Hey guys, and gals! In light of all the (bad?) news surrounding Blackberry I began to get a little worried. I thought that my trusty Z10 was circling the drain and would no longer be a supported device, and the apps would stop coming.

So, I bought a Galaxy S3. I was going to get the S4, but the differences weren't that numerous for the price jump as I was buying full price and not with an upgrade. So, I've had numerous Android devices before so the setup was familiar, and within a few minutes I had my home screens customized my apps downloaded and I was ready to roll. I thought I may have made the right decision going back to a familiar platform with more apps.

Then I tried to use my phone. Pushing a home button all of a sudden was more tedious than I remember. Opening different apps for my numerous email accounts became increasingly frustrating. And going to check a new email that came in, and then getting back to what I was doing just seemed cumbersome. I was a little confused, as I never remembered Android being this inelegant before.

Then it hit me. The Z10 really had made my workflow faster! I was used to swiping and sliding to maneuver through screens effortlessly. I was used to all my communication being centrally located (and color coded for easy reference!). I had grown accustomed to doing things just a little FASTER. Not that Android couldn't do the things I wanted it to, it just took a few extra seconds, more button presses and just more effort. Now Android has no shortage of customization options with roms and tweaks, etc.. Which is great for some, but I didn't want to tweak my menu bars, or customize a kernel or even load a theme. All I wanted was to check an email and get back to what I was doing in less than two seconds. With a simple swipe up (or just look at the notification on 10.2) on the Z10 I could do that.

So, for everyone who may be thinking about jumping ship, it's your choice. But, after trying to leave I find myself back to the Z10. No, it doesn't have all the apps I want. No it doesn't have tight google integration like Android devices. No it's not for everyone. But after using it since shortly after launch, I just can't seem to use anything else.

p.s. Anybody want to buy a Galaxy S3?
    09-24-13 10:11 AM
    I think android is only for a gamer.
    but for the workflow it's BB nuff said
    phuoc and JMDBERRY like this.
    09-24-13 10:15 AM
    Great for music and media too! At least my HTC One is! And before you ask YES I'm still a BB user. My daily driver is a Z10 on Verizon, and I switch my Tmobile line between the HTC One and a Q10!
    09-24-13 10:19 AM
    great post - glad to see you are back!

can't imagine to use other phone than my Z10.

Posted via CB10
    itzJustMeh and tg1 like this.
    09-24-13 10:20 AM
    Great for music and media too! At least my HTC One is! And before you ask YES I'm still a BB user. My daily driver is a Z10 on Verizon, and I switch my Tmobile line between the HTC One and a Q10!
    So many people have more than one phone. It always amazes me. If you had to be monogamous, would it be the Z10?
    09-24-13 10:21 AM
    I think Androids are great for lots of things to include business uses. But it's less about the ABILITY to do things and more about the EXECUTION. Imagine getting rid of the microwave in your house. Sure there are other ways to heat up your food, workarounds. But it's just not as effecient. That's the way I feel about android and bb10. Can android do all of the things BB10 can? Probably. Will it be as effortless and smooth in execution? Definitely Not.
    LeeU1911, 2ndHalfCor and Mecca EL like this.
    09-24-13 10:28 AM
    I thought about doing the same thing but I just couldn't do it!!
    09-24-13 10:28 AM
    Can't ever go back, this functionality of BB10 is amazing, fast, and easy. Z30 hurry up

8330--8530--9670--palm pre--palm pixi--HTC evo shift--9850--9930--iphone 4--iphone 5--HTC One--Galaxy s3--Galaxy s4--Z10--Q10
    09-24-13 10:29 AM
    It feel weird when use other phone when you already get used to z10

Posted via CB10
    09-24-13 10:31 AM
    So many people have more than one phone. It always amazes me. If you had to be monogamous, would it be the Z10?
    It would probably be the Z10, BUT the Q10 is really growing on me!
    BergerKing likes this.
    09-24-13 01:48 PM
    It would probably be the Z10, BUT the Q10 is really growing on me!
    I have the Z10 and my wife the Q10. Neither of us would swap the other!
    Nharzhool likes this.
    09-24-13 01:49 PM
    How much for the s3 and are u in uk

Posted via CB10
    09-24-13 02:40 PM
    Welcome back! I've recently got a cheap android to test the os out and its pretty awesome. You can basically do everything that a PC does with android. PIN to PIN is the only thing keeping me on blackberry. I love my Q-10 to death because of the keyboard. My Z-10 meh I'd trade it in a heart beat for an android worth the same value!!!

