Hey .

My old 8700 BB chargers won't fit the Z10 plug . The one from the Box is tight
    as it needs a neanderthal push to get the charge indication . I wait for the delay
    in the display .
    I would like to find a loose micro usb / simple charger cable that fits . If anyone
    has found a model they like post the manufacture / model number / ebay site .

Thank you a " brazzillion "
    12-23-13 08:01 AM
    Hey .

My old 8700 BB chargers won't fit the Z10 plug . The one from the Box is tight
    as it needs a neanderthal push to get the charge indication . I wait for the delay
    in the display .
    I would like to find a loose micro usb / simple charger cable that fits . If anyone
    has found a model they like post the manufacture / model number / ebay site .

Thank you a " brazzillion "
    Hi Hans K, yes original micro usb lead is very tight, i have a drawer full of chargers, tried them and the Samsung phone one is very easy to insert and remove, i use them on all my phones various makes, as some Nokia owners know that tight usb leads can damage the phone beyond repair, i've been there, should find one cheap on Amazon.
    12-23-13 08:42 AM
    Thanks Winston , no model or part number on that thing . Just any cheapy Samsung charger should do it you figure .
    12-23-13 09:26 AM
    I, too, have found some micro-usb plugs are either tighter or maybe more roughly tooled so they don't smoothly slide into the port. I use the adapter from my Playbook and it fits very nicely. The Playbook charger also charges faster and it is sold by BB as a rapid or premium charger for their phones. You can get it at a discount from Crackberry right now, I think.
    12-23-13 09:41 AM
    I, too, have found some micro-usb plugs are either tighter or maybe more roughly tooled so they don't smoothly slide into the port. I use the adapter from my Playbook and it fits very nicely. The Playbook charger also charges faster and it is sold by BB as a rapid or premium charger for their phones. You can get it at a discount from Crackberry right now, I think.
    Playbook charger is definitely the way to go, much better charging and it sorta "clicks" when inserted all the way so you know it's in, but still not difficult at all to plug in.

Posted via CB10
    12-23-13 10:34 AM
    Sorry for bumping up this old thread...
    But I just need some slarification on how bad (if any) consequences is this tight usb port having in long term.
    I bought my Z10 three days ago, and the first thing I noticed is this ultra-tight usb port, and extreme amount of force needed to detach the cable from the phone. In one moment I thought I will tear out complete usb port from the phone while pulling the cable out.
    So, is there anyone with experience of usb port getting damaged over time? Should I seek for some alternative branded cables online, before it's too late?
    I don't know if this is the same with all Z10s out there, but on mine the port is absolute pain in the a.. for plugging and unplugging the cable.
    07-14-14 03:02 PM
    If the "old thread fits" there's no reason for a new one. But if the usb does not fit, there might be a reason for a new one. I would think that if you are using the supplied charger and/or usb cable from BB the fit should be smooth and not really require force in or out. Obviously, inserting or removing an some angle could make it seem harder. You could try another cable or two.

But if the port is hard to deal with, yes, ultimately you might strain it and break or bend something. Since the device is new, check with your carrier or where you purchased.
    07-14-14 04:11 PM
    Well, it's new unlocked phone, so no carrier. And yes, I'm using original BlackBerry branded cable I got with my phone. One would think that it should fit smoothly and perfectly, but this one feels a bit too perfect. There is absolutely no angle in which the plugging out is any easier. I don't know if it's gonna get better over time, but if it stays like this for another three or four weeks, I will definitely seek for another cable online, to test my luck.

Posted via CB10
    07-14-14 04:52 PM
    The port and charger cable become a better fit with time and there is no need for concern. Mine was pretty stiff when I bought my z10 in Feb 2014--but it is fine now. I think the reason that so many people had problems with the micro usb charge port on their Playbooks was because the "fit" was too loose, which in turn would cause too much stress on the port when people used the device while plugged in. This movement eventually causes the port to loosen. So in a way, the tight fit is probably a good thing.
    07-14-14 05:01 PM
    The port and charger cable become a better fit with time and there is no need for concern. Mine was pretty stiff when I bought my z10 in Feb 2014--but it is fine now. I think the reason that so many people had problems with the micro usb charge port on their Playbooks was because the "fit" was too loose, which in turn would cause too much stress on the port when people used the device while plugged in. This movement eventually causes the port to loosen. So in a way, the tight fit is probably a good thing.
    The Playbook "usb" port was also designed for another adapter-plug combo which permitted a micro-usb cable to be inadvertently installed upsidedown. That would bend or mangle the connector board inside the port. Ironic in that BB never did implement the usb-on-the-go that that port was to accommodate.
    07-14-14 05:49 PM
    The port and charger cable become a better fit with time and there is no need for concern. Mine was pretty stiff when I bought my z10 in Feb 2014--but it is fine now. So in a way, the tight fit is probably a good thing.
    Thanks for some good feedback.
    While I do think that tight port is better than loose one, this one seemed absolutely unnaturally tight. I'm putting some hope then, that it will get more comfortable to plug/unplug cable over time, before I tear out complete port out of phone.

Posted via CB10
    07-14-14 06:40 PM