via CB10
    08-28-13 10:40 AM
    No, it closes the app. On iphone you can't do anything while face timing and android is the same. BlackBerry keeps everything open and doesn't close it every time you minimize the app just like on a windows computer. So you can be talking on the phone, doing a word document and surfing the Internet literally all at the same time.

Posted via CB10
    And that, friends, is the op's very point. He was able to do all that while maintaining a continuous video chat. You CANNOT do that on any Android phone or iPhone.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by PatrickMJS; 09-02-13 at 02:26 PM. Reason: The Penguin Who Has No Pants posted a pic on Aug. 29th with an Android phone running skype while a browser window is open
    08-28-13 10:51 AM

Posted via CB10
    Still only one thjng at a time in screen. Android resumes the same way qnx does when an app is brought back. Qnx knly reql time? Maybe in their rinky dinky way.
    Again. Bring 2 apps on screen and use them

Saiga likes this.
    08-28-13 10:51 AM
    So tugger, do you anything else other than trying to downplay anyone's enthusiasm for bb10?
    Maybe if the enthusiasts did some research before posting some stuff they wouldn't get downplayed?
    08-28-13 10:53 AM
    Still only one thjng at a time in screen. Android resumes the same way qnx does when an app is brought back. Qnx knly reql time? Maybe in their rinky dinky way.
    Again. Bring 2 apps on screen and use them

Loved how you were oblivious of my post about the fact having 2 things running on the screen is a gimmick in a lot of circumstances...
    08-28-13 10:54 AM
    So you can be talking on the phone, doing a word document and surfing the Internet literally all at the same time.

Posted via CB10
    Uhm, literally, you can't. Lol

BlackBerry 10 can only run one application in the foreground at once. That's it. How can you surf the internet while editing a document, when you can only use or see the browser or document editing app at time? You can't see them both at once, so how in the world would be able to use both tasks at the same time?

That is called task switching. Just like iOS does. With BlackBerry 10, you constantly have to switch which task is in the foreground.
    08-28-13 10:55 AM
    Can't you do this with any smartphone?

Posted via CB10 on my Black Z10.
    As far as I know, the YouTube player stops even the browser stops playing when you enter home screen or any other app. I really don't like it! Android wise.

My BB10 has no problem though.

One thing that really adds to the multitasking is the flow. I barley know what it is but when you realize it working, it really is amazing. It really breaks it from the standard way of using technology unfortunately paved and drilled into our heads. You never need to open another program. Just one program and everything else opens like a link and just back swipe back.
    miker476 and PatrickMJS like this.
    08-28-13 10:56 AM
    Uhm, literally, you can't. Lol

BlackBerry 10 can only run one application in the foreground at once. That's it. How can you surf the internet while editing a document, when you can only use or see the browser or document editing app at time? You can't see them both at once, so how in the world would be able to use both tasks at the same time?

That is called task switching. Just like iOS does. With BlackBerry 10, you constantly have to switch which task is in the foreground.
    But dude you may be able to have both frames open at once BUT can you DO them BOTH at the SAME time?
    08-28-13 10:59 AM
    IOS doesn't switch tasks like the Z or the S4. It puts tasks into hibernation and wakes them up. This is meant to save battery on ios phones. Nevertheless it is able to split screen on the ipad.
    That's why split screen is no proof for real multitasking.

Posted via CB10
    miker476 likes this.
    08-28-13 10:59 AM
681 1234 ...