Hey everyone...

I have a quick question for the community here.

I am currently running the 10.1.0.2354 leak now.

Is it worth it to try and downgrade to 10.0 and then install the official version from T-Mo?

Is there any real difference between the version I am running and the official T-Mo one?

Thanks...
    I upgraded the RADIO ONLY to the one included with this release and am otherwise on 2354. I see no reason to downgrade back to 2006 as the combination I have now is entirely stable.

Not one unsolicited reboot -- and I was able to provoke them before, particularly when using both Bluetooth and the VPN.
    06-12-13 07:49 PM
    The Boot Time field (Settings>About> Category>Hardware) now shows "No information available". Are you all seeing that too?
    if you got the update OTA, there is no boot time info, just like i did when the OTA update came out. However, today, i reloaded the OS using the USB cable outlined in this thread http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ioning-814552/ and the boot time information now appears.

Also, the OTA update left whatever problems i had with the original OS i had. However, the sideloaded apps, it also left untouched so that they remained working even after the OTA update.

But now that i reloaded the OS, those apps are now gone. So i need to re-sideload them once again.
    06-12-13 07:58 PM
    How do I upgrade the radio only? What's the process?

Posted via CB10 from my BlackBerry Z10
    06-13-13 07:34 AM
    if you got the update OTA, there is no boot time info, just like i did when the OTA update came out. However, today, i reloaded the OS using the USB cable outlined in this thread http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ioning-814552/ and the boot time information now appears.

Also, the OTA update left whatever problems i had with the original OS i had. However, the sideloaded apps, it also left untouched so that they remained working even after the OTA update.

But now that i reloaded the OS, those apps are now gone. So i need to re-sideload them once again.
    this is not working for me, i use the blackberry website through internet explorer and at about 16% it gives me an error to check my internet connection... i don't want to do it over the air since i read it takes a very long time...and using link doesn't even have a link to update and the reload software button does nothing.
    06-13-13 04:15 PM
    this is not working for me, i use the blackberry website through internet explorer and at about 16% it gives me an error to check my internet connection... i don't want to do it over the air since i read it takes a very long time...and using link doesn't even have a link to update and the reload software button does nothing.
    you can try again. I did it 3x with no glitches. I did it 3x because when i tried to restore the data using a back up from a specific date, it gave me the errors i was trying to correct, i.e, browser errors, etc. And the second time, i used restored data from earlier back up which did not contain the data i want...so i did it again for the third time, but this time, i did not restore data anymore. So the phone and OS seem brand new, set to factory settings.

Doing OTA just updates the OS without restoring the phone to factory settings. So if there are problems with the previous OS, they will not be fixed.
    06-13-13 04:41 PM
    I've been running .1880 for the past three weeks or so, and aside from the occasional random reboot, it has been very smooth. Has anyone upgraded from. 1880 and seen noticeable differences? Seeing comments about text messaging issues makes me think the official isn't worth it now.

Posted via CB10
    06-13-13 07:13 PM
    Crap, now I'm getting reboots... never had one before, never had a leaked os.

It's happening when I'm listening to a audio podcast at http://kunstlercast.com

Seems like the phone was just getting hot. After a reboot, I would immediately go to the browser, load the page hit play and within a minute it would reboot. I repeated this three more times. Battery guru was reporting 106F throughout all of this. I've had it next to a fan while typing this and it went down to 95F.

Now with it away from the fan and while typing this, it has not budged from 95 in over two minutes with the screen on. I updated to 10.1.0.2006 two nights ago
    All evening yesterday and overnight while not plugged in, the battery draw was great, an almost flat line near 0 the entire time.

Uh oh, heat is starting to creep up again, just at 97 though... I dunno.. it would be nice to know what is going on in the background. there is no way to debug this without BlackBerry reaching out and grabbing error logs.

I wonder also if they have played with things like memory timings or power, and maybe it's doing its own tuning in the background, then adjusts according to reboots or something
    That would be crappy if they were doing that though.. I'm going to play the podcast again...
    Last edited by keyboard_cat; 06-13-13 at 09:12 PM.
    06-13-13 08:25 PM
    Ok it's not the temperature. It was at 97 this time when it rebooted. It?s like clockwork with that http://kunstlercast.com audio widget.

Someone else try to play it (while plugged in, I haven't tried unplugged yet, was drawing about 2.4 amps) and see if it will play more than a minute or two.
    Last edited by keyboard_cat; 06-13-13 at 09:14 PM.
    06-13-13 08:41 PM
    Mine seems a little sluggish after the update as well, but it's mainly on things that were already sluggish, like going to notifications and waiting for the phone to start.

A buddy of mine claims to have more dropped calls now, but he lives in downtown LA.

Posted from my T-Mobile Z10, no longer on the Sprint Meh network.
    06-13-13 09:18 PM
    Ok it's not the temperature. It was at 97 this time when it rebooted. It?s like clockwork with that http://kunstlercast.com audio widget.

