Though I am a novice as compared to the real expert on this forum, I do, however, feel most of the threads for Z10 have misleading titles. When one actually reads the threads that's when one realizes the following facts:
    1. People who are ranting against Z10 have little or no patience using a 'New' device.
    2. People are expecting from this phone that no other phone is doing.
    3. Z10 is scaring the holy day light out of some iOS/Android folks.

I don't want to offend anyone, but would like to mention that there is no device that can be called perfect. I had a learning curve when moving to iPhone. I definitely thought that iOS wasn't as advanced as BB OS 5. Does that mean I label iPhone bad? I don't. iPhone does certain things quite good. Same is true for BB.

When iPhone 4 came out, there was a whole world-wrecking issue of Antenna. But look at how many units of iPhone 4 people bought. Same goes with iPhone 5, with some saying it didn't dazzle the world...still it is selling.

Bottom line: Stop ranting and stop judging a book from the cover...wait till you fully understand a new phone a brand new OS. As a consumer, BB10 and Z10 succeeding is a good sign as the growing competition will only benefit us!
    SEAWARRIOR, just_luc and meganVee like this.
    02-14-13 10:54 AM
    Hah I thought you were talking about the camera at first. I am just waiting for the sales numbers. They will be good. I mean I can't know for sure but blackberry had no reason to lie about the record launch sales. That alone exceeded my expectations. Things are looking good.
    02-14-13 11:07 AM
    If you go to any forum for pretty much any device, there will be a lot of threads with complaints and questions, and very few with positive comments. I actually find CrackBerry to have a much higher ratio of positive people than most places.
    02-14-13 11:10 AM
    I have noticed a fair amount of titles with things like RIMM has failed or is on crack. When you get into the body of the post it is either an uninformed opinion or worse an attack not based on fact, just an attempt to make the phone look bad to a casual observer.

It is mostly folks who only feel superior through their phone I guess and feel very threatened by the Z10 being so much better.
    02-14-13 11:17 AM
    like the person who listed things he "hates about the Z10" which should have been "I dont know all the features of my Z10" as he hated things that were there, he just didnt know how to use them?
    02-14-13 11:18 AM
    If you think about it, a lot of people are going to take the time to complain about something, but very few will take the time to say its good (as they are satisified) think about "Hows my driving " stickers. Nobody calls in to nominate the dude for being driver of the month.. they call to ***** and complain
    meganVee likes this.
    02-14-13 11:21 AM
    I feel like there are a few very negative threads but to be honest you can kind of tell the trolls from the rest. Usually they are the ones who just registered.

By and large I sense that most of the complaint threads are from BB fans who are genuinely frustrated with this or that aspect of the phone. With regard to the whole 'it's a new OS, be patient' thing, I suppose that's true, but the problem is that BB is trying to enter from a standing start into a race where everyone else is already going 100 mph. This is not 2001.

I have read almost every thread over the past 4 days. There are a lot of buggy little things going on with the phone. There are also one or two big secular issues that are the result of basic design decisions by the software team. I want so badly for BB to shock everyone by retaining their market penetration over the next 12-24 months, and gain back some NA young people. Hopefully they can work the bugs out fast. The most credible people here don't claim there are no problems, they say 'hopefully we'll have updates soon to smooth out the rough edges'.

BB still has a large enough user base and a strong enough penetration rate among young people overseas that it could right the ship. What sucks for BB is that in order to accomplish the task, the phone can't just be okay.
    Last edited by mset; 02-14-13 at 11:41 AM.
    02-14-13 11:25 AM
    If you go to any forum for pretty much any device, there will be a lot of threads with complaints and questions, and very few with positive comments. I actually find CrackBerry to have a much higher ratio of positive people than most places.
    I agree! I found CrackBerry to be a forum of people passionate about BlackBerry, including myself!
    02-14-13 07:38 PM
    BlackBerry isn't a new company. They used to reign the smartphone world not too long ago and I'm very positive after using these new generation devices that big things can happen for them. They are constantly being judged by the public and shouldn't have room to show any weakness.

I have been a long time blackberry user and always had faith on blackberry cause I know how much work I've gotten done on my phone.

