Hi Guys,

I just moved to a new apartment and I decided to turn on my Z10 hotspot feature so I can use my laptop. I am with "Three" and my plan is unlimited. Everything is working fine now and I am posting this from my laptop but the questions is would they find out that I am sharing my data and how ?? Please guide me if theres any other way of using Mobile hotspot for free

Thank You
    06-02-13 01:18 PM
    I decided to turn on my Z10 hotspot feature so I can use my laptop. I am with "Three" and my plan is unlimited. Everything is working fine now and I am posting this from my laptop but the questions is would they find out that I am sharing my data and how ?? Please guide me if theres any other way of using Mobile hotspot for free
    Thank You
    Welcome to CB

My understanding on hotspot usage is that once you have activated the feature on your phone any number of users ( there is a cap in users but I think this is not regulated by the carrier, rather it's regulated by what the hotspot can support) tap into the hotspot. So for example if I set up the feature for three of my friends as long as I supply them the pass code they're good to go. You could call your carrier to confirm this.
    06-02-13 03:07 PM
    For me on three UK, I can browse for a moment then I get a three page telling me to buy the tethering bolt on.

I then have to cycle airplane mode to get the message away from my phone browser as it comes up on that immediately after. You can get the same message enabling desktop mode in settings/developer .

Posted via CB10
    06-02-13 03:58 PM
    Said message...

Three Users : Would I be charged if I started using Z10 Mobile Hot-Spot on my laptop !-img_00000538.png

Posted via CB10
    06-02-13 04:03 PM
    Depends on your plan. If you're not sure ask your carrier. It is carrier and plan dependent. For me I can use it on Koodo at no extra charge as long as I'm within my data limits.

So yeah, check with the contract of your plan.

Posted via CB10
    06-02-13 04:49 PM
    Thank you guys ! I actually need to share data with my laptop. They told me that tethring will cost me 25 every month and I will only be allowed to use 1 G. I think its not worth buying the addon, I already have unlimited data in my tablet and phone :S getting unlimited internet from TALK TALK will be much cheaper. Where can I get unlimited data and free tethring ? I want to change my carrier to save a bit. I pay 12 for unlimited data in my phone, 200 minutes and 500 texts and I also pay 15 for my tablet plan, which is separate than my phone plan .. is there a better option or THREE is the best ?
    06-05-13 01:22 PM