Someone else try to play it (while plugged in, I haven't tried unplugged yet, was drawing about 2.4 amps) and see if it will play more than a minute or two.
    See my reply in the other thread. This doesn't sound like the "random reboot" issue, it sounds like a different issue altogether.

Still, call Tmo, ask to be transferred to their BlackBerry support team and have them report the bug.

~STV
    06-13-13 10:20 PM
    Maybe I missed it but where do you find those two more "features" you described to the engineering screen? Is it in Settings?
    You need to get into the "engineering screen" mode. There are two threads on it.

I noticed an app showed up in the Blackberry world to generate the magic code to enter the engineering screen. This used to be only available on the old OS via a side-load. I'm amazed Blackberry approved the app. Look for "ES X", which I presume stands for Engineering Screen for BB 10 if you are a Roman. The instruction on the forum will lead you to a dropbox web app to generate the secret code, but having the app is better since it requires you to just enter the uptime. Your OS number and pin are already known by the app.

How to access the engineering (Help Me!) screen on BlackBerry 10 | CrackBerry.com
    shows one method. You can also get to the engineering screen "help me' page by entering escreen::/ into the browser. Once you get the uptime, you use the app to get the secret code. You enter the secret code into the help screen, then it turns into the engineering screen.
    06-14-13 12:07 AM
    you can try again. I did it 3x with no glitches. I did it 3x because when i tried to restore the data using a back up from a specific date, it gave me the errors i was trying to correct, i.e, browser errors, etc. And the second time, i used restored data from earlier back up which did not contain the data i want...so i did it again for the third time, but this time, i did not restore data anymore. So the phone and OS seem brand new, set to factory settings.

Doing OTA just updates the OS without restoring the phone to factory settings. So if there are problems with the previous OS, they will not be fixed.
    Can you elaborate a little more as i really don't understand what you are talking about. I can only guess you are talking about using link. And I've tried link many times, i even have the box checked that says "check for device updates" it does nothing. I was talking about updating through internet explorer which starts but then gives errors...i can easily do it over the air if i had 2 hrs to kill but i read somewhere in this thread that doing it through the pc took them about 30 min or so so i would like to do it that way....

plus i have no need to restore the phone to factory settings as it took me quite a bit to get where i'm comfortable using it...loading 10.1 and having it revert back to factory settings would be a bigger pain than waiting 2 hrs for an update.
    06-14-13 12:43 AM
    Anyone else seeing this when you plug in your charger?

TMobile 10.1 is here-img_00000172.png

All I can think is: "I already am so WTH"

Posted via CB10
    06-14-13 02:11 AM
    Downloading 10.1 didn't take anywhere near two hours. I did it over wifi and I don't remember it even taking an hour. If it did take an hour, it was at very most an hour. Don't believe that it'll take two hours.

06-14-13 02:28 AM
    I had thoroughly enjoyed this update so far. Battery life has improved too. I was on red the entire night till 10am and my phone still didn't die on me.

Posted via CB10
    amp323 likes this.
    06-14-13 03:21 AM
    Downloading 10.1 didn't take anywhere near two hours. I did it over wifi and I don't remember it even taking an hour. If it did take an hour, it was at very most an hour. Don't believe that it'll take two hours.

if you look through this thread you will see that for some folks it took about 2 hrs or so... i did it through wifi as i got aggravated having to deal with the pc connection. In the end it took me about an hour and 45min. i guess it depends on your wifi speed...you must have a very fast connection.
    06-15-13 03:28 AM
    if you look through this thread you will see that for some folks it took about 2 hrs or so... i did it through wifi as i got aggravated having to deal with the pc connection. In the end it took me about an hour and 45min. i guess it depends on your wifi speed...you must have a very fast connection.
    I guess I was lucky then. My wifi stays around 12 megs.

06-15-13 03:54 AM
    Mine dl a 542 mB (or something) and then 2gB. The install took a long time too.. at least three hours total
    06-15-13 04:20 AM
    My install was around 350, I think

06-15-13 02:42 PM
    I just noticed that 10.1 improved one of my problems. I would send texts and the person I sent the text to would reply with two contact photos showing. As soon as I got the update, I noticed that text conversations now label the number your talking to as "mobile," and I haven't gotten anymore messages with duplicate contacts. My Guess is that labeling the number somehow makes it clear to the OS that the contact only needs to appear once, but whatever, IT WORKS NOW!

06-15-13 02:54 PM
    If I get no reboots by Monday 7AM, I call .2006 my fix.

Anyone still getting seemingly random reboots on that build likely is experiencing one of the other causes that maybe more rare and it sounds like later builds will definitely fix that.

~STV
    06-15-13 03:07 PM
    I haven't had a reboot since I installed this OS. But I didn't have many before either.

Posted via CB10
    06-15-13 03:14 PM
    I've had no reboots on this release, seems really fast and smooth... sitting at 75% battery after 8 hours...

Posted via CB10
    06-15-13 05:25 PM
    I've never had a reboot issue. Any reboot I've ever had has been because an app has crashed.

06-15-13 05:42 PM
249 ... 8910