Hi, I am currently an iPhone 4S user and have been getting very bored of it lately. It is also getting quite slow. When I was looking at phones to upgrade to, I spotted the Z10 for �159.99 PAYG (Prepaid) and that looks like a great deal. I'm really considering picking up the Z10 but I have never owned a blackberry. I have used it a bit in the shop and I know about the gestures and stuff. The main concern I have is the apps. I use apps daily like Instagram, Snapchat, and YouTube. I have heard they are not on the store but there is a way to get them. Could you guys leave your suggestions below

Thanks
    I know I'm new to this site
    03-01-14 01:25 PM
    You will love it, be prepared to learn the device and the OS, a steepish learning curve if it's your first BB, but we'll worth the effort. Read the forums, then read them again, all the help is here. Good luck.

Posted via CB10
    bradleymcc6 likes this.
    03-01-14 01:36 PM
    Well blackberry runs flash so YouTube always works. There is also a native YouTube app. You will have to run the android version of instagram and snapchat. The native igrann app for instagram is better than the android app. Snapchat has an annoying pop up that says you need to have google play services activated but that doesn't affect anything. There is a native client for snapchat called snap2chat that is going to be released in the blackberry store soon. That will resolve the annoying pop up.

Posted via CB10
    bradleymcc6 likes this.
    03-01-14 01:37 PM
    If your in UK blackberry.co.uk �149.99 sim free
    U won't regret it fantastic phone
    bradleymcc6 likes this.
    03-01-14 01:39 PM
    YouTube is preinstalled the others are easy to get. Go for it. There is nothing boring about BB10. If the Z30 is available where you are, give that a try too.
    bradleymcc6 likes this.
    03-01-14 01:39 PM
    There are 2 ways to get the apps you desire. Going native BlackBerry 10 or port the Android versions using various methods...Snap, 1Mobile, or Amazon app store. Maybe try both ways to see what versions you like most.

Instagram=Igrann (BlackBerry native)
    Snapchat=Snap2chat (BlackBerry native)
    YouTube is on BlackBerry 10

All I can say is I've had my Z10 for over 1 year now and it's the best phone I've ever had period! You will not be disappointed.

Z10... next Ontario!
    bradleymcc6 likes this.
    03-01-14 01:48 PM
    Ivr had my z10 for 5 days now anf I love it I have instagram and everything I need to you wont regret it I made this choice also I wasnt to sure on apps because they wernt released for bb10 but ive downloaded them from SNAP and my phones better than the ones I have ever had

Posted via CB10
    bradleymcc6 likes this.
    03-01-14 01:54 PM
    Get the z10 with no doubt. You will forget your iphone when you try a BlackBerry 10 device.

Posted via CB10
    bradleymcc6 likes this.
    03-01-14 11:43 PM
    Get the z10 with no doubt. You will forget your iphone when you try a BlackBerry 10 device.

Posted via CB10
    This is the dude that makes snap2chat. Listen to him!

Posted via CB10
    bradleymcc6 likes this.
    03-01-14 11:48 PM
    Coming from android I have to say the z10 is the best I've ever had and it is my first BlackBerry. Learning curve was nothing. Took me a couple hours to get used to the gestures. I don't use a lot of apps but as the others said, you can have all the ones you mentioned. I mean how many complete crap apps have you seen on iPhone and Android? Numbers don't always mean better.

Posted via CB10
    bradleymcc6 likes this.
    03-01-14 11:56 PM
    Ok thanks for the help I'll be going sometime this week to pick it up!
    03-02-14 05:04 AM
    Had my Z10 for 14 months with very few issues. At most the occasional reboot cleared the problem, and these were always pretty minor issues too. This is the best phone I've ever owned up to now. However in a month or so I'll be getting an IPhone through work, so I am going the other way, except I will be keeping my Z10 for my own personal use. My company used to have Blackberry's but alas got a great deal on Iphones and Ipads.