BlackBerry needs to identify bugs and address it quick like Google does

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-14-13 07:56 PM
    The way I see it is most people complaining ,most likely wine in life .I am a BB fanboy for years .The phone is a work tool .I got my first cell phone back in 1989 ,compared today's phones that is a dinosaur .I have friends who have i-phones and leave a major city and the phone sucks at making phone calls .The android phones are okay ,but the z10 browser is faster compared to the samsung Note .
    02-14-13 08:29 PM
    It's just you
    02-14-13 08:39 PM
    The Z10 is an amazing device. I hope the market embraces it cuz it is very worthy competition for the other stuff out there.

I agree with you, the bitterness and negativeness and just plain inaccurate or wrong posts, misleading posts, nasty statements: some say "expect this on the interweb". I say BS. A LOT OF THESE NEGATIVE POSTS ARE A DELIBERATE EFFORT TO SLAG BB, BB10, the Z10.

Sure we all know there are some glitches, the worst being the Link mess. But the depth of the vitriol here is IMHO a deliberate effort at sabotage by the competitors who have rooms full of people whose job it is to SLAG the competitors online.

I'm surprised CB doesn't do a better job of weeding out the troll posts and baiting threads.

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-15-13 10:06 AM

Sure we all know there are some glitches, the worst being the Link mess. But the depth of the vitriol here is IMHO a deliberate effort at sabotage by the competitors who have rooms full of people whose job it is to SLAG the competitors online.

I'm surprised CB doesn't do a better job of weeding out the troll posts and baiting threads.
    Couldn't agree with you more! When someone a newbie like me goes to the forum and reads the threads title, one gets the feeling that things are SERIOUSLY wrong with the Z10. But as it turns out after reading the posts in detail, most of them are troll posts.

I do, however, also feel that not all negative posts are troll as there are some of the genuinely passionate BB fans are a bit frustrated at how certain things are not ironed out before the device was launched.
    02-22-13 10:12 PM
    Though I am a novice as compared to the real expert on this forum, I do, however, feel most of the threads for Z10 have misleading titles. When one actually reads the threads that's when one realizes the following facts:
    1. People who are ranting against Z10 have little or no patience using a 'New' device.
    2. People are expecting from this phone that no other phone is doing.
    3. Z10 is scaring the holy day light out of some iOS/Android folks.

I don't want to offend anyone, but would like to mention that there is no device that can be called perfect. I had a learning curve when moving to iPhone. I definitely thought that iOS wasn't as advanced as BB OS 5. Does that mean I label iPhone bad? I don't. iPhone does certain things quite good. Same is true for BB.

When iPhone 4 came out, there was a whole world-wrecking issue of Antenna. But look at how many units of iPhone 4 people bought. Same goes with iPhone 5, with some saying it didn't dazzle the world...still it is selling.

Bottom line: Stop ranting and stop judging a book from the cover...wait till you fully understand a new phone a brand new OS. As a consumer, BB10 and Z10 succeeding is a good sign as the growing competition will only benefit us!
    yea agree. Appreciate what you have. Stop expecting everything to fill
    a void in your life. Only you can do that. No electronic device will....nor is it ever going to be perfect.
    Many people have to wait a long time to get a "10" and the ones that have them early are whining
    about every little thing.
    02-22-13 10:40 PM
    Having some complaints is good, it hopefully will get BlackBerry's attention. It is also a good database of where potential bugs and issues lie, despite some complaints being baseless and simply reflect ignorance of some narrow minded people.

One of the most common complaints I always read is that Z10 is not superior to Iphone or Samsung. To me, these people have got the wrong perspective. In my opinion, BlackBerry's goal is not to replace Iphone or android or Windows, its goal is to survive and to give people another credible smartphone choice.

Coming from BlackBerry 7 device, I feel that Z10 is so refreshing and definitely closed the gap with iOS and Android in a big way.

I am enjoying my Z10.

Posted via CB10
    02-22-13 11:03 PM
    Mine is very accurate :P
    02-22-13 11:06 PM
    The camera looks like an uses in low light, but whatever, we can deal with that one flaw.

Posted via CB10
    02-22-13 11:54 PM
    Hmm.. a misleading title referring to titles being misleading.....

I see what you did there

Posted via CB10
    02-22-13 11:56 PM