Just damaged my Playbook and have been saving to buy a Z10 off contract. Now I have a feeling I need to replace my playbook as well, unless I'm gonna be more into my Z10, then I wont. So I'm just wondering how it is with being a Z10 owner..... Are you still using your PlayBooks as often??? Chime in and help me out please
    04-09-13 02:58 PM
    Nice question, I am thinking that I am not using my PB as I used to do now that I have my Z10, but I just want to say that my PB is as beautiful as my Z10, will replace her if needed.
    mpatchez and IqWaN like this.
    04-09-13 03:03 PM
    Not using it nearly as often due to several factors. Browser on Z10 is more functional than 9930 was. Bridge functionality has taken a step back so Playbook is more of an accessory then a tool working in concert with 9930 and other BB phones. I still use Playbook for Citrix receiver, native Evernote app, browsing content that needs larger screen, and HDMI out movie player when traveling....which is often
    mpatchez and Grumblegrumble like this.
    04-09-13 03:05 PM
    I would say I use my PlayBook a little less often, but still often enough that I would miss not having it around. It will probably be more frequent once Bridge functionality returns. Some of this is probably attributed to the fact that my Z10 is still fairly new and occupying more of my time.

That being said, as long as my morning meetings in the porcelain office remain regular, there will always be a place for my PlayBook....
    rcm1301, mpatchez, KMB4 and 1 others like this.
    04-09-13 03:12 PM
    Just damaged my Playbook and have been saving to buy a Z10 off contract. Now I have a feeling I need to replace my playbook as well, unless I'm gonna be more into my Z10, then I wont. So I'm just wondering how it is with being a Z10 owner..... Are you still using your PlayBooks as often??? Chime in and help me out please
    I still use mine. It'll take awhile to get over the wow factor of your Z10 once you get it. But at times, I'm lead back to my Playbook, because of the bigger screen and web browsing. Don't get me wrong the Z10's size is perfect for my hand, but when i'm lounging around, my Playbook fits even better. The Z10's browsing is superb as well, however when you view a site in desktop mode, the text is still really small. Again the size is a factor here. Browsing on my Playbook is much improved as I'm now connected to 4G when I'm out and about. Also, I can play Words With Friends sideloaded on my Playbook. I haven't tried it on my Z10 yet. But ya, I still use my Playbook daily.
    mpatchez likes this.
    04-09-13 03:14 PM
    A lot less Playbook use since getting the Z10 but I think I'm neglecting everything since getting the Z10. I expect after some time I will go back to using the PB as much as before.
    mpatchez likes this.
    04-09-13 03:14 PM
    Still using my Playbook for reading, some browsing etc., but not nearly as much now that I've got my Z10. I agree totally with one of the comments above, I hope the bridge functionality returns.
    I pretty sure that if my PB was damaged I'd get it replaced even with owning a Z10. Too good a tablet to be without.
    mpatchez likes this.
    04-09-13 03:15 PM
    Browsing, ebooks, streaming and games are still handled by the PlayBook.

Everything PIM related has shifted to the Z10.

I expect the PB to get overused once BB10 hits though. BB10's Browser, Docs2Go, Adobe Reader and Remember would keep the tablet in my hands non-stop.
    advias, Mecca EL and mpatchez like this.
    04-09-13 03:16 PM
    Probably not as much now as I did when I had my old Bold 9780, mainly due to the now scaled back bridge functions and the fact that the Z10 is far more gaming friendly then the legacy devices. That said it is still nice to have that extra screen real estate now and again, especially when at home playing a high quality game or browsing through photos, etc.

Bottom line is that I definitely wouldn't want to be without it especially if the elusive BB10 update ever makes it to the device...
    mpatchez likes this.
    04-09-13 03:27 PM
    Definitely not as much. When I was on my Torch, I used my PlayBook almost daily, whether it was at home, at school or on the train rides in-between. Being an AT&T customer doesn't help, of course, because browsing through Bridge is restricted w/o a shared data plan. The first time I picked up my PlayBook after getting my Z10, I can't even begin to describe the difference. Before getting my Z10, I could stack my PB up against any other device in terms of speed and smoothness of the OS and multitasking. The Z10 just takes it to another level and it makes the PB look extremely slow. While I still love my PlayBook, take it everywhere I go, and use it for gaming and other things more suitable for a tablet, I definitely don't use it as much as my pre-Z10 days.
    BB12MX and mpatchez like this.
    04-09-13 03:32 PM
    Thanks everyone. I just can't imagine being without my Playbook, I bring it everywhere. I haven't picked up the Z10 yet, but I dropped my tablet today and cracked the backing. It works fine but I'm worried the cracks are gonna start to spread since, it is plastic and right where it gets a lot of handling. The corner where they put the GB#. I'm not even sure where to look to just get the back replaced. Hmm
    FlashFlare11 likes this.
    04-09-13 03:35 PM
    once Bridge is sorted i will use my PB a lot more. since i got my Z10 hardly ever touch PB which is a shame as it is a great piece of kit
    04-09-13 03:41 PM
    Hmmmm! Gud question but I use my PB jus as much as I use my other love the Z10, video chat wit my friends wit the PB more when iam home using wifi ! But outside!!! All z10 ! But I love both of my blackberry devices!
    04-09-13 03:43 PM
    Mainly its a youtube player for when I don't want to abuse my unlimited data