Posted via CB Q-10
    09-24-13 02:49 PM

I love my Q-10 to death because of the keyboard. My Z-10 meh I'd trade it in a heart beat for an android worth the same value!!!
    Such blasphemy
    Mecca EL and anon5288998 like this.
    09-24-13 02:56 PM
    Touch wiz is clunky, try a newer HTC device. Sense is smooth as butter these days

Sent from, My Motorola side view pager. 4-5683-8
    09-24-13 02:59 PM
    I think I am going to get a HTC one too. Definitely keeping my Z10 bec I still love BlackBerry but man I do miss a full app selection

Z10
    09-24-13 03:08 PM
    I think Androids are great for lots of things to include business uses. But it's less about the ABILITY to do things and more about the EXECUTION. Imagine getting rid of the microwave in your house. Sure there are other ways to heat up your food, workarounds. But it's just not as effecient. That's the way I feel about android and bb10. Can android do all of the things BB10 can? Probably. Will it be as effortless and smooth in execution? Definitely Not.
    Depends on the perspective, which is why choice is great.
    09-24-13 03:18 PM
    Similar with me, PlayBook finally going kaput after being dropped by my 2 year old for the 100th time so we decided to pick up a 7" galaxy tab 3 to give a try and get some apps my wife was wanting. I HATE THAT THING! Talk about cumbersome to maneuver around...we keep trying to swipe and jump between apps, figure out what apps are actually running, etc and it totally sucks with that damn home button!! That piece of garbage made me appreciate my z10 all the more. So there the Galaxy Tab 3 sits, hardly even touched.

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    09-24-13 03:25 PM
    Funny, I did the same thing. I was bored of my BlackBerry and wanted to try an android so after a few trades on Kijiji I had myself an S3. It was really cool at first and I was loving it. It wasn't until about a week later I realized how much I hate having a home button. Also I was so scared of dropping it. Knowing it would most likely break. Some features I really liked. The app selection was sweet. I really liked how it would should the message at the top briefly. I know it does that if you're in bbm. Not sure if your on a random screen. HATED the keyboard. The customizable home screens were really cool. They have some neat sensor features. Oddly, the one thing I extremely did not miss about my BlackBerry was bbm. I guess I like being able to read messages without them knowing.
    Finally had enough and traded for a brand new sealed unlocked z10. I'm gonna miss my apps

Posted via CB10
    09-24-13 11:19 PM
    Similar with me, PlayBook finally going kaput after being dropped by my 2 year old for the 100th time so we decided to pick up a 7" galaxy tab 3 to give a try and get some apps my wife was wanting. I HATE THAT THING! Talk about cumbersome to maneuver around...we keep trying to swipe and jump between apps, figure out what apps are actually running, etc and it totally sucks with that damn home button!! That piece of garbage made me appreciate my z10 all the more. So there the Galaxy Tab 3 sits, hardly even touched.
    #firstworldproblems
    SK122387 and Nharzhool like this.
    09-24-13 11:23 PM
    Yay! I love the swipe too.
    Swipe + hub as a sidebar has made everything so much faster. (and I forgot how to press buttons)

Posted via CB10
    09-24-13 11:26 PM
    When I play with Androids in the T-Mobile store or Best Buy (usually the HTC One or a Samsung Galaxy S4 or Note II), all it does is make me thankful that my Z10 isn't like them. I always open the applications I'd use most... I try to type an email, a text, move around the menus. It's like another language to me. I try to type just as quickly as I do on my Z10, and am left with a clusterfu⊂k of letters. I just can't.

I dabble in iOS, as I use my iPod touch a lot, but for my phone that I use for everything, BlackBerry10 just can't be beat.
    09-24-13 11:39 PM
    My wife doesn't like the colourful words I use when I try to help her with her S3.

Cool phone but when I look at the notification bar on top and settings, there's just seems to be too much going on and too confusing, compared to the Z10.
    SK122387, gfondeur and Nharzhool like this.
    09-24-13 11:40 PM
    Galaxy s3 is what im going to buy I love changing phones I love z10 had since release date I bought contract out just for it. However I just want a bigger screen now and seeming as I know for a fact now apps are not coming. 90% apps I use are androids anyway so :/

The hub is the main thing I'll miss... however I want a change and what a bigger screen z30 isn't an option for me I see it as a waste of time and more money. I don't see how people are even getting excited It's just the z10 but bigger... people complain about apple not changing each product in anyway z10 - z30? z10 does everything that phone can do tbh pointless to me it will not save blackberry and will.not bring new customers in it sucks i love BlackBerry but I can't see that being help. If this Os was on iPhone everyone would say best Os in world but because it's under the name "blackberry" it's instantly "****" according to these iPhone android users.

BlackBerry need to just let people try Os hide it's a blackberry and see if they like it, everyone would love it.

Posted via CB10
    09-25-13 12:01 AM
    Hey hey the z10 can play some hard core games too! ;p

BBM channels: c00121c99 for some knowledge and c00123fca for some real hip hop
    Nharzhool likes this.
    09-25-13 12:03 AM
217 123 ...