Transferring from Torch 9800 to Z10
Am I missing something?
I used BlackBerry Link to transfer all the data from my 9800 to my Z10. I was under the impression that it would transfer all the settings from my e-mail accounts so that I would not have to manually set them all back up one-by-one; does that not happen?
- 02-01-13, 12:11 PM #2
I know email stuff doesn't go through device switch if you use memory card but I had a feeling it might with Link, maybe not.
Did you use the same BBID or make a new one? I'm curious if app purchases will stop working on my 9900 if I use the same BBID on my Z10. I would like to be able to keep both. I've got quite a lot invested in the 9900...
- 02-01-13, 12:15 PM #3
I had my 9800 running normal while I was setting up the Z10 this morning. I was still able to use some of the free apps that I had downloaded with both logged in on my BBID. That was only for a few hours though.
- 02-01-13, 12:20 PM #5
1. Use Blackberry Protect on 9800 - backup the phone
2. Run Blackberry Protect on Z10 - restore last backup
I hope it'll help. Please leave your feedback here so other Z10 freshmen will benefit from this. Thanks
I must admit I had not thought of that; so I have just tried it.
BlackBerry Protect is working because it is registered on protect.blackberry.com but I can not find more than a cursory reference to it in "Settings" and it is not listed in AppWorld for download or installed. Maybe I am just being a complete novice at this because the webpage saysYour BlackBerry 10 device currently makes use of the BlackBerry Desktop Manager for Backup and Restore options.
- CrackBerry Addict
02-01-13, 12:52 PM #7
- 611 Posts
- 0 Post(s)
- 0 Thread(s)
BerryReview has a post talking about what transfers
Guides for Transferring from Android, iPhone or BlackBerry to BlackBerry 10 - BerryReview
There are also PDF guides to switching from various devices
Bah! Found It
TOP NOOBIE TIP
To restore your files from a previous BlackBerry Device you need to do it from the device menu on BlackBerry Link...... that is on the bottom bar and click on your new device and select Restore.
Do I do that now... Probably Not - I will just soldier on
- By LAVV in forum BlackBerry Torch 9810Replies: 12Last Post: 08-12-16, 10:14 AM
- By doggsowner in forum BlackBerry Torch 9810Replies: 1Last Post: 11-22-11, 11:31 AM
- By dommelm in forum BlackBerry Bold 9930/9900Replies: 2Last Post: 10-18-11, 09:24 AM
- By D.Vader in forum BlackBerry Torch 9810Replies: 8Last Post: 08-27-11, 01:47 AM
- By in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 12-31-69, 07:00 PM