This was my first weekend traveling with the Z10 as my only phone.
    The good:
    - While using BB maps navigating, listening to internet radio and plugged into a charger, the temperature of the phone stayed steady (little warm) for hours! I didnt expect that. I was expecting higher temperatures.
    - BB maps wasnt all that bad for searching businesses and addresses.
    - GPS was locking almost instantly whenever I needed it.
    - I didnt have to download a single Android app.

The bad:
    - Using BB maps for long periods of time (over 3 hours) seems to make the app behaving weird. For example: While it locks within a radius of 2-5 meters instantly and driving steadily with 70 mph, slowly the arrow on the map seems to lag behind to the point that I am exiting the highway and the arrow shows that I am 500 meters before my exit. restarting BB maps every hour or so fixes the problem.
    - Directions do not use Exit numbers. It is not a big deal when the exit street is obvious, or you already know where you re going, but sometimes roads have a Highway number but also a name, so it can get frustrating and confusing.
    - Losing GPS lock once every hour, but it was locking again very fast (in 2-3 seconds)

The Ugly:
    - I counted over 10 cases in which call was dropped while the navigator was telling me where to turn. Might have been all coincidences and AT&T network is to blame.
    - The voice navigation sometimes was telling me where to turn, sometimes not. I had to check on the screen all the time to make sure. Restarting maps was fixing the problem.
    - Voice navigation whenever worked was kind of confusing. The words were not always complete. Sometimes was missing a syllable or two. That was happening randomly. Restarting maps, getting off the phone or closing any other apps working in the background was not fixing the problem.
    - I can live with all other issues but this one bothered me the most. While a wired headset is plugged in, the ringer does not sound through the headphones. Only from the phone speaker. I missed an important call. I did see the LED blinking, saw the missed call but there was no notification of a voice mail, and that was not cool. I could not find a setting to change all that.

Final thoughts: Love my Z10 and I want to get rid of my Android dependency but I find Z10's navigation, multitask and all around business tools incomplete and it can be dangerous in extreme cases.
    My next business trip is in 2 months so I hope we get some fixes.
    Last edited by sakisZ10; 03-11-14 at 10:19 AM.
    03-11-14 10:03 AM
    I miss BBTraffic. Sorry to hear you had issues with BBMaps. I hope it gets fixed as well.
    03-11-14 10:09 AM
    I loved BlackBerry traffic. That was a great navigation app. I hope BlackBerry maps improves as well.

Posted via CB10
    03-11-14 10:12 AM
    Never used BB Traffic but discontinuing a good app and using a mediocre one (with potential) might have been a business related decision. That, I dont mind. But the way BB maps navigation works might cause accidents in some cases and they should fix it ASAP.
    I will postpone installing Google maps but there also might be a hardware/OS integration issue here that causes all the troubles. So the issue may be a little more serious than a bad coded app.
    03-11-14 10:59 AM
    guys: Waze. there's a native version, as well as Android. i started with the native, but eventually got a notification that a newer version was available for Android, and switched. the Android version is visually more appealing, and otherwise functions just as well if not better than the native.

the things i really miss about BBTraffic are the trip computer and future ETA functionality. would love to see both of those capabilities added to any of the GPS apps available for BB10... i'd switch to whichever one provided them in a heartbeat.
    03-21-14 10:20 AM