As the title says, how sensitive is the touchscreen on the Z10? Would it be comparable to that of the S3 and iphone5, or similar to the screen of the PlayBook. While the PlayBook's touchscreen is sensitive, I just feel other devices have a much more sensitive screen making the device "easier" to use.

Also, I've heard the Z10 uses a "Touch-on" touch panel technology or something like that, but I have not found any information about it. Anyone can shed some light about this?
    02-02-13 06:42 AM
    The screen is very good, the only time I feel that it is not sensitive/laggy is unlocking the device with a screen swipe while it is asleep rather than using the only button. This is always going to happen though as the phone will be in a sleep kinda mode to save battery. If I could I would remove that feature and have the bottom take me straight to input password and swipe up to lock screen details. 2 finger gestures and pinch to zoom work perfectly.
    02-02-13 07:16 AM
    I was just about to start a thread about this but found this one. I don't know much about touchscreens but my question is how come no one can make a touchscreen as well as Apple.

I hate to say it but Apple products sport the best touchscreens on the market. Being able to feel like when you swipe you're actually griping and pulling and not just slipping and sliding. Being able to scroll very very slowly and superfast b/c the screen responds so well to the speed of your thumb. I've never used a device that can match an Apple touchscreen.

That being said, can BB do anything to improve their touchscreens or is it all hardware driven?

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    04-25-13 03:17 AM
    Anyone have times where touching a button seems not to work ? I think I only notice this in the browser, mostly the Facebook touch site.
    07-11-13 04:38 PM
    The touch screen is quite good. What differentiates Apple is the software is more responsive. The hardware in the BlackBerry can definitely deliver the same experience if the software is up to the task.

Actually I've had it go hypersensitive in me and start scrolling on its own. Really really rare but it's happened to me. Only while selecting text. Maybe a software glitch.

Posted via CB10
    07-11-13 04:52 PM
    The touch screen is quite good. What differentiates Apple is the software is more responsive. The hardware in the BlackBerry can definitely deliver the same experience if the software is up to the task.

Actually I've had it go hypersensitive in me and start scrolling on its own. Really really rare but it's happened to me. Only while selecting text. Maybe a software glitch.

Posted via CB10
    It all comes down to the coding not the hardware. These days all the phones hardware are similar, but the OS coding is different. BlackBerry is lacking programmers to optimize it's os

Posted via CB10
    07-11-13 07:18 PM
    News to me Apple makes a good touch screen. I'm assuming this is on the ipad and not the iphone. Clearly the Z10 is better than the iPhone.

Posted via CB10
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    07-12-13 11:00 AM
    Well now that you brought up my very old thread and I now have the phone, I can add my input to my initial question

It's definitely not as sensitive as the S3, S4, iPhone, etc. It's more sensitive than the PlayBook, but I would have preferred if it was a bit more sensitive to touch.

Posted via CB10
    07-12-13 11:28 AM
    What the heck?
    I don't think more sensitivity is to add anything to the user experience.... The amount of sensitivity that Z10 has is more than enough....
    I'm coming from a resistive touch screen...and I am loving the z10 and I have used the iNone and other android phones...

Posted via the awesome z10 using CB10
    07-12-13 12:16 PM
    I even find the Z10 too sensitive at times...

Cannot complain about the PlayBook though. Typing is better on the Z10 however.

Posted via CB10
    07-12-13 12:32 PM
    I never find it not sensitive enough, but many times it's too sensitive when I scroll through cb10 pages and it skips pages on me, or when I try to scroll through my call log and the dumb thing wants to keep calling people every time I touch somewhere to drag the screen up. I wish there was a confirmation call screen so I stop calling everyone unexpectedly.

Posted via CB10
    07-12-13 05:28 PM
    Is there a way to adjust the touch sensitivity?
    08-02-13 11:52 AM
    I too found the Z10 touch screen feel and experience to be perfect. It is almost fluid the way I can type on the virtual keyboard.

The iphone5 keyboard feels "grainy" to me. Sorry. Just my experience.

I thought I read somewhere that BlackBerry's touchscreens were made by Samsung. Anybody here know?

Posted via CB10
    der_mit likes this.
    08-02-13 12:43 PM
    This is another one of those weird posts. I have owned every phone you name and the touch screen on all of them is great. This is like trying to compare the steering wheel on a Mercedes, Lexus, or BMW. Who cares as long as it is responsive and accurate. Pick the OS you like and go with it. My Z has performed wonderfully in every aspect.

Posted via CB10
    der_mit likes this.
    08-02-13 01:54 PM
    I have owned about 100 phones in my life and the absolute best screen I have ever used is the Nokia 822...it actually has a touch setting for gloves....any of the Iphones are not even close to the 822 touch. The Nokia 822 simply has the best touch screen hands down.

Currently I own the Z10 and am totally dissapointed in it. The touch isnt that sensative and prone to errors when you type if your used to touching soft...there is no vibrate in holster just to name a few.

I hope the 10.2 update coming to the U.S this winter will rectify these and many more
    11-05-13 07:16 AM
    I have owned about 100 phones in my life and the absolute best screen I have ever used is the Nokia 822...it actually has a touch setting for gloves....any of the Iphones are not even close to the 822 touch. The Nokia 822 simply has the best touch screen hands down.

Currently I own the Z10 and am totally dissapointed in it. The touch isnt that sensative and prone to errors when you type if your used to touching soft...there is no vibrate in holster just to name a few.

I hope the 10.2 update coming to the U.S this winter will rectify these and many more
    100 phones? Really? I personally have had no problems with the touch screen on my Q10. It even works when I have those thin gloves on that you get from the dollar store.

If you want, you can force load the update onto your phone using a programme called Sachesi. If I'm not mistaken, a tutorial is stickied to the top of one of the forums on CrackBerry, but a search should bring it up.

Q10 and Canadian all the way! Q10SQN100-3/10.2.0.1791
    11-05-13 07:48 AM
    Yes I have bought and sold them for years all carriers. And that information is 100% correct. Maybe from having a lumia 822 for awhile it spoiled me...but if you could get your hands one and compare to a Z10 you would see.

The Q10 has a physical keyboard so probably better there i loved my 9930. However the swipe...touching the apps was just fine in the Z10..It was the sensativity of the touch...auto correct much better/smarter on the 822 even though they say the Z10 has the intuitive where it learns you....822 does that also but much better.

However I like the Z10 mostly but because I email and text alot I needed to feel good about that
    12-16-13 08:35 AM

The Touchscreen on my Z10 is very very sensitive, to much so for me, I want to find out how to turn in down some
    09-26-14 11:11 AM

The Touchscreen on my Z10 is very very sensitive, to much so for me, I want to find out how to turn in down some
    There is NO Touchscreen setting. It is what it is.
    09-26-14 02:08 PM
    It's all down to software. At 10.0 the touch screen was really really sensitive. I could use it through a pair of gloves. Now, it's dulled a little. They've changed the touch sensing algorithm. Which isn't bad, it doesn't activate through my pants now.
    As far as hardware goes, it's very sensitive. Better than most Androids software and hardware. Reason, the screen and digitizer are fused together.
    09-26-14 04:43 PM