I'm getting a little bored of iOS to be honest. I love that it works but just looking for something different. I have an upgrade in Feb and will either get the iPhone 5 or BB10. I'm on the fence of jumping to BB10 when it's released but just have a few questions. I'm on AT&T so do you guys know if they will be offering this new BB10 phone? If I do get the BB10 will I lose my unlimited plan that I have with my iPhone? I have been reading about BB10 and watching the videos and i an really impressed by what i see. Now i made the switch to Android when it first came out and i hated it. I dont want to make that mistake again. Can anyone convince me to go ahead and make the switch?
    12-23-12 01:28 PM
    What exactly disappointed you in Android? I've used iOS for a year and found it extremely frustrating. BB is generally a no bull**** phone. While iOS is all about a pretty well designed ui. BB will definitely be more efficient than iOS and definitely more snappy than android. But will it be the right thing for you? Almost impossible to tell.
    12-23-12 01:39 PM
    What exactly disappointed you in Android? I've used iOS for a year and found it extremely frustrating. BB is generally a no bull**** phone. While iOS is all about a pretty well designed ui. BB will definitely be more efficient than iOS and definitely more snappy than android. But will it be the right thing for you? Almost impossible to tell.
    I hated the Android UI and had so many issues with my phone that it was very frustrating. Me and my wife both had Android phones and the bugs were just too much for us. We ran back to iOS very quickly. I will never use another Android device after that experience. That's just me. All the videos of BB10 seem so smooth and such a change of pace.
    12-23-12 01:55 PM
    BB10 will definitely outperform most android and windows phones, I think it will be on par with the iphone on smoothness
    12-23-12 02:05 PM
    I'm planning to switch from 4S to BB10 on release day. I've had an android phone and like you didn't like it. Had several BBs and enjoyed them. Switched to 4S a year ago.

IOS is OK but I am looking forward to playing with and learning the BB10 operating system.
    12-23-12 02:13 PM
    Can anyone convince me to go ahead and make the switch?
    I would wait and try it out when it's in store, if you can.
    12-23-12 02:16 PM
    I hated the Android UI and had so many issues with my phone that it was very frustrating. Me and my wife both had Android phones and the bugs were just too much for us. We ran back to iOS very quickly. I will never use another Android device after that experience. That's just me. All the videos of BB10 seem so smooth and such a change of pace.
    If the last time you tried Android was when it first came out, a LOT has changed since then!! Also, there really isn't an "Android UI" anymore. Now it depends on the manufacturer as to what skin you get on the phone. And if you don't like the skin you can always download a launcher to make it even more customizable.

I agree with those who say to wait til BB10 is available to make your choice. So much can be said about being able to hold the device and see how it works in the store. Also keep in mind that whatever device you choose will have a learning curve before you're as proficient with it as you are with your current iPhone. Patience is key!
    BergerKing likes this.
    12-23-12 02:54 PM
    Thanks everyone with the replies so far. Can anyone answer the other questions I had in the original post in regards to AT&T? Thanks in advance.
    BergerKing likes this.
    12-23-12 02:54 PM
    Thanks everyone with the replies so far. Can anyone answer the other questions I had in the original post in regards to AT&T? Thanks in advance.
    I'm 99% sure ATT will have the phone. They've had just about every major BB besides a few and with BB trying to regain past customers I'm sure they would want two of the biggest carriers Verizon and ATT to offer their newest phone. As far as the unlimited data is concerned, I'm also pretty sure you can keep that. I've switched phones 3 times and never did they say I will lose my unlimited data. They've tried to convince me to switch but it didn't make sense to lose unlimited data if I'm paying the same price people are paying for 2 or 3gb of data. I'm switching to BB10 from the iphone 4 and to me it's also getting very dull. I have the ipad mini so all my apps will work for that.
    BergerKing likes this.
    12-23-12 04:18 PM
    I'm 99% sure ATT will have the phone. They've had just about every major BB besides a few and with BB trying to regain past customers I'm sure they would want two of the biggest carriers Verizon and ATT to offer their newest phone. As far as the unlimited data is concerned, I'm also pretty sure you can keep that. I've switched phones 3 times and never did they say I will lose my unlimited data. They've tried to convince me to switch but it didn't make sense to lose unlimited data if I'm paying the same price people are paying for 2 or 3gb of data. I'm switching to BB10 from the iphone 4 and to me it's also getting very dull. I have the ipad mini so all my apps will work for that.
    Thanks. Yeah I really don't want to lose my unlimited. And Dull is the word I was looking for. It's just getting dull to me. I didn't think of getting an iPad Mini for my apps or even an iPad 3. I'm getting ready to fall off this fence.
    jvictor77 likes this.
    12-23-12 04:20 PM
    yea I think ATT will have BB10 at launch. There was an article for it.
    12-23-12 05:29 PM
    AT&T has announced they will support BB 10, but they have not stated that they will have it at launch and traditionally AT&T has been slow with the roll out of new BlackBerrys. They were the last of the major US carriers to launch BlackBerry 7 devices and they skipped the 9780 altogether before that. I wouldn't count on them being the first US carrier to launch BB 10. I'd say Verizon will launch it first.

