I love BlackBerry. We all do. Things are going pretty well and there is a lot of excitement surrounding the soon to be released Passport and the Classic.
    I am a QWERTY fan.
    However, I think the QWERTY user base for BlackBerry cannot help the company make huge profits.

What BlackBerry needs to boost it's hardware sales is a killer "People Pleaser" All-touch phone. It's the need of the hour. I think an Upgraded version of the All-touch Z10-U or Z30-M (mini) can do the trick here. (Yeah I am copying some ideas from other vendors but then who doesn't.)
    The good sales of the Z3 in the ASIAN continent signifies that there is a market for a decent phone with decent price tag. And BlackBerry can sell it.
    Maybe the 4G-LTE version of the Z3 can pack the specifications I am going to mention below.

Let's start with the upgrades we would love to see in the Z10-U or the Z30-M

1.) Screen Size (4.5" - 4.7") FULL HD. (This should be the most optimum screen size for the upgraded version.)

2.) Battery 2700mAh+ (Removable PLEASE!!!!!!)

3.) Processor 1.7Ghz snapdragon 800. (Quad Core.)

4.) Some color variants (RED, BLUE) including black and white too.

5.) Camera 8MP is good enough. However, sensor improvisation (BSI-CMOS) is most welcome.

Rest we can do with the 2GB RAM.

These are the most ideal specifications which most of the people will dig for. (Totally my opinion)
    The Z10 was and is a good phone. However, it's wrong pricing cost the company big bucks. But since the price drop it sold the Z10's like hot cakes.
    So pricing is important here too for the upgraded version.

I think the price range of $350-$400 should be achievable for these specifications.

Now some arguments which I would like to put forth in support of the specs, price and the need of such a device.
    1.) I think such a price-tag is definitely achievable if BlackBerry manufactures this phone in collaboration with the FOXCONN.

2.) The different color variants will attract the young smartphone customers too.

3.) I think it's time BlackBerry should learn some lessons about Marketing. They should not name it something totally different.
    As people are still unaware of the BB10 OS phones in many parts of the world.
    Whatever reputation the Z10's have earned, BlackBerry should cash on it, as we know a heavy Marketing Campaign is not BlackBerry's cup of tea. So the name Z10-U/Z30-M. (just like the iPhone, galaxy series)

4.) I think BlackBerry should take the Google Nexus 4 series as a benchmark which has released two phones(with decent) and they are selling great pretty much at their release prices, unlike the Z10 whose price was slashed by more than 50%. If there is demand we don't need to slash prices.

Once BlackBerry launches a successful device with a strong customer base, then only it will be able to efficiently monetize the services like BBM etc.
    Hope you guys will put your views forth and help to make the company we love the "BEST IN THE WORLD".

PS: Would love to see native BlackBerry App store populated with the famous apps after company is stabilized. Don't like the Android Apps for BlackBerry. PEACE.
    08-26-14 03:24 PM
    Yes it's time for it...

But the Z10's "replacement" is the Z3-LTE. At least until after the first of next year.....
    08-26-14 03:42 PM
    I'd be more than happy with a slightly higher spec'd z10, in my opinion it's slightly better looking than the Z30 and I think names like Z30 'mini' can be offputting for some as mini usually implies it is a cheaper smaller version and worse than the original
    4.5" - 4.7" is also the perfect size for me so a Z10 ultra would be ideal for when my contract runs out in February, a few tiny aesthetic changes and waterproofing would also not go amiss!
    08-26-14 03:46 PM
    One size does not fit all.... really think you need three form factors. But we have to face that BlackBerry isn't in a position to do this.
    08-27-14 10:30 AM
    They would be in a position to do this if they designed handsets in a modular fashion.
    08-27-14 11:08 AM
    Agree. Internal storage should be 32GB with a support of 128GB Micro SD card. 4.7" is very ideal size with full hd.

Posted via CB10
    08-27-14 01:35 PM
    I'd like to see a Z10-P - Performance model, with a better battery life, slightly better processor and improved antenna/speakers.

Posted via CB10... on my Z30 10.2.1
    08-27-14 02:07 PM
    I second your opinion and it would really please me if blackberry can do that
    The screen size you mentioned is the perfect one with PPI not less than Z10 and I would rather prefer the name to be Z20 instead if U or mini. I really don't mind a battery being removable or non-removable as long as it packed with powerful juice.

Simply put, I want a device that will have all Z30 specs but more PPI and form factor of Z10 but a pump in a screen between 4.5" and 4.7" and price not exceeding $399. Making it $700 at launch and slashing it to $299 afterwards wouldn't be a good strategies to the marketing.
    08-31-14 10:38 PM
    I think we need to load it with all the top of the line hardware and not worry about cost as much. If BlackBerry makes a super flagship phone, then the people who don't pay that much will still be tempted to buy BlackBerry to get a similar experience. The people who want top of the line specs will have an option, too.

I have more friends because I do drugs!!
    09-01-14 04:37 AM
    Any suggestions to promote my thread?
    09-21-14 05:11 AM