Are you like me? Are you having trouble transferring your contacts from your BB OS7.1 or older device to your new shiny BB10 Z10? Tried BlackBerry Link to no avail? Tried syncing contacts with an email address only to have half or none of your contacts show up? Have you tried switching devices using the SD Card only to find that it doesn't transfer your contacts?

Well then! Have I got something to show you! I noticed that in my contacts list on my BB9900 running BB OS 7.1 that I could highlight a contact, hit the menu button and send the contact card via Bluetooth! Hallelujah! My prayers have been answered! All I had to do was turn Bluetooth on on both devices and pair them. Then I could select the contact I wanted and send via Bluetooth to my Z10!

Whats that you say?

"This sounds like an awesome solution!"

"How can it get any better than this!"

"But I have, like, 800+ contacts I don't want to do this for EVERY contact!"

Wait! You don't!

"But how can I do this for all my contacts? It doesn't give me an option in my contacts to transfer all of them?"

SIMPLE!!!

Just go into your "Networks and Connections" tab in your "Manage Connections" menu and select "Bluetooth Connections" from here, all you have to do is click your BB10 enable device that you previously paired and select "Transfer Contacts"!!! Just follow the easy on screen instructions that follow and VOILA!!! Your contacts have now been transferred to your brand new shiny BB10 Z10!!!

But wait! There's more!!!

Naw, I'm kidding, thats it lol I felt like such a lost cause the last 2 days trying to get my contacts to transfer to my Z10 and when I found the solution it was such a relief! I'm sorry for starting a new thread for this, but I searched and I found a few different threads with this same problem, but no solutions. So instead of replying to each individual thread, I decided to create a new one. If I'm the only that is suffering with this problem, then I guess I just wasted my, and everyone elses, time doing this lol

Oh well, at least I hope you got a laugh if nothing useful and informative came from this

Added this to give another option for transferring contacts if the above method doesn't work. All thanks and credit for this method go to Karsh.

Okay...I ended up having to load them in a round about way. I used the Desktop Manager Software to one way sync my contacts to a dummy Outlook account. I then converted the contacts to a csv file. I then imported the csv file to my gmail account which then synced wirelessly to my Z10. I know this is a bit of a hassle but the other ways were just not working for me. I hope this helps at least someone out.
    Last edited by tfp; 02-15-13 at 09:17 AM. Reason: Added additional method
    02-07-13 06:58 PM
    Are you like me? Are you having trouble transferring your contacts from your BB OS7.1 or older device to your new shiny BB10 Z10? Tried BlackBerry Link to no avail? Tried syncing contacts with an email address only to have half or none of your contacts show up? Have you tried switching devices using the SD Card only to find that it doesn't transfer your contacts?

Well then! Have I got something to show you! I noticed that in my contacts list on my BB9900 running BB OS 7.1 that I could highlight a contact, hit the menu button and send the contact card via Bluetooth! Hallelujah! My prayers have been answered! All I had to do was turn Bluetooth on on both devices and pair them. Then I could select the contact I wanted and send via Bluetooth to my Z10!

Whats that you say?

"This sounds like an awesome solution!"

"How can it get any better than this!"

"But I have, like, 800+ contacts I don't want to do this for EVERY contact!"

Wait! You don't!

"But how can I do this for all my contacts? It doesn't give me an option in my contacts to transfer all of them?"

SIMPLE!!!

Just go into your "Networks and Connections" tab in your "Manage Connections" menu and select "Bluetooth Connections" from here, all you have to do is click your BB10 enable device that you previously paired and select "Transfer Contacts"!!! Just follow the easy on screen instructions that follow and VOILA!!! Your contacts have now been transferred to your brand new shiny BB10 Z10!!!

But wait! There's more!!!