Z10 In action here!
    bradleymcc6 likes this.
    03-02-14 05:11 AM
    Hi, I am currently an iPhone 4S user and have been getting very bored of it lately. It is also getting quite slow. When I was looking at phones to upgrade to, I spotted the Z10 for �159.99 PAYG (Prepaid) and that looks like a great deal. I'm really considering picking up the Z10 but I have never owned a blackberry. I have used it a bit in the shop and I know about the gestures and stuff. The main concern I have is the apps. I use apps daily like Instagram, Snapchat, and YouTube. I have heard they are not on the store but there is a way to get them. Could you guys leave your suggestions below

Thanks
    I know I'm new to this site
    Hi Bradley
    Regarding the apps that you use on a daily basis
    1. Instagram
    You have 3 options to choose from on BlackBerry
    A) android Instagram port
    B) igrann native BlackBerry client
    C) blackgram which is also native to BlackBerry but not as integrated as igrann

Each has their pro and cons there is a good article on this on crackberry

2. Snapchat
    You have the native BlackBerry client snap2chat

3. YouTube
    The two best apps in BlackBerry for YouTube are
    A) Super Tube
    B) Fast Tube

Also you have the mobile version of You Tube which functions really well

Yes, we now have access to android apps but not all of them will work seamlessly, paid apps are still an issue

Overall, for communication, emailing, account organisation (hub) and keyboard the z10 is a lovely device

The virtual keyboard is so good that it is almost on par with a physical one and the way it learns what you type and suggests words dedicated to subjects is incredible

The larger screen on the z10 coming from a iPhone 4s will be welcoming to you

The browser is second to none it is fast and runs flash

Multitasking is wonderful once you get a hang of the gestures and learn your way around the phone

I will never dismiss the iPhone it is a good device supported by an incredible eco system however I do believe that BlackBerry 10 is a very under rated operating system and deserves it's place in the lime light

With more apps becoming native in the future and hopefully more developers focusing some efforts towards bb10 then there is no reason why BlackBerry cannot be on par with the competition
    03-02-14 05:26 AM
    This is my first BlackBerry and I absolutely love it!!! Apps aren't a problem, I don't know what I'll do if this ever breaks, probably get a z30

Posted via CB10
    bradleymcc6 and dragon77 like this.
    03-02-14 07:06 AM
    Hi Bradley
    Regarding the apps that you use on a daily basis
    1. Instagram
    You have 3 options to choose from on BlackBerry
    A) android Instagram port
    B) igrann native BlackBerry client
    C) blackgram which is also native to BlackBerry but not as integrated as igrann

Each has their pro and cons there is a good article on this on crackberry

2. Snapchat
    You have the native BlackBerry client snap2chat

3. YouTube
    The two best apps in BlackBerry for YouTube are
    A) Super Tube
    B) Fast Tube

Also you have the mobile version of You Tube which functions really well

Yes, we now have access to android apps but not all of them will work seamlessly, paid apps are still an issue

Overall, for communication, emailing, account organisation (hub) and keyboard the z10 is a lovely device

The virtual keyboard is so good that it is almost on par with a physical one and the way it learns what you type and suggests words dedicated to subjects is incredible

The larger screen on the z10 coming from a iPhone 4s will be welcoming to you

The browser is second to none it is fast and runs flash

Multitasking is wonderful once you get a hang of the gestures and learn your way around the phone

I will never dismiss the iPhone it is a good device supported by an incredible eco system however I do believe that BlackBerry 10 is a very under rated operating system and deserves it's place in the lime light

With more apps becoming native in the future and hopefully more developers focusing some efforts towards bb10 then there is no reason why BlackBerry cannot be on par with the competition
    Thank-you I really appreciate the detailed answer
    03-02-14 07:20 AM
    I think you'll find the Z10 to be a major upgrade.

I will dismiss the iPhone after doing a direct comparison with the 5S. It's totally overrated. Apple has stopped innovating and is just coasting along on its own success. BlackBerry has its back against the wall and is innovating its way back, not unlike Apple in the late '90s.

Anyway, enjoy your Z10 and welcome to the club!
    bradleymcc6 likes this.
    03-02-14 09:40 AM