Just realized this last night as I was trying to show off the feature to a few #iSheep and some BlackBerry faithful in a typical dimly lit bar. Not only does the camera's flash not get used but the flash settings are also greyed out when in Time Shift mode.

Any ideas as to why? I'm thinking it has to do with the multiple frames being shot in succession would require the flash to go off for each one.

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-16-13 11:25 AM
    It's annoying but understandable. Having the flash firing so much will not only blind you, but will also kill the battery.

02-16-13 11:28 AM
    I think you are correct about multiple frames .. its like a short movie .. you would need a continuous light source to make it work.
    02-16-13 11:29 AM
    They should have a constant light on for time shift mode like a flash light. May drain the battery to much.
    02-16-13 11:30 AM
    The time the light would need would make people have their eyes closed most if the time lol.

02-16-13 11:35 AM
    There is a Time Shift Feature Blog posted today and it states already there is No flash. That was probably announced before the launch and so this was already known.....Wasn't It?
    02-16-13 12:04 PM
    If it was already known or if I had seen the post then I wouldn't have started this thread.

02-16-13 12:07 PM
    If time shift is almost like hi speed burst mode on a DSLR then this would be normal. On most DSLRs, the onboard flash will not fire repeatedly in burst mode. It takes an external flash to accomplish this. As others have said, if that bright light stayed on your photographic victims would be temporarily blinded.

Side note, perhaps we can consider the timeshift feature as being our very own hi speed sports mode! Just imagine taking pics of your kid at soccer or football in quick succession and getting to choose the best frame!
    02-16-13 12:10 PM
    I agree the flash is so bright you would only be getting squinting people. Try taking a video of someone in the dark or very dime light with the camera light on. It is blinding.
    02-16-13 12:13 PM
    Download a flashlight app and turn it on. It stays on when minimized

02-16-13 12:17 PM
    I already have to take the flash off to take pictures of my 8month old as it makes him close his eyes lol

02-16-13 12:28 PM
    Download a flashlight app and turn it on. It stays on when minimized

Does the camera come on though? Usually shows an error saying that the camera is already in use.

With regards to the OP its been covered quite a lot now in various threads but I think the general consensus is that it makes sense why it does it.

The burst feature (also no flash) is brilliant for those sports shots etc.

02-16-13 12:30 PM