So here I was in some other thread complaining about how there are no updates on the promised apps or the ETA, and someone replied with "Return the phone if you don't like It". I gave it a thought, only to realize below 3 "distinguishing" factors why I won't give my Z10 up for any of the currently available options:

1. The swipe up to exit an app feature - freaking awesome. Makes switching between apps so smooth and quick.

2. The Hub - genius since it was a small unified inbox on BBOS.

3. Battery (I know... I know, but I am one of the lucky ones) - I have literally stopped carrying a charger with me. And I do not have a spare battery. I use this thing "like crazy" since I take it off charger at 6 or 7 in the morning, and 20 hours later at 2am it tells me "Battery below 20%".

So I can work around with lack of apps, but can't give the combination of these 3 features up for anything (other than the BlackBerry TK justice) .

Posted via CB10
    04-15-13 03:58 PM
    Agreed... I can't go back!!! I'm addicted and for none would like to say job well done BlackBerry!

Via Zed using CB10
    SDTRMG likes this.
    04-15-13 04:39 PM
    I agree 100%. The battery is awesome. Along with every other feature of BB10!

Posted via Crackberry Z10
    04-15-13 04:42 PM
    Well said. The BBZ10 is not perfect by any means, but it does what is important to me...and does it very well.

Love the flow, hub, and ease of access.

BBX-I Said it!
    04-15-13 04:59 PM
    I completely agree. This is exactly what I wanted in a phone. The galaxy is clunky and unattractive and has an abundance of useless features, while the iphone is sensitive and imposes too many limits.

The app situation will be fixed with time. In the mean time I have a quality phone that's sturdy, sleek and classic without all the filler.

Posted via CB10
    SDTRMG likes this.
    04-15-13 05:01 PM
    I noticed that no one mentioned the keyboard.
    A++
    in my books

I was one if the physical keyboard guys who was going to hold out.
    couldn't do it, and I don't regret it!

CB10 App, Z10
    04-15-13 05:11 PM
    I agree!! Love the swiping feature (for texts and multitasking) makes things a lot easier.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-13 06:07 PM
    It's hard for me to use other people's iphone now because I keep trying to swipe up to close an app or swipe to the right to go back.
    04-15-13 06:10 PM
    My top 3:
    1- it isn't an iphone
    2- it isn't an android
    3- it isn't a windows phone

Posted via CB10
    SDTRMG, DOCTOREVIL8 and shante1012 like this.
    04-15-13 06:28 PM
    Exactly.
    1. Swiping gesture
    2. Awesome keyboard
    3. True multi-tasking
    4. Ease of use
    5. Great Hub
    6. Battery life
    7. Security

I can live with the apps available in the bb world.

I love my Z10
    SDTRMG and bsmithphoto13 like this.
    04-15-13 06:49 PM
    I just love the hub. Available anywhere, anytime.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-13 07:02 PM
    Lol but I actually love the fact I can use the checkmark feature to delete multiple notifications at once!

Posted via CB10
    04-15-13 07:09 PM
    Only three?

Ok. First of all BlackBerry users are unexpectedly blessed by what's going on. The razor sharp and insanely fast business oriented OS we have known for years got a crazy a$$ boost. The best minds at BlackBerry really got into this all the way to make it way better than anything out there.

Second. The touch keyboard is just the BEST. And don't make me slap you into sense. Period.

Third. Swiping gesture are genius!!! Easily demonstrated by then trying to use anything else, even my toilet. I've tried to swipe up to flush.

And no I'm no Crackberry. Plenty of iphones and androids in my past. All good in there own way.

Posted via CB10
    djmm2 and SDTRMG like this.
    04-15-13 07:20 PM
    - Integrated and unified message center (the hub)
    - Integrated and unified contact database
    - So easy and fluid gesture. No more need for home button Click, double Click, Long Click.
    - browser and device overall speed.

Believe it or not, at one time, I was even confused on how to use my computer by trying to replicate the gesture with my mouse ?!?
    During my normal working day I'm now using my Z10 as the primary communication device, responding to emails using the Z10 instead of using Outlook on my computer, even if open on my screen.

Posted via CB10
    Ankit RS likes this.
    04-15-13 07:39 PM
    I agree 100% OP, and its crazy that using iOS and android it seems I forgot my phone was a phone first, used for communication and business and a entertainment/gaming device second. Just using the z10 the last couple months i've realized what I've been missing in a smartphone, it delivers such a different(new) yet familiar experience(bbos).

The only thing I'd give my z10 up for is a 2014 bb10 device.

04-15-13 08:17 PM
    Hey Ankit

I am having battery issues
    But I have a ton of apps installed.

Can you let me know which apps you have installed

Perhaps it is my apps that are draining my battery, but i think i have them all set to no update and I don't keep active tiles

Thank you

Ps. I love this phone, just need more juice