I really think BBM Channels is a great idea, but many times I "forget" that it exists because of the amount of time I spend inside the Hub.

As far as I know, Channels can only be launched when the BBM app is open, and because I seldom launch the BBM app, I tend to "forget" about it. I'm trying to think of a way on how this can be implemented in the Hub, but I can't wrap my head around the concept.

What do you think?
    07-20-13 02:09 PM
    They can easily create a switch to have Channels show in the HUB.

The problem is, they'd probably swarm you with entries and prevent you from seeing the important stuff.
    07-20-13 02:14 PM
    With the latest Channels update you can view your channels conversations in the hub. Fixed the toast reply for BBM to!

Posted via CB10
    07-20-13 02:28 PM
    With the latest Channels update you can view your channels conversations in the hub. Fixed the toast reply for BBM to!

Posted via CB10
    Conversations, right. What about channels update? I guess that's What the OP was talking about.
    07-20-13 08:49 PM
    Right, I'm not too worried about being able to chat or monitor conversations but just general browsing of the Channels.

Posted via CB10
    07-21-13 12:08 AM
    I said the exact same thing in the survey i sent back in blackberry beta. Hopefully more people will report the same info back and it may happen (not hopeful)
    07-21-13 03:41 AM
    I barely go to the actual BBM app, I almost always use the Hub.

Posted via CB10
    07-21-13 03:46 AM
    I do forget about the bbm app - but having it in the HUB would just clutter it up...
    The updates stream in bbm us just a huge mess for me - and useless.

It is a tricky situation - information overload is equal to not having any information.

Posted via CB10
    diegonei likes this.
    07-21-13 04:14 AM
    It's definitely a tricky situation and quite difficult to implement in the Hub. Problem is, Channels is part of BBM, so they cannot simply place it as a separate entity in the Hub - well at least that's how I think of it. For other platforms, however, that won't be an issue and it would be easy to access and readily available if/once BBM becomes their choice of cross-platform messaging application, so exposure won't be a problem for them.

Every time I actually launch the BBM app, I check the Channels. It's only when I'm in the HUB that I don't frequent them as much. In conclusion, this "issue" seems to effect BlackBerry users only, how ironic
    diegonei likes this.
    07-21-13 04:07 PM