Hi all,

I sold my bold 9900 before getting my z10. I did do a full backup using desktop software on my mac.

However from what I read so far on device switch is that you need the old device connected to blackberry link first!

since i don't have the device anymore, is there any way for me to transfer from the bold 9900 backup?

Or am I sol?

Posted via CB10
    03-07-13 10:10 PM
    HI Yes, if you have the *.bbb backup for your old device, which from what I read in your post, I read an earlier post that if you Email InTouch app which you can do on your new Z10 , register and email them the file they can do the rest. Just do some searching about how it all works. And from what I read it is Free App. Only reason I know this, is transfering from my Torch 9800/9810 the way Z10 works with Switch Device you do not get all the info the way you had it on your earlier BB. I got this straight from RIM support, and while I'm at it.. I had to call RIM because the new Z10 I purchased was unlocked and I'm in USA with AT&T, and I made a big mistake about entering Password to many times and it went into Security Wipe Out .. data mode and in the process I was hooked up to the link. Talk about doing something stupid, I unhooked the usb while that happened..
    I'll make it short.. Do Not do what I did. Prevent wiping out your data with Password forgot it.. I'll say this if your phone is stolen it will become useless. But the BB Support is Awesome.. And they are there to Support the Customer and the 10. I leaned another about Transfer from the Torch while with the BB Support.. the Bluetooth, does a great job of transfering and getting it right way into your Z10.
    03-07-13 10:47 PM
    Hi, if you get your hands on another BB phone you could restore that backup to the phone and then make the switch using Link. OR you could extract the data from the backup file with software like the BlackBerry Backup Extractor and then import it to your phone. Although it's a bit tricky to work on a Mac, you would need Mono or Parallels. Gluck!
    03-15-13 10:59 AM
    So glad I came across this thread. Lost my 9870 and thought I was soooo SCREWED!!!! Did backups and behold no BB LOL!!!! Gonna try this backup extractor thingy.......
    03-15-13 01:52 PM
    i tried his backup extractor app now how do i transfer the contacts
    03-16-13 08:31 AM
    Hi There,

After a few frustrating days, this is what you need to do to move contacts, calender and other bits

a) Install latest software to 10.0.10.90 (If your in UK, use a Vodafone or Tmobile sim)

b) Contacts - Blutooth all Contacts from OS 7.1 to OS 10

c) Calender, Passwords, Wi-fi settings - Switch/Save option from OS 7.1 Handset to Memory card and reverse memory card on Switch/restore option in OS 10 Handset.

Ciao

03-19-13 10:09 AM