Naw, I'm kidding, thats it lol I felt like such a lost cause the last 2 days trying to get my contacts to transfer to my Z10 and when I found the solution it was such a relief! I'm sorry for starting a new thread for this, but I searched and I found a few different threads with this same problem, but no solutions. So instead of replying to each individual thread, I decided to create a new one. If I'm the only that is suffering with this problem, then I guess I just wasted my, and everyone elses, time doing this lol

Oh well, at least I hope you got a laugh if nothing useful and informative came from this
    I just figured this out tonight....where were you the last two days lol!...great post, i'm sure MANY will find it useful, seems to be a common issue.
    02-07-13 07:58 PM
    Its midday and I still haven't got into work yet, been trying to migrate my contacts over to my frustratingly new Z10. As a BB evangelist what on earth was I going to tell my followers with a user experience so poor I couldn't even get over the most basic of hurdles. Tried Blackberry Link, my memory card and various other solutions but nothing works. Extremely disappointed with BB Link, the bits that did get across are all over the place. This is the only solution that worked for me, Thanks a million.

P.S.
    The app situation is a bit hit and miss, after this extra year of development we have Story Maker but no WhatsApp. Not looking forward to being 'out of the loop' with friends and work mates not on BBM.
    No Blackberry Travel, Poynt or eBay what happened to the developer relations there? All coming I suppose but for a comms device no WhatsApp is poor.
    02-08-13 06:36 AM
    Its midday and I still haven't got into work yet, been trying to migrate my contacts over to my frustratingly new Z10. As a BB evangelist what on earth was I going to tell my followers with a user experience so poor I couldn't even get over the most basic of hurdles. Tried Blackberry Link, my memory card and various other solutions but nothing works. Extremely disappointed with BB Link, the bits that did get across are all over the place. This is the only solution that worked for me, Thanks a million.

P.S.
    The app situation is a bit hit and miss, after this extra year of development we have Story Maker but no WhatsApp. Not looking forward to being 'out of the loop' with friends and work mates not on BBM.
    No Blackberry Travel, Poynt or eBay what happened to the developer relations there? All coming I suppose but for a comms device no WhatsApp is poor.
    You're welcome and glad I could help

I know its not an ideal solution but I know that the sideloaded WhatsApp worked quite well on the PlayBook, is that an option you're willing to take while waiting for them and BlackBerry to play nice? I know that the sideloaded eBay app worked well also. Again, not an ideal solution to have to sideload our own converted apps but it will help bridge the gap until they are properly released.

I have a couple of sideloaded apps on my Z10 and they run buttery smooth.
    02-08-13 07:56 AM
    You're welcome and glad I could help

I know its not an ideal solution but I know that the sideloaded WhatsApp worked quite well on the PlayBook, is that an option you're willing to take while waiting for them and BlackBerry to play nice? I know that the sideloaded eBay app worked well also. Again, not an ideal solution to have to sideload our own converted apps but it will help bridge the gap until they are properly released.

I have a couple of sideloaded apps on my Z10 and they run buttery smooth.
    sideloading works well for some apps...installed whatsapp (semi functional), skype, google nav (amazing!)
    02-08-13 12:48 PM
    I've tried to use the method you've described. It seems only the first contact in my address book moves over, I don't understand why it only moves just one when it says that it has moved all of my contacts...

Help...
    oneday116 and atribecalledx like this.
    02-10-13 12:09 AM
    on a 3G curve and only the first contact comes over and no more... any other suggestions?
    02-11-13 03:32 PM
    @tfp You should work in the infomercial business. Haha