As far as your unlimited data plan, you will not lose it. I can assure you of this with 100% certainty. If you do, PM me and I'll fix it for you. But you won't have a problem. AT&T does not force anyone off unlimited data, they just throttle you at 5GB and won't let you use mobile hotspot.

But if you like a consistent UI and highly optimized user experience, then BB 10 will be worth a shot. You'll miss a few apps at first, but you'll love the core experience and realize that there is allot you just don't need an app for when the Platform is complete out of the box.
    12-23-12 08:13 PM
    I just realize that we cannot find any widget runs in IOS and BB10. More widget u run, more hardware resource will be taken.

I'm sure many of us likes to run many widget at their Android phone. But they or we are not realize this.

So that's why Android Phone needs high end hardware just to support cosmetics utility in it.

Do you agree?
    12-23-12 09:14 PM
    AT&T has announced they will support BB 10, but they have not stated that they will have it at launch and traditionally AT&T has been slow with the roll out of new BlackBerrys. They were the last of the major US carriers to launch BlackBerry 7 devices and they skipped the 9780 altogether before that. I wouldn't count on them being the first US carrier to launch BB 10. I'd say Verizon will launch it first.

As far as your unlimited data plan, you will not lose it. I can assure you of this with 100% certainty. If you do, PM me and I'll fix it for you. But you won't have a problem. AT&T does not force anyone off unlimited data, they just throttle you at 5GB and won't let you use mobile hotspot.

But if you like a consistent UI and highly optimized user experience, then BB 10 will be worth a shot. You'll miss a few apps at first, but you'll love the core experience and realize that there is allot you just don't need an app for when the Platform is complete out of the box.
    Thank you! Okay that is a major thing. That I will not lose unlimited if I go to BB. Really hoping AT&T has it at launch. I have had my 4S since launch and desprately need a new phone. I will have to keep an eye on this. Again thanks for your response.
    12-23-12 10:16 PM
    I'm getting a little bored of iOS to be honest. I love that it works but just looking for something different. I have an upgrade in Feb and will either get the iPhone 5 or BB10. I'm on the fence of jumping to BB10 when it's released but just have a few questions. I'm on AT&T so do you guys know if they will be offering this new BB10 phone? If I do get the BB10 will I lose my unlimited plan that I have with my iPhone? I have been reading about BB10 and watching the videos and i an really impressed by what i see. Now i made the switch to Android when it first came out and i hated it. I dont want to make that mistake again. Can anyone convince me to go ahead and make the switch?
    Please do whatever your heart desires. Good luck to you.
    12-23-12 11:52 PM
    I've had no problem with Android, I've recently upgraded from Torch to Note 2 (considering sending it back for BB10). I have an iPhone also, and the iOS is pretty boring and gives problems when I'm due to upgrade it. Nothing can beat BB when it comes to messaging and emailing. I was thinking of maybe keeping the Note 2, and buying an L Series (PayG) for BBM/Emailing. Then I got my phablet toy and messenger. My problem is I've gone from being a die hard BB fan to liking all 3. Unlimited calls / texts / 2gb data is something I close to never used when I had my contract on BB. 90% of my contacts I tall to have BBM.
    jerryeight likes this.
    12-25-12 12:35 PM
    I've had no problem with Android, I've recently upgraded from Torch to Note 2 (considering sending it back for BB10). I have an iPhone also, and the iOS is pretty boring and gives problems when I'm due to upgrade it. Nothing can beat BB when it comes to messaging and emailing. I was thinking of maybe keeping the Note 2, and buying an L Series (PayG) for BBM/Emailing. Then I got my phablet toy and messenger. My problem is I've gone from being a die hard BB fan to liking all 3. Unlimited calls / texts / 2gb data is something I close to never used when I had my contract on BB. 90% of my contacts I tall to have BBM.
    Yea using a Samsung infuse rooted to 4.2.1 custom right now and it feels amazing but after I got my Alpha B I am feeling more attached to BB10. It just feels like a more stable os also extremely fast. So unless some thing happens I am almost 100% going to go BB10 and keep my android with me for watching movies so I don't drain the battery on my new BlackBerry 10 Z series full touch screen
    ankoil likes this.
    12-25-12 02:19 PM
    Yea using a Samsung infuse rooted to 4.2.1 custom right now and it feels amazing but after I got my Alpha B I am feeling more attached to BB10. It just feels like a more stable os also extremely fast. So unless some thing happens I am almost 100% going to go BB10 and keep my android with me for watching movies so I don't drain the battery on my new BlackBerry 10 Z series full touch screen
    Nice. I wish I could test one. Right now I just have the minimum on my Torch PAYG for BB services, and I do the rest on this. Outside of messages, I love this phone. I was also wondering if buying the L Series on pay as you go, since it means I can use the internet on the Note 2 without worrying about credit etc. As for my iphone 4, maybe I'll retire it once it's contract (separate) runs out. I'm involved with games, IT, and media so the Android interests me too.
    12-25-12 02:58 PM
    This is an easy choice,

