I rang Three UK about the global rollout the Indonesian woman said she'd heard nothing about it however ironically it's been released by Three there but I was wondering about when it will be rolled out in the UK she said to visit a store. Any news I'm already running the 10.2.1 leak but want the official release anyone know?

Posted via CB10
    01-29-14 10:33 AM
    I just can't wait fingers crossed

Posted via CB10
    01-29-14 11:20 AM
    See my twitter between me, Three uk and BlackBerry (@geekl33tgamer). What a carry on from Three - its very comical.

Bottom line: They have tweeted it's coming soon. They need a minor revision to disable 4G radios as a user selectable option. God knows why when their roll out of that service is underway.

I tweeted my disgust at their carry on, as my Z10 was bought unlocked and is not having vendor locked firmware on it. I stole my brothers O2 sim from his crapple 4s and the update magically appeared.

Jump onto wifi with their sim, installed it and swapped the Three sim back in. Things work fine. Three are being a little silly to say the least...

Awesome BB Z10 on Three UK
    01-29-14 05:00 PM
    Three UK 10.2.1 Rollout-img_20140129_225846.png

01-29-14 05:01 PM
    I am also on 3 and got the update in the same way but by using an orange sim. An unlocked phone should in my opinion get updates direct from blackberry.

Posted via CB10
    arif3000 likes this.
    01-29-14 05:59 PM
    Agreed. The method Apple and Microsoft use to deploy firmware is the best - it all goes direct regardless of vendor.

I've been with Three for years now, mainly for the unlimited data. Little things like this remind you just how small they are compared to all the other phone companies here. I had the 1st Galaxy years ago and missed Android 2.3 Foryo and 3.0 Gingerbread updates - thanks Three :-/. I think it's a lack of resource thing? Shame really, as much like our beloved BlackBerry, they also have a bad reputation these days, with a mobile network that actually isn't to bad if you use data performance as a measure...

01-29-14 06:18 PM
    I spent near the best part of an hour on the phone to three UK early this evening to complain to them for not releasing the update on time. First of all the manager tried to fob me off with a spiel about licensing agreements and to say it was BlackBerry's responsibility! Eventually after explaining to Jim for the third time that this was a global roll out. Eventually he came back and said my complaint would be noted and escalated. Meanwhile I also put a complaint on three's Facebook page and received a reply saying that the update was now available (about 5pm) but it wasn't so I wrote back, shortly receiving a reply that it wil be available soon! Not good enough three, not good enough!!!

Posted via CB10
    Fougasse likes this.
    01-29-14 06:20 PM
    I'm even starting to see the same names on here as on Twitter when I'm reading through all the queries about this rollout, haha. But it all seriousness, it is pretty farcical. I believe Three did tweet that it was already out there, but do we have anyone who's been able to upgrade with them? I haven't seen any. I have an EE sim card somewhere, I really should just think about digging it out at this point.
    01-29-14 06:25 PM
    That sounds familiar, look at Three backtrack when they got cornered on Twitter:

Three UK 10.2.1 Rollout-img_20140130_002359.png
    Three UK 10.2.1 Rollout-img_20140130_002415.png
    Three UK 10.2.1 Rollout-img_20140130_002436.png
    Attachment 243217

Special...!
    arif3000 likes this.
    01-29-14 06:26 PM
    Geekl33tgamer and Enots27 - geniuses, such a simple solution to three's obfuscation! I had an O2 sim and although I bought my Z10 on contract with three, I discovered it was unlocked when I took it abroad and used the local sims. Updating to 10.2.1 as I type this! Cheers fellas

Posted via CB10
    01-29-14 06:37 PM
    Just a quick question...My wife is on 02 and therefore has the update. Like others, I'm seriously thinking of using her sim but would installing the 02 update/radios interfere with Three's 4G update which is supposedly just around the corner?

Posted via CB10
    01-30-14 05:41 AM
    Yeah I bought an unlocked Z10, it has nothing to do with 3 as a company, the phone is MINE! So I won't be installing an update that locks me out of functionality.
    01-30-14 06:25 AM
    Just a quick question...My wife is on 02 and therefore has the update. Like others, I'm seriously thinking of using her sim but would installing the 02 update/radios interfere with Three's 4G update which is supposedly just around the corner?

Posted via CB10
    Don't think it will interfere, the o2 update has 4g in options. They already have it. I am on three with the o2 update, the option is there but it's not available yet for me to use.

Posted via CB10
    Coops12 likes this.
    01-30-14 07:43 AM
    Got mine from Three.