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    tfp likes this.
    02-11-13 03:36 PM
    Can the mods make a sticky with tips and solutions like this one so when some gets a z10 (USA users ) have an easy way to find info we need...
    tfp likes this.
    02-11-13 03:43 PM
    This was a very informative post. This needs to be stickied. Mods?
    tfp likes this.
    02-11-13 03:50 PM
    So reasonable question ... why doesn't Blackberry Link work ? Must be a big deal for business users.
    02-11-13 03:54 PM
    BB Link works. Takes a lifetime for it to transfer though. I really hate the linking system they implemented too, with FB, twitter and Linkedin. You used to be able to select a fb contact and link. You now have to wait until fb contacts are synced to phone, then link them.
    Bbnivende likes this.
    02-11-13 04:01 PM
    Am I the only person who lost a few contacts while doing this? It wasn't a big deal for me, but could be more troubling for others.
    02-11-13 04:01 PM
    Mine did the same thing on my old curve 3g. Finally I just stole the wife's sim card so I had bis and BBM them over

02-11-13 04:02 PM
    Thanks - tried and it worked partially, got two thirds approx of the contacts any reason why some remained, they're all saved on my phone not on the sim and none are grouped?
    02-11-13 04:05 PM
    i was able to transfer my contacts names and phone numbers but thats all. no email address's bithdates or anything. Is there a way to do this?

DISREGARD!! i figured it out. its all there i just didnt see it.

One thing i cant figure out is how to transfer over all my notes from "Memo Pad"
    02-12-13 02:06 PM
    This worked in exactly the same way Link did and transferred 1 contact only. Where are my contacts saved? I'm assuming they saved onto the memory card. If so, what is the file name and can I simply drag drop it directly? Everything I've tried failed and I get 1 contact only despite it saying 111 entries copied.
    02-12-13 02:21 PM
    well indeed what a flipping great chap u r.

I have spent all afternoon messing with this Z10 and thinking yup its fab but i dont get why it wont let you do a simple task like transfer my 1000+ contacts, it is supposed to be so easy to use
    anyway even on the RIM official website etc etc it does not say apart from if they are synced with some other software that will do it, Well RIM mine are not synced with anything and I still could not get them on GGGGRRRRRRR.

Alas I decided this �400 unit is worthless to me, right up to the point where I thought AAAHHHH Crackberry

I am now sat back waiting for said contacts to wing their why across the bluetooth ether whilst I sit back and light a nice big cigar ! ! and take a satisfying swig of Jack D

Thank you ever so much for sorting one of life's little problems...................................
    and just to think one day we had them written in little address books and all we had to do was tipex over them and write new ones in, how hard was that, i mean come on

anyway back to Jack
    tfp likes this.
    02-12-13 03:01 PM
    I love you so much.

tfp likes this.
    02-12-13 03:18 PM
    My contacts from my 9700 (BBOS 6) are not coming over either. I have tried the bulk transfer via bluetooth and only my first contact in my address book comes over.

HELP ME....this should not be this difficult. Clearly RIM (BB) should have thought of this.
    02-13-13 09:10 AM
    Okay...I ended up having to load them in a round about way. I used the Desktop Manager Software to one way sync my contacts to a dummy Outlook account. I then converted the contacts to a csv file. I then imported the csv file to my gmail account which then synced wirelessly to my Z10. I know this is a bit of a hassle but the other ways were just not working for me. I hope this helps at least someone out.
    tfp likes this.
    02-14-13 02:18 PM
    If you're like me, and I know I am, you've been wondering about this very issue quite a bit. I've collected 6 years of BlackBerry and 13 years of SIM contacts and the loss of Desktop Manager to transfer data had been concerning me.
    02-14-13 05:14 PM
    You sir (OP) are the man!
    tfp likes this.
    02-14-13 08:21 PM
    I see alot about the address book, but does anyone know how to migrate the calendar??? I need some serious help. This will be my third time wiping my Z10 to use blackberry link to attempt to transfer files over again.

First time: 10 contacts transfered along with bbm
    Second time: 70% contacts transfered bbm says there is a server error
    Third time: still to come
    02-14-13 09:47 PM
    One thing i cant figure out is how to transfer over all my notes from "Memo Pad"
    Click on the "Remember" icon and you should see an "Untitled Entries" folder. They should be in there; at least, that is where I found all of mine.
    02-14-13 09:55 PM
36 12