Hi,
    Waiting a long time for this new Z10, which takes a little getting used to, but so far, super happy!

In theory transferring data from an OS 7 device is done through the memory card, but i keep getting an error and it does not transfer all my contacts.
    I have connected (and downloaded the new Blackberry Desktop Manager) the Bold 9900 to the DM and it also doesn't see the contacts.
    I turned off wireless synchronisation and in the end i have 3 accounts.
    a) gmail account
    b) sky account
    c) unknown

The unknown account with most of my contacts doesn't wirelessly sync and I can't seem to be able to transfer them if not sending them 1 by 1.

Any thoughts of how I can get these contacts onto the Z10??
    talonsoes likes this.
    02-02-13 04:00 AM
    Not wishing to upset you, but you may be suffering from a bug to do with contacts. I have a friend with a 9900 and he accidentally synced his 9900 to someone else's laptop and now it looks like every email he sends comes from her. I don't think there is a straightforward solution. There were some threads about using a clean spare Blackberry but they were beyond me. Of course, your issue may be something totally different. How about asking Blackberry tech support?
    02-02-13 04:51 AM
    Not wishing to upset you, but you may be suffering from a bug to do with contacts. I have a friend with a 9900 and he accidentally synced his 9900 to someone else's laptop and now it looks like every email he sends comes from her. I don't think there is a straightforward solution. There were some threads about using a clean spare Blackberry but they were beyond me. Of course, your issue may be something totally different. How about asking Blackberry tech support?
    This may sound like a very silly question, but are there any shortcuts for contacting blackberry support?
    02-02-13 10:16 AM
    This may sound like a very silly question, but are there any shortcuts for contacting blackberry support?
    Not silly at all. Sorry, I don't know. Maybe Tweet them?
    02-02-13 11:31 AM
    Similar issue. Tried using the media card a couple of times. Don't seem to work. Missing address book and calendar, two most important items! Frankly, been a die hard fan for about ten years, very frustrating and disappointment! Certainly hope this can be solved ASAP.
    02-02-13 12:51 PM
    I have the same issue. My manual workaround was to sync the contacts and calendar entries on my 9900 (using Blackberry Desktop Manager 'Organizer' option) with Outlook. I exported a CSV file in outlook 2010 for the contacts and one for the calendar entries. I then imported both files into my gmail account (which is not my primary email account). I did delete all contact entries in gmail before I did the import. And finally i created an account on the Z10 to sync both gmail contacts and calendar entries.

I know this is a bit long winded...but that is only what I could come up with for now while this issue is ongoing. Apart from this obvious flaws above, I am not going back to my 9900! Enjoying the BB10 experience (that works!!)

Hope you get yours sorted out soon....

Similar issue. Tried using the media card a couple of times. Don't seem to work. Missing address book and calendar, two most important items! Frankly, been a die hard fan for about ten years, very frustrating and disappointment! Certainly hope this can be solved ASAP.
    snihed likes this.
    02-02-13 01:16 PM
    I have the same issue. My manual workaround was to sync the contacts and calendar entries on my 9900 (using Blackberry Desktop Manager 'Organizer' option) with Outlook. I exported a CSV file in outlook 2010 for the contacts and one for the calendar entries. I then imported both files into my gmail account (which is not my primary email account). I did delete all contact entries in gmail before I did the import. And finally i created an account on the Z10 to sync both gmail contacts and calendar entries.
    I know this is a bit long winded...but that is only what I could come up with for now while this issue is ongoing. Apart from this obvious flaws above, I am not going back to my 9900! Enjoying the BB10 experience (that works!!)

Hope you get yours sorted out soon....
    I've managed the device switch onto my sd card from my 9900 then put the sd card in my Z10. Where is the setting on the Z10 to complete the device switch?
    02-02-13 01:25 PM
    Hi everyone. The best solution I've found is to connect the 9900 to the Z10 via bluetooth. Once paired, in the BT menu on the 9900, select the Z10 by pressing it. When the menu pops up simply select transfer contacts. Job done. Thanks everyone, I'm here all week.
    larry5, gucio1882, Wild32 and 16 others like this.
    02-02-13 06:26 PM
    Hi everyone. The best solution I've found is to connect the 9900 to the Z10 via bluetooth. Once paired, in the BT menu on the 9900, select the Z10 by pressing it. When the menu pops up simply select transfer contacts. Job done. Thanks everyone, I'm here all week.
    Wow, simple, obvious, and it does work!!
    singhavi likes this.
    02-03-13 04:23 AM
    wow.. knowledge +1. thanks man.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk
    02-03-13 04:51 AM
    I'm afraid the bluetooth didn't work, at least, 100% for me - stopped in the middle, 'transfer interrupted'.