Get the BB10 and try it for a month. If you do not like it i assure that you can do an even swap with someone here or elseware for an IP5. You can't lose with this method.
    jerryeight likes this.
    12-25-12 03:47 PM
    What size SIM cards will the BB10 devices use?
    12-25-12 04:05 PM
    What size SIM cards will the BB10 devices use?
    Micro sim I think.
    12-25-12 04:22 PM
    This is an easy choice,

Get the BB10 and try it for a month. If you do not like it i assure that you can do an even swap with someone here or elseware for an IP5. You can't lose with this method.
    haha but i think once you go BB10 you dont go back though, which is why I am really hoping that BlackBerry would approve me to receive one of the limited edition models. Right now I am literally counting the days until the launch since they won't ship the phones until it has been released to the public. The ways you can customize an android is second to none but what I really need right now even as a student is a phone that is rock solid, looks amazing, great features, and come from a company that have been trusted for years; BlackBerry BB10 ;D

Nice. I wish I could test one. Right now I just have the minimum on my Torch PAYG for BB services, and I do the rest on this. Outside of messages, I love this phone. I was also wondering if buying the L Series on pay as you go, since it means I can use the internet on the Note 2 without worrying about credit etc. As for my iphone 4, maybe I'll retire it once it's contract (separate) runs out. I'm involved with games, IT, and media so the Android interests me too.
    Yea I was really excited when i got the approval for Alpha B. I think that you should if it is possible since it is just one of the best os I ever used. feels smoother than my friends N4 16gb Hmm would the pay as you go plan for the LSeries be fully featured or have only talk/text ? As for the iphone 4 i think you should keep it with you so that if you ever need a backup phone you can just pop the sim into it and go.
    Last edited by jerryeight; 12-25-12 at 09:02 PM.
    12-25-12 08:07 PM
    This is an easy choice,

I believe that is what I will do. I think I have pretty much made up my mind now. I want that White Z10. That thing is beautiful.
    jerryeight likes this.
    12-25-12 11:36 PM
    Icecold, I sympathize being in the same boat. Android has a ton of great features, especially now, but there are just too many dealbreakers for me. Trying to find an android with non-flimsy outer casings, expandable storage, fast OS updates, lack of OEM and carrier bloat and update delays, and LTE all on the same single phone is proving to be a frustrating exercise in futility and I've reached the end of my patience. My long held scorn for Apple's proprietary walled garden has finally crumbled after setting up my daughter's new iPhone5 and my father's new iPad. IOS isn't exciting or pretty but I've immediately noticed the quality of the apps built for them compared to mine. The only thing that's stopped me from pulling the trigger is my dislike for iPhone multitasking. Once bb10 goes live, iOS will officially have the oldest UI of everyone, even WP8. So far my hopes are resting with the z10 now. My fear though resides not in the apps launching with bb10. My fear is whether there will be enough interest in bb10 over the long term to motivate the developers of those apps to keep them updated, as well as motivating developers of newer apps for come aboard after launch instead of just iPhone and Android.

The reason that scares me is that I've already witnessed that exact thing happening to WP8. Developers for apps that were in WP7 are not sticking around for WP8 and that's been cause enough for a few posts over at wpcentral in complaint.
    12-26-12 03:01 PM
    Android has changed and improved a lot, in part for Android OS upgrades and in big part due to hardware becoming over the top so it can handle it. You already know ios and are bored by it. I think Z10 will be an amazing phone, it won't look or feel SO different (like with WP8), it will have a familiar UI look with the icon grids and active frames but will have so much more with the Hub and cascades. Z10 will feel exciting and unique. Everybody having the same phone, specially with iOS it's what makes it feel so GENERIC! I think that's what's made Android starting to pass iOS, people are bored, it's like everybody having the same car model, the same haircut or the same clothes. I think Apple is slowly making itself obsolete, they can only go down, I see this year blackberry's and WP8 taking a lot of market share. I would choose the Z10 no doubt about it, if it were ME.
    12-30-12 07:58 AM
41 12