Z10STL100-4/10.3.1.1151

I prior to installing my first 10.3.1 leak, I really didn't have any complaints about the battery at all. I would go as far as saying it was really good, in fact.

But I'm wondering if two things may be the cause: swapping out batteries and installing the leaks.

Also about the same time I installed my first 10.3.1 leak, I also picked up a BlackBerry charging combo. Instead of charging my battery when it gets low, I started shutting down the OS and swapping out the battery.

I'm going to keep one battery in for a while and see if it has any effect. If not, I would have to assume the 10.3.1 leaks are not yet optimized for the Z10s yet. I'll then have to make the hard device soon whether to downgrade, or not.

Has anyone else gone through troubleshooting like this or have other suspicions? Anyone else seen a correlation between swapping batteries and a quicker drain on them?
    11-24-14 12:39 PM
    How much change do you notice? Open Device Monitor and see what, if anything, is using the battery and how much.

Of course, one battery could hold less of a charge. And reverting to an earlier OS might be more definitive.
    11-24-14 02:53 PM
    Best cure for battery issues is a NEW battery. Replace your battery once per year with a new one and forget about battery issues. Every time you charge the battery the actual capacity gets lower and lower. Old battery with 500 cycles may have about 50% actual capacity left. Many people don't understand this and expect the original 2y old battery to last forever.
    11-24-14 03:15 PM
    Best cure for battery issues is a NEW battery. Replace your battery once per year with a new one and forget about battery issues. Every time you charge the battery the actual capacity gets lower and lower. Old battery with 500 cycles may have about 50% actual capacity left. Many people don't understand this and expect the original 2y old battery to last forever.
    I am getting the same battery life with my original battery (March 2013) as I am with the one I bought with the charger bundle in August of this year.
    11-24-14 03:50 PM
    How much change do you notice? Open Device Monitor and see what, if anything, is using the battery and how much.

Of course, one battery could hold less of a charge. And reverting to an earlier OS might be more definitive.
    I used to be able to go roughly 15 - 20 hours on 10.2.x builds. Now I'm getting around 7 - 10 hours.

The biggest offender of consumption is iGrann Pro. I tend to leave apps running but I have been more diligent about closing that one in between checks, now.

I'm really going to hate going back to 10.2.1...trying to avoid it. LOL I've come to depend on those features now, ugh...
    11-24-14 03:54 PM
    I am getting the same battery life with my original battery (March 2013) as I am with the one I bought with the charger bundle in August of this year.
    That's good. You have good quality batteries.
    11-24-14 07:15 PM