This. I spent an hour just to delete Facebook and Twitter contact list.

Posted via CB10
    08-04-13 09:32 AM
    Ditto.. I have the same gripe

Posted via CB10
    08-04-13 08:49 PM
    Lol everyone keeps saying to not show FB contacts in the contacts app but that's not what their talking about, it happens with mine too in the texting app I begin typing a name and all my facebook contacts come up as well EVEN though they aren't in my contacts app because I took them out as stated. Doesn't bother me too much just a little annoying.

BlackBerry Q10 / HTC One
    08-04-13 08:57 PM
    I checked off all Facebook permissions to off and it bypassed all the settings and granted itself access to everything. It also synced my contacts to my phone. I ended up having to format my phone to get rid of them. Needless to say Facebook was the first app I deleted when done formatting my phone.

Posted via CB10
    08-04-13 09:17 PM
    The contacts show up in the Text messages app when you press compose. They DO NOT show up in contacts. I unlinked all contacts in my contacts. Your suggestions do not solve the problem.
    Same happened here. You have to format and hopefully you have your contacts saved through an older backup without all the Facebook ones included.

Posted via CB10
    08-04-13 09:18 PM
    Why isn't a moderator or somebody from crackberry addressing this issue, it is very very annoying, i've done everything suggested minus deleting the facebook app and my facebook contacts still appear when i compose a text message..........Crackberry Moderators...Help Please!!!
    08-08-13 10:36 AM
    The contacts show up in the Text messages app when you press compose. They DO NOT show up in contacts. I unlinked all contacts in my contacts. Your suggestions do not solve the problem.
    Unfortunately you can't get rid of them. I've tried):

Posted via my white Z10. LG banter- blackberry bold 9900- Z10
    08-08-13 10:43 AM
    Why isn't a moderator or somebody from crackberry addressing this issue, it is very very annoying, i've done everything suggested minus deleting the facebook app and my facebook contacts still appear when i compose a text message..........Crackberry Moderators...Help Please!!!
    Deleting Facebook app won't work. You have to format phone. That's what I had to do anyway...
    08-08-13 10:50 AM
    For Yahoo, turn off contact syncing for that.
    08-08-13 10:53 AM
    Best solution I have found is to delete Facebook, which for me removed all the suggested recipients from any composed message, and then create a browser shortcut for Facebook. Stays logged in and formats 95% accurately. No notifications or chat but I simply use it to log in a see what's up from time to time so it's fine for me.

There's obviously an issue with the way it seeks recipients and I don't think there's a fix that we can just do ourselves. Hopefully in the next version.

TOO many contacts imported on z10 - facebook and yahoomail-img_00001537.png

Posted via CB10
    08-08-13 10:21 PM
    [QUOTE=andorejunior;8977524Hopefully in the next version.

Posted via CB10[/QUOTE]

I've been saying that line since January

Posted via CB10
    andorejunior likes this.
    08-09-13 06:28 AM
    Come on folks, as previously said it's VERY easy to show the group of contacts you want!

From the contacts app, swipe down and tap settings, from there, you can select what accounts show in your contacts
    Yes but once you have done that, when you start typing a name into the contact field to send a text or email etc, you still get fb and twitter and linkdin contact suggestions, they are still merged, just dont appear in your main contact list. Also pictures of contacts are synced from social media as well. How do you keep them completely separate?
    09-25-13 03:29 PM
    I've been a blackberry loyalist for years, but this might be a dealbreaker. I cannot have hundreds of Facebook and LinkedIn contacts showing up when I type a name into the address bar when I'm sending a work email. It's simply a security risk because I might send the email to the wrong person. (I suppose that's always a risk, but at least when my addressbook is cultivated with processionals and people I know, I will be able to contain the damage if I do send it to the wrong person, as opposed to my random and massive fb and linkedin networks).
    12-26-13 12:48 AM
    Is this issue fixed in the 10.2.1.x leak release?
    12-29-13 09:22 AM
39 12