02-03-13 06:01 AM
    This option didnt work for me. It only transfered one contact alltough there was over 500 and it did say it had transfered them all.
    02-03-13 06:20 AM
    When I connect my Blackberry Torch 9810 with the new Blackberry Link it tells me "Device not Supported by Blackberry Link", but says I can transfer data from this device to a device running Blackberry 10 OS or later.

when I select, Transfer Data:

I don't pick up my Z10 until Tuesday, but I will certainly give it a go then. (Not sure why one image below got posted twice...sorry. Couldn't see where to remove it.)
    Attached Thumbnails Transferring Contacts from Bold 9900 to the Z10-screen-shot-2013-02-03-11.13.09-am.jpg   Transferring Contacts from Bold 9900 to the Z10-screen-shot-2013-02-03-11.13.21-am.jpg   Transferring Contacts from Bold 9900 to the Z10-screen-shot-2013-02-03-11.13.09-am.jpg  
    02-03-13 10:21 AM
    What about BlackBerry protect? You should be able to easily transfer all of your data from BB7 to BB10?
    02-03-13 10:29 AM
    Nope! Not working that way anymore! One naturally had assumed it would, given that it's BB to BB!

What about BlackBerry protect? You should be able to easily transfer all of your data from BB7 to BB10?
    02-03-13 11:12 AM
    Thanks this is ingenious! I was at it for hours before I discovered your solution. This works people and it is so simple!
    02-04-13 05:15 PM
    This simple issue must be addressed soon by BlackBerry. Is the one of the features that i alwalys defend most from iLovers or Droids!!!!! The easy way to transfer data from your BB device to your new one!!!
    02-04-13 05:26 PM
    So the easiest way to transfer phone contacts and BBM contacts is by using BBLink? Is there any other better solution here?
    02-04-13 09:19 PM
    This option didnt work for me. It only transfered one contact alltough there was over 500 and it did say it had transfered them all.
    I believe the other contacts are probably on a wireless sync, therefore they wont be transferred, but should be there the moment you set up your email accounts.
    02-05-13 06:34 AM
    Why don't you just use the device switch wizard on desktop manager. That is what it is designed for.
    02-05-13 04:25 PM
    Use Blackerry device manager so back up your 9900 then go over to Blackberry link plug your Z10 in and search for the 9900 back up file and load it up. Both fille types are .bbb it should work just fine
    cb123xyz likes this.
    02-05-13 04:31 PM
    Desktop Manager doesn't seem to do it, so I've started the process via BB Link...it allows both devices to be hooked at same time...all seems to be going smooth.
    02-05-13 05:26 PM
    Desktop Manager doesn't seem to do it, so I've started the process via BB Link...it allows both devices to be hooked at same time...all seems to be going smooth.
    Really? blackberry link is bugged for me :/ well at least the 4/7 page when you transferring data from the 9900 to the Z10 is
    02-05-13 05:28 PM
    Hi,
    Waiting a long time for this new Z10, which takes a little getting used to, but so far, super happy!

In theory transferring data from an OS 7 device is done through the memory card, but i keep getting an error and it does not transfer all my contacts.
    I have connected (and downloaded the new Blackberry Desktop Manager) the Bold 9900 to the DM and it also doesn't see the contacts.
    I turned off wireless synchronisation and in the end i have 3 accounts.
    a) gmail account
    b) sky account
    c) unknown

The unknown account with most of my contacts doesn't wirelessly sync and I can't seem to be able to transfer them if not sending them 1 by 1.

Any thoughts of how I can get these contacts onto the Z10??
    I just did it today. You need to download a new desktop manager from the blackberry home page called Blackberry Link and just follow instructions. Make sure you turn encryption off on your 9900 and plug both into your computer(you don't have to but if you have 2 USB cables its easier). Worked great for me(after I turned encryption off). This basically transfers everything from one to the other with the exception of a couple of things that aren't compatible.
    02-05-13 05:35 PM
    Transferring the contacts via Bluetooth has been the easiest.
    Works with phones from other platforms too.

And in case of syncing issues with email accounts, just do a "rset" solution in address book options page for the unwanted email accounts.
    Please DO remember to BACKUP your data using DESKTOP MANAGER before doing it.

If you get duplicate entries in address book, use a small app/utility called Contact cleaner, available in app world.
    As always, Backup before is recommended in case something goes wrong.
    02-05-13 05:35 PM
67 123