Basically I have 433 contacts in my address book on my torch. When i try to Sync my torch contacts to a CSV file do I use (DOS) or (windows) CSV file or doesnt it matter I import the CSV file to Gmail contacts but only 5 or 6 contacts are transferring to both my Z10 and Gmail. Strange as when I've tried to bluetooth my contacts from Torch to Z10 it states 433 contacts have been sent via .vcf however only 1 contact has transferred the very first one from my address book. Pulling my hair out here as I need to send loads of stuff out and I'm stummped.
    Seem a right Doofus i can't sort this out.
    OK, I understand better now. Let's take one more step back. Did you transfer your Contacts from your BlackBerry 9800 to Microsoft Outlook on your PC? If so, how many contacts appear *in* Microsoft Outlook???

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-13-13 08:17 AM
    do I just go to contacts in Outlook for that? will it tell me how many are there?
    02-13-13 08:22 AM
    I don't think they did not all of them as my wifes isn't in there summins wrong somewhere.might be me. LOL
    02-13-13 08:26 AM
    Here is the link to the detailed instructions that I followed. Use (windows) CSV file. Yes it is confusing and certainly not as simple as a USB sync under Desktop Management-I haven't got the Calendar to transfer as yet. Hope this helps.

How to sync Outlook information with Blackberry Z10 | Geek Squad
    02-13-13 08:47 AM
    Thanks for you help B320 but it seems I'm gonna have to import all the contacts manually...................................great!

Thanks again.

Matt
    02-13-13 09:28 AM
    Thanks for you help B320 but it seems I'm gonna have to import all the contacts manually...................................great!

Thanks again.

Matt
    wow....what a royal pain to have to go through all this.....
    02-13-13 09:38 AM
    Yeah Nightmare!
    02-13-13 11:39 AM
    I've just managed to get my contacts from outlook csv file to my gmail account..............................
    Do I just start up my gmail account now on my z10??
    02-13-13 11:45 AM
    I've just managed to get my contacts from outlook csv file to my gmail account..............................
    Do I just start up my gmail account now on my z10??
    Yes.

You're almost there. Digital nirvana is in sight.

violator101 likes this.
    02-13-13 11:58 AM
    Not quite there got loads of stuff i didnt want jeeeez why cuddnt BB make this so much simpler?
    02-13-13 01:11 PM
    wow....what a royal pain to have to go through all this.....
    Yes,i agree, this is a royal pain. But what we as Blackberry users have to get our heads around the fact the this is a new os. And what I mean is that BB10 is a ground zero os. It has no connection to the legacy os, which we are all familiar to. In essence we are starting from scratch, but it is nice to see some people coming up with a work around to help us navigate.
    violator101 likes this.
    02-13-13 02:08 PM
    A new era has begun with bb10. The first step was launching the product as close to perfect as possible, job well done. Now they're going to add bricks to the foundation, more and more amazing features and functionality. Our perfect little BlackBerry baby all wrapped up in a beautifully designed papoose (z10).

I used Google contacts to backup and restore them wireless.

02-13-13 03:42 PM
    I really wish that the Outlook/Contacts/Calendar won't sync issues only had one thread instead of the 3/4/5 that exist. I have solved my problems using the Microsoft live account-outlook.com etc.method to export my Outlook Contacts and Calendar. Outlook Connector has created another folder in Outlook with Contacts and Calendar. When I open Outlook Calendar I have my shared Office calendar that everyone in my office can see and edit and right beside it is my new outlook.com calendar which will sync automatically with my Z10. If someone makes/changes an appointment for me I just check the month or weekly view and then copy the new appointment to the outlook.com calendar tiled beside my office calendar which then syncs with my Z10. It is a bit of a pain-certainly much more complicated than a simple USB connection to my Blackberry but it works. Contacts are easier to just drag the changed Contact info from my Office Outlook to the outlook.com Contact list folder and then delete the old entry before it syncs with the Z10. I just hope they add the bricks to the foundation as quickly as possible. I love the Z10 it is an absolutely awesome phone and I really didn't think that they could improve on the Torch by as much as they have.
    02-13-13 04:22 PM
    Just pasting my solution here, cos your thread helped me resolve it:
    Contacts successfully transferred to device (not cloud synced)
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...bb-z10-772728/
    02-16-13 08:51 AM
    I do not know how many have you read my post ,but I found when I went in and updated my 9800 torch and then connected to a pc with BB link .Everything worked fine .I did get a couple of duplicate contacts but that was real easy to clean up .I believe the most frustrating thing is "what works for one person does not for another ".I had over 300 contacts ,going manually was not going to be pretty .
    02-16-13 10:18 AM
40 12