I have the BlackBerry Z10 charger + spare battery, and I have noticed that the battery that came with the device doesn't seem to last as long as the one that came with the charger.

I've only had the device since the Feb 5th Canadian launch date, and have had the charger for about 2 days now.

The batteries are physically different from one another: the shape of the plastic mold of the battery has minor variations: angles instead of thin straight edges etc, but of course the battery fits and makes proper contact.

The battery that came with the device is labeled as follows:
    Lot Code: DC121216
    Serial: GOPxxxxxxx
    Code: BAT-47277-003 1ICP5/33/81
    Cell made in Korea
    Further processed in China

Battery that came with charger is:
    Lot Code: DC121230
    Serial: HNTxxxxxxx
    Code: BAT-47277-003 1ICP5/35/81
    Cell made in Korea
    Further processed in China

I assume the Lot Code is the manufacture date (maybe DC is December?)

The two different serial numbers and the minor-but-noticeable details of the battery molds may indicate different manufacturers.

I just thought I'd post this in case owners of multiple batteries with different identifying characteristics notice better vs. poorer performance of one battery to another.

I will do some more tests and reply to this topic based on, again, anecdotal usage of how the battery life measures up.

EDIT: Since you asked about manufacture sites, etc., I thought I'd add the other "differences", emphasized with bold text... see above.
    Last edited by lorax1284; 02-21-13 at 03:16 PM.
    DAY1000 and Bbnivende like this.
    02-21-13 02:25 PM
    I have the BlackBerry Z10 charger + spare battery, and I have noticed that the battery that came with the device doesn't seem to last as long as the one that came with the charger.

I've only had the device since the Feb 5th Canadian launch date, and have had the charger for about 2 days now.

The batteries are physically different from one another: the shape of the plastic mold of the battery has minor variations: angles instead of thin straight edges etc, but of course the battery fits and makes proper contact.

The battery that came with the device is labeled as follows:
    Lot Code: DC121216
    Serial: GOPxxxxxxx

Battery that came with charger is:
    Lot Code: DC121230
    Serial: HNTxxxxxxx

I assume the Lot Code is the manufacture date (maybe DC is December?)

The two different serial numbers and the minor-but-noticeable details of the battery molds may indicate different manufacturers.

I just thought I'd post this in case owners of multiple batteries with different identifying characteristics notice better vs. poorer performance of one battery to another.

I will do some more tests and reply to this topic based on, again, anecdotal usage of how the battery life measures up.
    Where were they manufactured?
    02-21-13 02:29 PM
    One battery app claimed that the battery had done 300+ cycles on my z10, but I highly doubt it.

Posted via CB10
    02-21-13 02:43 PM