Pardon my ignorance but i need some clarification on Storage. I used a brand new scan disk mem card 16 GB to transfer from my old 9860 to my Z10. Under settings-About--Hardware it shows Total Storage 16GB Free Storage 11.3 GB this is on the device correct? Why is the Free so low? Total Memory is 2GB and Free Memory 884MB. It did not transfer over any pictures or videos or contacts or calenders. Is 11.3 GB correct from factory?

Second question, does my memory card still have all the back up on it from transferring? Do i need to delete or reformat it? I tried looking under file manager and the card looks empty how can i check the memory on it that its at 16?

Sorry if it sounds confusing but i want to make sure i'm not carrying all the transferring back up on the mem card or that the transfer did not dump in on the device mem.

Thanks
    02-07-13 09:22 AM
    Pardon my ignorance but i need some clarification on Storage. I used a brand new scan disk mem card 16 GB to transfer from my old 9860 to my Z10. Under settings-About--Hardware it shows Total Storage 16GB Free Storage 11.3 GB this is on the device correct? Why is the Free so low? Total Memory is 2GB and Free Memory 884MB. It did not transfer over any pictures or videos or contacts or calenders. Is 11.3 GB correct from factory?

Second question, does my memory card still have all the back up on it from transferring? Do i need to delete or reformat it? I tried looking under file manager and the card looks empty how can i check the memory on it that its at 16?

Sorry if it sounds confusing but i want to make sure i'm not carrying all the transferring back up on the mem card or that the transfer did not dump in on the device mem.

the operating system takes up space on youractual drive, ad well the hub takes up alot of memory as it has your messaging apps open all at once in order to merge them into one inbox. the Z10 normally runs at .9 GB of RAM which is memory on the about tab
    Thanks
    marco44 likes this.
    02-07-13 09:38 AM
    Thanks so its all normal. What about the mem card ? I used it to do a devise transfer. Should i reformat it? or does it delete those files after the transfer?

Thanks
    02-07-13 09:41 AM
    I think i understand how to look at both device and mem card storage but i have one last question. I was on a web site and i down loaded a .pdf for viewing. It automatically downloaded to my device. I can not find the setting to change all downloads to my mem card. Can anyone help?

Thanks
    02-08-13 06:54 AM
    You say that the blackberry Z10 has 11.3GB storage free...on the handset does it specify application memory space? Usually the internal storage is the device storage but there usually is a separate reading for application memory space....please can you tell me what this is on your phone?
    02-08-13 12:24 PM
    I have a 16gb memory card. Under settings-storage and access it says Device Storage Details 4.4GB of 16GB used. Below it says Media Card Details 1 GB of 14.8 GB used. Under About-hardware it says Total Storage 16GB Free Storage 11.3GB Total Memory 2GB Free Memory 1,017.5 MB. Not sure where else to look.
    02-08-13 12:53 PM
    Ok thanks...looks like RIM have changed things a bit on the BB10 because on former BB you were given specifics as to the application memory...this fluctuates as you use the phone, load apps and reboot and is separate from device memory or memory card.
    Last edited by Chems; 02-09-13 at 07:19 PM. Reason: mistake put form instead of phone
    02-09-13 07:18 PM