I took the new 10.1 update and now my battery lasts only 4 hours on standby anyone else have this problem?

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by gqtrebor; 05-20-13 at 11:24 AM.
    05-16-13 09:42 AM
    Give it a couple of days.
    05-16-13 09:44 AM
    ? What would it matter?
    05-16-13 09:45 AM
    Let it completely die then recharge it. The battery has to settle in, as well as the phone, for resyncing everything and repopulating your emails etc.

My battery lasted 5 hours when I did the update yesterday and now it's been going 12

Posted via CB10
    05-16-13 09:51 AM
    ? What would it matter?
    Typically with any OS update there will be a noticeable difference with battery life immediately following the update. After several days, the battery stabilizes and will level off.

Posted via CB10
    05-16-13 09:52 AM
    What he said but don't let it completely die.
    Remember these are Li-Ion ,not NiCad
    05-16-13 09:53 AM
    What he said but don't let it completely die.
    Remember these are Li-Ion ,not NiCad
    Can you explain the difference please?

Posted via CB10
    05-16-13 09:57 AM
    Can you explain the difference please?

Posted via CB10
    The older NiCad batteries would not last as long if over charged. They would basically develop a memory meaning that if you placed it on a charge to top it off it would reduce overall battery life.

The new Li Ion batteries do not had the same problem. If your battery level is 80%, you can charge it back to 100% and continue to do this without affecting the battery life. Two different technologies.
    With the NiCad batteries it was better to discharge them as much as possible before charging. With the Li Ion batteries it's better to keep them charged and only discharge them periodically.
    Posted via CB10
    05-16-13 10:09 AM
    The older NiCad batteries would not last as long if over charged. They would basically develop a memory meaning that if you placed it on a charge to top it off it would reduce overall battery life.

The new Li Ion batteries do not had the same problem. If your battery level is 80%, you can charge it back to 100% and continue to do this without affecting the battery life. Two different technologies.
    With the NiCad batteries it was better to discharge them as much as possible before charging. With the Li Ion batteries it's better to keep them charged and only discharge them periodically.
    Posted via CB10
    Oh i see thank you very much!

Posted via CB10
    05-16-13 10:15 AM
    This has nothing to do with the battery. If the OP has had his phone for a while it should already be 'broken in'.

The issue is with the OS update. From what I understand it needs to re sync all your accounts and stuff so that puts a drain on the battery. Once that's complete it should go back to normal.

Posted via CB10
    05-16-13 10:16 AM
    I took the new 10.1 update and now my battery lasts only 4 hours on standby anyone else have this problem?

Posted via CB10
    Stop multi threading... it's pointless and makes a mess of the forums

Posted via Sega Genesis
    05-16-13 10:28 AM
    This has nothing to do with the battery. If the OP has had his phone for a while it should already be 'broken in'.

The issue is with the OS update. From what I understand it needs to re sync all your accounts and stuff so that puts a drain on the battery. Once that's complete it should go back to normal.

Posted via CB10
    Exactly
    05-16-13 10:31 AM