all those austrian and german ex iphone useres bichting around..welch wunder ; )

there is a reason, why the z10 is not available in germany and austria. since drei, bob and all those low cost virtual and semi virtual provider have different settings, the are not supportted within the official firmware right now. there is a "leaked" firmware, which will allow you to change the apn settings.
    but be informed, that this firmware will have troubles with the provider based blackberry services.

next time purchasing a phone..think twice why it isn't available in your country.
    02-21-13 11:09 AM
    When a BB10 phone detects the SIM that is given, it will configure it to however the carrier config is set - in this case they have it set to need a BlackBerry plan, currently like how Bell does.

The APN is set by the carrier, and is a carrier requirement.
    This is what I'm thinking too. I think some carriers (like Bell, apparently) are engaging in this APN locking business, and OP just happened to buy from one such carrier. Is BlackBerry faultless here? Probably not, because they at least allow these carriers to lock in the APN. The majority of the blame, IMO, lies with the carrier though.
    02-21-13 03:20 PM
    today i walked to the biggest provider A1 Austria and asked the shop assistant to borrow me a SIM-Card. i put it in the z10 and it worked out of the box....Why? In every A1 mobile phone contract a BB data plan is included. If you use 3, Orange or T-Mobile it is necessary to book the BB plan additionally.
    Conclusion: the new BB devices don't need a special plan, but certain provider force you to buy one to use a Blackberry device.. (<- also known as profit maximization)....
    z!0 works without any issues on T-Mobile Austria (on A1 too as you have discovered - I have not tested nor have the desire to test the other networks) You DO NOT need the BIS Data Plan for Z10.
    vptsff likes this.
    02-21-13 04:46 PM
    Well the reason is that currently my apn settings are totally wrong and I can't change them. That means the phone won't connect to mobile data.

Clear enough?

Posted via CB10
    No. Why are these settings changed/wrong. I have never changed apn settings because they are wrong. Do not even know what apn settings are. Why has this become part of the process of using an unlocked phone. Why were my settings never wrong. Genuinely interested.
    02-21-13 06:00 PM
    am sure someone here or on other blackberry forums will find a fix/patch ...... similar to rooting or jailbraking.... or they may end up writing a program to override the apn fields being locked..... as for apn locking is concerned right now.... carriers like Bell, may not want people to use MVNO's such as PC-Mobility (running on the bell network here in Canada) to be used to run a blackberry, other than bell themselves.... racking up money for their own..... perhaps. .... the same with Rogers and Catr. Considering that a BIS plan is not required anymore. My opinion would be if one would stick to a "Major Carrier" for example T-Mobile vs Simple Mobile in the US, its shouldnd be an issue for now until someone (from Crackberry prehaps...... KEVIN??) figures thing out on how to unlock the APN slots... or writes an app for unlocking the APN fields..... that is if Blackberry wont do anything about it...... Perhaps, once every one gets the Z10, Blackberry will dish out a configuration software similar to apples to change APN settings..... who knows...

My opinion on the APN block. (Kev, start writing the mod!! =) )

too much misinformation on here...

the sim does not determine the Apn...
    the programming that is on the phone determines what apn it uses..

in simple terms, the sim tells the phone what carrier you are with, the phone has an apn list which then sets the apn to what it finds in the list for your carrier.
    the different carriers out there have told blackberry what apn they wanted to be used by default.. if the wrong apn is being used, then blackberry had not programmed the correct apn... this would normally not be a problem because every other phone out there allows you a way of changing the apn setting... the z10 does not...

I am sure that this was done I purpose.. the major carriers told blackberry to lock down the apn setting so that they could force people to change their plans. Blackberry may play stupid and say it's a bug, but I doubt that we will ever see this bug fixed... They are in no position to go against the carriers wishes
    02-26-13 04:10 PM
    The problem is solved with the firmware 10.0.10.90 ..
    3 AT works with the z10 without any problems

now i have problems with the combination T-Mobile and Z10 *lol* seems like i should not use a blackberry...

Posted via CB10
    03-13-13 02:05 PM
    I'm using my Z10 with a T-Mobile Austria Sim Card and everything works great. Firmware: 10.0.10.99

What's your problem with the T-Mobile & Z10 combination?
    04-29-13 03:54 AM
    @MatschAT

Ich habe telring und ich kann meine APN settings auch nicht editieren , habe bereits versucht meine A1 sim einzulegen und die settings zu editieren (den mit A1 sim gehts wunderlicherweise) aber mit telering sind die wieder grau hinterlegt. Ich werde versuchen eine t-mobile SIM einlegen ob die APN settings dann irgendwie gespeichert und �bernommen werden. Ansonsten bleibt mir nur der Verkauf des Ger�tes denn ohne internet bringts mir absolut nix, was ich echt schade finden w�rde denn ich liebe das Blackberry eigentlich von Tag zu Tag mehr. Vielleicht hast du irgendeinen Tipp . Danke Mfg
    04-29-13 11:56 AM
    hey, i use a telering SIM and it`s still not working to edit the APN settings or getting a connection to the internet. With my A1 SIM , the APN settings are changeable , but it doesn`t save the settings when i put the telring SIM back into the Z10. Do you have any idea how i can get it fixed? It should work with telering what futurezone article said.
    04-29-13 11:59 AM
    @MatschAT
    the problem is solved. what happened? T-Mobile changed the APN-Settings for blackberry 10 devices

@Martin
    sorry, i don't have a solution for you.
    04-30-13 02:40 AM
    Can you give me APN, username and password on T-Mobile Austria?
    12-06-13 01:15 PM
    Can you give me APN, username and password on T-Mobile Austria?
    APN = BB10
    no username/password required
    vptsff likes this.
    12-07-13 06:18 AM
    APN = BB10
    no username/password required
    Thanks so much, mate!
    Extremely simple!
    12-07-13 08:32 AM
63 123