One thing I've noticed is that each individual message sent doesn't have it's own specific time.

On my Torch, every message, sent or received, would have it's own time stamp. Now, if I send a message after sending one earlier or if I receive a message after receiving one earlier, only one time shows up. I've always found it important to know when each message was sent or received. Is there any way to turn that function on?

EXAMPLE:

This is how it looked on my torch

John: (2:34)
    Hello

Me: (2:35)
    Hi

Me: (2:39)
    Well, what's up?

This is how it appears on my Z10

Hello

Hi
    Well, what's up?
    DGr80 likes this.
    04-26-13 11:40 AM
    One thing I've noticed is that each individual message sent doesn't have it's own specific time.

On my Torch, every message, sent or received, would have it's own time stamp. Now, if I send a message after sending one earlier or if I receive a message after receiving one earlier, only one time shows up. I've always found it important to know when each message was sent or received. Is there any way to turn that function on?

EXAMPLE:

This is how it looked on my torch

Hello

Me: (2:35)
    Hi

Well, what's up?

This is how it appears on my Z10

Hello

Hi
    Well, what's up?
    that's been bugging the SNOT out of me as well. ARRRRRRRRRGH!!!!!!!!! also, when you change time zones, the phone shows the current time zone, but the messages shows the time zone you changed from. this can be fixed with a restart, but then the problem is the messages show the current time zone, but when you get back to your home time zone, the messages stay in the time zone you just left. again...remedied with a restart, but annoying nonetheless. I travel a LOT for work
    Regan4000 likes this.
    04-26-13 12:01 PM
    I hope there is a way to tweak the feature. It was very valuable to me. The Z10 does it like the iPhone does time stamping, which I've never liked when using my girlfriend's phone.
    04-26-13 01:26 PM
    Yeah I hope there ends up being an option to fix this. The entire purpose of having a time stamp is, well, to have an accurate record of when messages were sent and received.

It's terrible to mention this, but a friend of mine is coping with the loss of a loved one and part of the investigation included when text messages were sent and received; how can accurate records be made and used when time stamps don't actually stamp the time with any sort of precision?

This needs to be fixed. It's a pointless feature if it doesn't serve its only purpose.
    05-28-13 01:17 PM
    Tap and hold on a message, and slide out the overflow. It shows individual timestamp.
    05-28-13 01:21 PM
    Tap and hold on a message, and slide out the overflow. It shows individual timestamp.
    That only seems to work with sent text messages, not received ones.
    05-28-13 01:49 PM
    That only seems to work with sent text messages, not received ones.
    I'm certainly not my carrier.
    Time Stamps Texting - Z10-img_00000588.png
    05-28-13 02:17 PM
    I'm certainly not my carrier.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000588.png 
Views:	298 
Size:	70.7 KB 
ID:	166220
    Ah, got it thanks. I did not slide out the overflow completely, just the initial. That is why I did not see it at first. Thanks for posting the photo. Like they say, a picture is worth a thousand words! haha
    05-28-13 02:28 PM
    No probs, Bro. Hope it helps some of you guys.
    05-28-13 02:47 PM
    Thanks, yeah, but still silly not to have it displayed automatically. Thanks for the tip.
    05-31-13 04:34 PM
    What version is this, mine doesn't do this...
    02-14-14 06:11 AM
    Nor does mine......

Posted via CB10
    02-14-14 07:10 AM