My beloved Torch 9850 no longer gets a strong signal and so its out of use. I went back to my Bold 9650. Before that I had a Storm 2 and loved it.

Dealers here don't care about selling Blackberry so no one stocks.... at least both at the same VZ store.

Hard to compare side by side when that option does not exist. So the Q10 has the same touch screen only smaller than the Z? I have to learn the gestures and all on both, so why not get the Z10 I ask myself. The Q has that awesome keyboard and it looks like a BB.
    Is it really that hard to learn the Z? I mean if the Q has the same system and I loved the full screens in the past why not skip the Q and get a Z??

PS Now I find out that Android Apps can be side-loaded and that trackball app exists... now the 10 series looks even better!!
    07-13-13 08:04 AM
    Myself, I hated the virtual keyboard when I switched to android 2 yrs ago. So when the Q10 was announced, I couldn't wait.

Sideloading is very easy. So for me, the deciding factor was that the Q10 has the physical qwerty keyboard.
    07-13-13 08:23 AM
    It's a tough decision as they are both great phones. I have both, and I now only use my Q10. I just can't put it down lol...A lot of people here who were hardcore qwerty fans, went to the Z10, and love it and wouldn't want to go back to a keyboard. Good luck on your decision!
    07-13-13 08:27 AM
    Personally, I prefer the Z10, but I am used to candybar phones. I think the onscreen keyboard rocks and I like having to extra screen real-estate for when I don't need a keyboard. However, I use my phone as a consumption device as much or more than for productivity. Let your usage dictate what you get. Sadly, my gf doesn't like the Z10 and is going back to the iPhone I just wish she would have realized this before the 14 day time limit.
    07-13-13 08:29 AM
    For me, the only factor I had to consider was screen size. Well that's what I thought. I'd choose the Q10 over the Z10 any day. If you're not a big gamer, then go Q10.

Posted via CB10
    07-13-13 08:54 AM
    I'm constantly torn between the Z and the Q.
    Initially I had a Z. I liked it but couldn't type.
    Now I have a Q. I can type now but miss the big screen.
    I have to stay focused all day long to not give in and order another Z. I know I will have the same typing issues than before.

So I desperately hope for a slider to be released. Real keyboard plus larger, non square screen - that would be awesome.
    07-13-13 09:05 AM
    Not a gamer nor do I watch TV on my phone. Use it as a phone, to get my emails and using the browser. Its not a matter of Android vs I phone its just which BB.

My other concern is the slow update releases from Verizon. They act like, "yes... we will sell the BB but don't ask us to do anything else"!!
    07-13-13 09:08 AM
    I went for the Z, because at the time the Q was not out yet. I like the Z, although I still don't type half as fast as I used to with my Bold.

If I had to choose now, I'd go for the Q, but the Z is pretty cool still.
    07-13-13 09:30 AM
    I bought the Z although I wanted the Q - but I couldn't wait.

Now I have both and find myself using the Z more frequently. I wanted the Q because of the keyboard but I find myself typing much faster with the Z.

One big advantage is the battery of the Q. I bought the charging bundle for the Z, I won't for the Q because battery life for me is so good I simply don't need it.

Posted via CB10
    07-13-13 09:45 AM
    My beloved Torch 9850 no longer gets a strong signal and so its out of use. I went back to my Bold 9650. Before that I had a Storm 2 and loved it.

Dealers here don't care about selling Blackberry so no one stocks.... at least both at the same VZ store.

Hard to compare side by side when that option does not exist. So the Q10 has the same touch screen only smaller than the Z? I have to learn the gestures and all on both, so why not get the Z10 I ask myself. The Q has that awesome keyboard and it looks like a BB.
    Is it really that hard to learn the Z? I mean if the Q has the same system and I loved the full screens in the past why not skip the Q and get a Z??

PS Now I find out that Android Apps can be side-loaded and that trackball app exists... now the 10 series looks even better!!
    What is this trackball app you speak of?

Posted via CB10
    07-13-13 09:50 AM
    I thought I wanted the Q.. I bought the Z to hold me over lol, and I love it, the screen size is great and the keyboard is really good! I haven't even thought of trading it for a Q.. I'm waiting for the A 10 now

Posted from my Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.483
    07-13-13 09:58 AM
    The best thing to do is try and do a side by side and play with both. I never picked up the Q until I used my brother in laws. I honestly couldn't believe how dull the screen appeared on the Q compared to my Z. I even made sure the brightness was cranked up on both. I didn't think there would be such a vast difference. Even the quality in how crisp was huge. Just what I found when comparing side by side.

Posted via CB10
    07-13-13 10:02 AM
    Not a Trackball app but a Touchpad one. Its on here (CB) someplace a nice write up and link to BB App world. That is the one I am going to get first, when I decide on either the Q or Z.

Its Here> http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...countrycode=SG
    Last edited by wmgeorge; 07-13-13 at 10:44 AM.
    07-13-13 10:31 AM
    Came from a 9810, got the Z. In retrospect I should have gotten the Q because of bad battery life on the Z. Most of what I do is messaging and web surfing, so the extra screen size is not critical for me, and the touch keyboard works super well.

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    07-13-13 11:48 AM
    Lost in all the posts is the Q has an AMOLED screen while the Z has a LCD. I don't have an issue with screen type, though AMOLED will make images look contrasty. Probably better for text, not as good for imagery.

The Z10 keyboard is very good. I no longer miss the physical keyboard. You should try the Z if you can find a working demo.

Posted via CB10
    07-14-13 07:14 PM
    Wanted the Q, ended up with a Z. So far, I'm very happy with it!

Posted via CB10
    07-14-13 07:19 PM
    I have both and the Z10 is preferred. Screen size and keyboard made the difference. Not a gamer. When I use the Q10 I end up touching the keys and then remember I have to press the keys. Never expected that. And with 10.1 the calendar in landscape is a nice option.
    07-14-13 08:34 PM
    For me, the only factor I had to consider was screen size. Well that's what I thought. I'd choose the Q10 over the Z10 any day. If you're not a big gamer, then go Q10.

Posted via CB10
    How are movies on the Q10?
    07-14-13 08:36 PM
    The Z10's screen is a plus, and the virtual keyboard managed to switch me over from my old Bold 9900.
    07-14-13 09:07 PM
    If you could block ads on the Q, it might be tolerable. Websites these days plop down some ad and it follows you around. The ad eats a lot of screen real estate. I note the ad and make a mental note never to buy their stuff. Yeah, I'm looking at you Ford and Sony.
    07-15-13 03:20 AM
    It was a simple choice for me. I do understand why they came out with the Q10 but honestly.. The operating system was created to be used with a touchscreen so why not take advantage of an all touchscreen device.... It uses the OS at its maximum potential. The Q has run into problems regarding side loading Android apps due to the fact that no Android app is optimized for a screen of that size.... I.love my Z10! I tap glass faster than I can press any key.

Posted via CB10
    07-15-13 06:51 AM
    Just wait for the A-10

Posted via CB10
    07-15-13 08:34 AM