I got my new z10 on Friday - I've had some extremely annoying media transfer issues. Only a select amount of my media from my 9810 transferred over via BBL. I bought a 32gb card but all the data is on my old 16gb card.

I am having no luck transferring the files either via BB Link, or manually (still can't figure it all out). I've tried using the zip feature and moving folders, but everytime I switch the 16gb card with the 32, none of the files appear.

Also, is there a select all feature I can use on here to possibly do a more cumbersome alternative?
    03-24-13 10:43 PM
    You could use your pc to transfer them.

• Plug your Z10 into your computer
    • Go computer and look for Z10 [Pin:********](whatever letter: ) there should be 2 listed. Since both will be just under 16gb you will have to dig and look to make sure you selected the right one.
    • Double click it, and select all and copy.
    • Unplug the Z10 and put in your new card
    • Plug it back in and go back to my computer
    • Find the new card and paste.

If you have already tried that, try formatting your new card.

"The easiest way to format the microSD card is to simply use your brand new BlackBerry 10 smartphone. Once you insert it, go to Settings and then Storage and Access. From there, go down to Media Card Details and tap on Format Media Card."

Hopefully this makes sense and helps.
    Last edited by Verbal72; 03-25-13 at 01:25 AM.
    03-25-13 01:03 AM
    I'd do the transfer on PC, as Verbal72. I'd also suggest formatting the new card on your Z10 before the transfer of data. I had some glitchy performance from a new card. Formatting it it in the device then transferring the data cleared it up. And, don't just select all from the old card and copy it over. Take the longer route and copy photos to photos, documents to documents, etc.
    03-25-13 07:01 AM
    I'm working off of a mac and I've tried that, moreless. I got stressed and probably didn't comb over as I should of, but I'll give it a shot again now and let you know how it goes.
    03-25-13 05:48 PM
    I have BlackBerry Link in mac.. I spent a few hours trying to sync my ~2000 photos ~700 songs it was very frustrating. Sync kept stopping and when it continued it duplicated some stuff. In the link software there is an option to remove the media.. that didn't work.. ended up formating my card (again) and synced it again.( plugged in) now that I finally got the media on there it worked fine.... After paying with it for a while the files on the card became corrupted. pulled the battery out and works again... I just gave up

Posted via CB10
    03-25-13 06:48 PM
    I had to do a round about way to transfer the data but it worked without reformatting the card. I had to create multiple folders for both cards to transfer the files to. It's still a bloody mess sorting through all the folders, but it works.

Posted via CB10
    04-02-13 09:41 PM