Posted via CB10
    04-09-13 03:44 PM
    I use my PlayBook and OEM bluetooth keyboard everyday (typing this post right now). The wifi in the dentist office stinks, so I'm using my Z10 bridged with the PLAYBOOK for internet access........PRICELESS
    04-09-13 03:45 PM
    Thanks everyone. I just can't imagine being without my Playbook, I bring it everywhere. I haven't picked up the Z10 yet, but I dropped my tablet today and cracked the backing. It works fine but I'm worried the cracks are gonna start to spread since, it is plastic and right where it gets a lot of handling. The corner where they put the GB#. I'm not even sure where to look to just get the back replaced. Hmm
    Doing a quick search on your issue, it seems that this happened to a few people (cracked back plate). If the PlayBook is still functional, getting an external case should be fine for now. Apparently replacement PlayBook parts are hard to come by, although there's always contacting BB directly to see if they could offer you some options.

I found this post on CB doing a quick search, there may be some more with further searching: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ousing-696560/

Hope that helps.
    04-09-13 03:49 PM
    Let me just say that if you like your PlayBook this much, you are going to absolutely LOVE the Z10! I'm excited for you to get one and I already have one!
    04-09-13 03:53 PM
    A little less, but I still use it for games, and YouTube videos just look better on the TV when on the PlayBook. Kinda wish I could replace it with a 4G + wifi model but they aren't sold here. :/

Posted via CB10
    04-09-13 03:55 PM
    I still use mine the same as I did before no change here.

Posted via CB10
    04-09-13 03:56 PM
    Not using it nearly as often due to several factors. Browser on Z10 is more functional than 9930 was. Bridge functionality has taken a step back so Playbook is more of an accessory then a tool working in concert with 9930 and other BB phones. I still use Playbook for Citrix receiver, native Evernote app, browsing content that needs larger screen, and HDMI out movie player when traveling....which is often
    The z10 also has an hdmi out...

I still use my playbook daily (using it to type this)... I take it to work all the time, i can still type faster on it than the z10 at the moment...i find that using it conserves the battery on my z10 which is more important for calls...what i barely use now ever since owning a playbook is my laptop...funny thing is i don't use my desktop at all ever since i got a laptop, and i barely use the laptop after getting the playbook but i have yet to make the full transition to stop using the playbook after getting the z10....perhaps cause i haven't fully discovered it's full potential...we'll see, ask me again in about 4 months... But as of right now, i still love my (wi-fi only, 16g) playbook, probably even more once they release bb10 for it...and if it ever broke, i would buy another.
    04-09-13 03:57 PM
    Only for reading... I try to use the browser every now & then but I realize how slow it is compared to the z10 n I just can't but for comics and books I still use it

Posted via CB10
    04-09-13 03:57 PM
    I must also say I don't miss the Bridge apps. My notes are in sync via Evernote/Remember. Contacts and Calendar in sync via Google. Emails come to both devices (now this is kinda annoying, has has ever been).

What would get me using the PlayBook more would be faster, more responsive PIM apps and some of the productivity stuff on the Z10.
    04-09-13 04:06 PM
    I use it less but frequently nontheless. Mainly to browse the internet and play games. I wish PB had BB10 already. Anyways, this new browser called fast browser makes me really happy as it is good and fast and browsing on playbook is not as painful as it used to be.
    04-09-13 04:07 PM
    I'd say I'm not using my PlayBook as much too. As many people have already said, the Bridge functionality is almost non existent between the Z10 and the PlayBook. It is very disappointing, as before, I loved using my PlayBook to text and email while my Bold was charging somewhere in the room.

I'm waiting for my new bank card from my bank, because I want to buy Asphalt Heat 7 and maybe N.O.V.A. 3, which both became available for the PlayBook very recently. In terms of games, I much prefer my PlayBook to my Z10, because it's not slower in terms of graphics, and the sound is just way better. I have Sonic and the Pinball HD and Jetpack Joyride loaded on both of them, and I prefer the PlayBook for all three games. The web browser on the Z10 is better, but the screen of the PlayBook is much bigger, and if I'm reading something, I still actually prefer the PlayBook. I really prefer my PlayBook for a lot of things still, but the Z10 has been distracting me. I still use Slacker Radio a lot, by turning it on and leaving it on as the PlayBook sits in its charging cradle.

The PlayBook seems to be like wine...getting better with age.. (except for this period we're in where Bridge suxx), because it has only gotten better to me, and with BlackBerry10 coming to it "soon," I'm happy my PlayBook will continue to march into the future.
    04-09-13 04:08 PM
    Blackberry should put in the upgrade now to Playbooks as a thank you to all Blackberry Playbook loyalists, who went on to buy a Blackberry for the first time (like me)
    04-09-13 04:12 PM
43 12