Couldn't do it...forgot he has a v2 sim...but as soon as I can ill check it to confirm

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-09-13 11:17 AM
    Found another with Rogers v3. I will check now

02-09-13 11:19 AM
    Typical rogers. $50 to unlock a phone?
    02-09-13 11:27 AM
    How can you tell if your Z10 is already unlocked?
    When i go into: settings>security and privacy>sim card. At the bottom it has:
    Network Subset
    Unlocked
    Service Provider
    Unlocked

I purchased my phone outright from bell and all they did was scan the box and give me a new sim.
    02-09-13 11:31 AM
    If you bought from a carrier in Canada, it's locked. It'll only be unlocked if you entered a code to unlock it (which your carrier may provide you for a fee, or you can get one from a third party supplier). If it's unlocked, you'll see...

Network
    Unlocked
    Network Subset
    Unlocked
    Service Provider
    Unlocked
    mantiz likes this.
    02-09-13 11:33 AM
    Thanks matty,
    I should have read the whole thread before I asked.
    I was just hoping that they made a mistake and didn't lock mine. If you ask me it should be a crime to lock a phone that you payed full price for. It's like buying a car and realizing that it's chained to the store after you drive away.

I guess i will just wait for the unlock prices to drop a little before I unlock mine. No hurry for me.
    dj_matty_s likes this.
    02-09-13 11:39 AM
    Well i just wonder if some pre-orders were unlocked phones, nice if that has happened to you.

Try another service providers sim into it like obviousl rogers not bells and see for 100% if its unlocked, but apparently it appears it is for you.

Man that is awesome if it is and right from a pre-order from the carrier.
    Yeah your right...it's not unlocked. tried a Rogers v3 sim and no go

02-09-13 11:48 AM
    I've gone through **** tying to unlock my Telus Z10. Bought unlock codes from two different reputable places, both provided the same code. I've tried the all 16 digits with a the telus sim and with a fido sim, no luck, then the first 8 digits with both sims, then the last 8 digits with both sims. I'm down to three tries and I'm bricked!!!
    I really wanted it unlocked to use down here in Belize with Digicell, but I'm SOL, back to using my unlocked 9860. I wanted to show off my beautiful new Z10. When I get back to Canada, I'm calling our telus corporate rep and threaten to move our business if they will not sell me an unlocking code, this is ridiculous, I travel a lot, and need and unlocked phone.
    02-12-13 07:56 AM
    Did you try BlackberryCodeSource? I had trouble unlocking my Rogers z10, three different unlock providers all supplied invalid codes, I was starting to worry. Finally tried BlackberryCodeSource and the code worked....
    02-12-13 08:18 AM
    CrackBerryUnlocking.com ? BlackBerry Unlock codes, BlackBerry Unlocking, Unlock BlackBerry 10

It's an 8 digit unlock code!! There have been many threads on this.
    thebigguy1 likes this.
    02-12-13 12:11 PM
    True baronea,

For anyone that wants to use Telus you can buy a Koodo Z10 for only $550 off contract and use it with Telus.

Also if you want to use Virgin Mobile a Bell Z10 will work without unlocking and vice versa

OR, I could just buy the telus phone and not have to worry about unlocking.
    Instead, I found the rogers one and am trying to unlock it so I can use it with telus now, rather than wait x days/weeks for a telus deal to come along.
    02-12-13 04:12 PM
    True baronea,

For anyone that wants to use Telus you can buy a Koodo Z10 for only $550 off contract and use it with Telus.

Also if you want to use Virgin Mobile a Bell Z10 will work without unlocking and vice versa
    BlackberryCodeSource.com --> why does the merchant info say unlock codes direct. Is it the same?
    02-14-13 11:04 AM
    I bought a Rogers V10 locked but had it unlocked for traveling in South America, the phone will connect to the network but i am unable to get Data or BBM. Down here they have packages for Data... a social network package for smartphones, that may include FB, Twitter, Linkedin, yahoochat, MSN but restrict streaming services? Skype doesn't work on one network and BBM only works if you buy the BB data plan.

My phone settings are unlocked as follows:
    Network Unlocked
    Subset Unlocked
    Carrier Unlocked

The APN is preset from the carriers micro sim chip and they confirm it's correct.

Still i can't get data, though when i swap the chip in with my iphone it works fine???

Any ideas out there or similar issues?

Cheers.
    03-01-13 08:20 AM
    I am currently trying blackberrycodesource.com. They advertise 1 - 7 hour to get my unlock code (Rogers), but it is now 25 hours since they received my payment and sent me an email to say my unlock code is being processed. I emailed Jeffrey 4 hours ago to find out how much longer, but no response.

Might have to file for a refund with PayPal if I do not hear from them by tomorrow.

For those that used blackberrycodesource.com, how long did it take?

Thanks
    03-19-13 06:28 PM
    I am currently trying blackberrycodesource.com. They advertise 1 - 7 hour to get my unlock code (Rogers), but it is now 25 hours since they received my payment and sent me an email to say my unlock code is being processed. I emailed Jeffrey 4 hours ago to find out how much longer, but no response.

Might have to file for a refund with PayPal if I do not hear from them by tomorrow.

For those that used blackberrycodesource.com, how long did it take?

Thanks

OK, they finally responded, they said my email when to spam so they didnt see it. They claim my code was sent already, but will resend it. Hopefully it works out.
    03-19-13 06:41 PM
    OK, they finally responded, they said my email when to spam so they didnt see it. They claim my code was sent already, but will resend it. Hopefully it works out.
    Wineng, how did your unlocking work out? Did they send one code or multiples? If so, why do they send more than one? Thanks!
    03-24-13 02:35 PM
41 12