Posted via CB10
    01-30-14 10:30 AM
    How?!?

Posted via CB10
    01-30-14 11:03 AM
    Indeed how?! I still get I'm on latest version. Which is my tweaked leak lol

Posted via CB10
    01-30-14 02:43 PM
    I'm on three, updated using an O2 sim. Have had no problems. Three suggested I take the sim out and connect to Link As they said this has worked in the past. They said or would be mid Feb at the earliest when they would make the update available.

Posted via CB10
    01-30-14 02:56 PM
    To follow up on earlier posts, what functionality do people think they will loose by getting the update on an O2 or EE Sim then putting Three's back in?

If anything, this as it stands now is better than what Three want me to officially have. My previous firmware release come from Three, and in the network connectivity area for example, locked out 2G and 4G connectivity. Three are currently in the process of doing that again on current releases, as they neither have a 2G network to fall back on, and 4G is in use with them, but we're not supposed to have it yet because a separate software update will flip it back on again once they are ready. So silly.

There was no carrier specific apps, or branding on my Z10 when I got the update via an O2 Sim neither, and nothing seems like it's locked down or altered after BlackBerry were finished with it...

Three UK 10.2.1 Rollout-img_20140131_003611.png

01-30-14 06:45 PM
    To follow up on earlier posts, what functionality do people think they will loose by getting the update on an O2 or EE Sim then putting Three's back in?

If anything, this as it stands now is better than what Three want me to officially have. My previous firmware release come from Three, and in the network connectivity area for example, locked out 2G and 4G connectivity. Three are currently in the process of doing that again on current releases, as they neither have a 2G network to fall back on, and 4G is in use with them, but we're not supposed to have it yet because a separate software update will flip it back on again once they are ready. So silly.

There was no carrier specific apps, or branding on my Z10 when I got the update via an O2 Sim neither, and nothing seems like it's locked down or altered after BlackBerry were finished with it...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140131_003611.png 
Views:	321 
Size:	55.8 KB 
ID:	243539

I wish I had that, all o2 give me is 4G/3G/2G or 3G/2G.

I have friends in different networks, if I popped their sim in mine would the network options change even after I swap back?

Posted via CB10
    01-30-14 06:53 PM
    The phones OS seems to have pre-determined values set in it on a per operator basis. When the O2 Sim was briefly in here, that's also what I saw. I wouldn't worry however - as the most important option to use 4G is exposed to you (subject to coverage), and 2G to fall back on.

My earlier firmware was for Three, and as I mentioned earlier those half wits removed the option to use 2G and 4G - despite their network actually supporting both, they don't appear to want you to use it.

Your phone won't remember one carriers settings if you sim swap unfortunately.

01-30-14 07:25 PM
    Totally agree, I went out and bough an orange PAYG sim, for 10 pounds, pop it in, new os immediately ready to install. Switch it back to 3 sim, work perfectly on my Z30. You wont lost anything by using a different carrier sim, specially 3 don't even have an app themselves.
    I switch from EE to 3 in December with a pay monthly plan, and all they asked me to do is pop the sim card in the phone and carry on as normal, so I don't see anything special 3 is going to provide with 'their' update.
    In term of 4G, when it arrive, they may ask you to switch it off and switch it on again etc. if it doesn't work, you can always download it again, there will be no different to someone on EE or O2 today and decided to switch to 3 tomorrow.
    01-31-14 11:44 AM
    Also, any time accepted a three update, it took away the H+ option which enraged me, as it's available on the network and so much faster.

From then on I always waited for o2 or Vodafone to update.

Posted via CB10
    01-31-14 01:06 PM
    Noticed that too, don't know why they feel the need to do this? If they segmented their network like some do, so the higher speed cost extra then fair enough. They don't though, and actually make a point that DC-HSPA is fast and available - and 4G is at no extra cost.

Makes me mad. If it wasn't for unlimited data I would have dropped them ages ago.

01-31-14 01:18 PM
    I'm on with T

Posted via CB10
    01-31-14 02:11 PM
    I had to repost as was interrupted by a phone call! I'm with Three. They told me that the update would only be available mid-Feb at the earliest. Although I got my Z10 from Three, it was unlocked. I popped in an O2 sim and updated without any problems. Three also advised me to try updating using Link with no sim inserted in the handset. I asked in the forums if it was possible to update without a sim and a few people posted back to say it was. Hope that helps

Posted via CB10
    01-31-14 02:17 PM
30 12