Just mentioning. We had 4 of our people switch to Q10's leaving us with 4 Z10's to sell. 3 new unused but we opened the box. 1 used with a pile of paid apps. So we got $400 for used good condition but we had to unlock it. We got $400 for the new ones each. The whole process on Kijiji took about 5 says and 2 bumps. I was actually pretty happy with the market value of them. My geography is the greater Toronto area - Ajax. Just thought I'd share in case anyone is thinking of selling.

Presented by Dr. Emmett Brown on BlackBerry Z41
    Supa_Fly1 and ami.one like this.
    08-22-13 11:53 AM
    I adjusted the title a bit.
    08-22-13 11:57 AM
    Wow i'm shocked. I see used ones around here for 300 or less.....maybe its saturated here, in the Waterloo area
    08-22-13 12:08 PM
    Lol Aww Ajax! I am surprised though as my friends out there switched en masse to other platforms over a year ago!

Posted via CB10
    08-22-13 12:51 PM
    Just mentioning. We had 4 of our people switch to Q10's leaving us with 4 Z10's to sell. 3 new unused but we opened the box. 1 used with a pile of paid apps. So we got $400 for used good condition but we had to unlock it. We got $400 for the new ones each. The whole process on Kijiji took about 5 says and 2 bumps. I was actually pretty happy with the market value of them. My geography is the greater Toronto area - Ajax. Just thought I'd share in case anyone is thinking of selling.

I dig your signature .
    jpvj likes this.
    08-22-13 01:03 PM
    That's good to know. Hopefully it keeps it's value until iPhone 5S comes out.

Posted via CB10 on my Black Z10.
    08-22-13 01:05 PM
    Must be a (temporary) Canadian phenom, I've had my Z (with case and lge SIM) listed for $350 for 2 mths. Why would anyone pay more than $200, or even $100, when they have been able to get for "free" on several U.S. carriers--or 3rd pty vendors tied to carriers. (I had few, if any, illusions that Id really sell it.)

On TM, for example, one might pay an additional $20-25/mth (over 2yrs) from a bare bones rate found on another carrier but still get the phone for $200 to $300. paid over 24 installments.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by pkcable; 08-22-13 at 10:08 PM. Reason: removed market place ad! ;)
    08-22-13 01:17 PM
    I adjusted the title a bit.
    Just curious as to why you did that?

08-22-13 05:28 PM
    Wow i'm shocked. I see used ones around here for 300 or less.....maybe its saturated here, in the Waterloo area
    I was pleasantly surprised as well. Interesting thing is that we got asking price on a very unit but one. On one we got asking price of 400 bit had to spend 50 bucks on an unlock code to close the deal. Other three went as Rogers envies for asking price.

It gets better. Also this week I got rid of our family legacy devices. 3 X 9780 and 1x 9800 for a hundred bucks each. I also thought that was more than expectation.

08-22-13 05:33 PM
    Must be a (temporary) Canadian phenom, I've had my Z (with case and lge SIM) listed for $350 for 2 mths. Why would anyone pay more than $200, or even $100, when they have been able to get for "free" on several U.S. carriers--or 3rd pty vendors tied to carriers. (I had few, if any, illusions that Id really sell it.)

On TM, for example, one might pay an additional $20-25/mth (over 2yrs) from a bare bones rate found on another carrier but still get the phone for $200 to $300. paid over 24 installments.

Notwithstanding, anyone want a 100-3 with incipio case, unblemished screen, and 64mb SIM: it's yours for $300 (postage included). Hey, I'd even consider $250....either way I lose a couple hundred.

Posted via CB10
    Well I guess my God given sense to live in the right country has paid off

08-22-13 05:36 PM
    Sure you can get them for free with 2 year contract but why would you burn a contract? In my mind it is better to pay half price used and save a contract for the 2014 model. Then again I'm trying to sell my gf's z10 with little success.
    08-22-13 05:36 PM
    Just curious as to why you did that?

Search engine optimization, and also to make it VERY clear you were not trying to sell a device outside of the market place. You are in no trouble, just wanted to give you a heads up that I changed it.
    08-22-13 10:10 PM
    I dig your signature .
    Why thank you Marty.

08-23-13 12:01 AM
    Search engine optimization, and also to make it VERY clear you were not trying to sell a device outside of the market place. You are in no trouble, just wanted to give you a heads up that I changed it.
    Seems to me like that is actually changing people's thoughts instead of the way they intend them.

08-23-13 12:04 AM
    Seems to me like that is actually changing people's thoughts instead of the way they intend them.

The title now exactly conveys what the thread is about. We change thread titles all the time. It is NOT a big deal!
    08-23-13 01:17 AM
    [QUOTE=bubbbab;9053141]Well I guess my God given sense to live in the right country has paid off

YES, I agree that Canada is a great country ... and the best Blackberry territory.
    08-23-13 10:12 AM
    They go for 250-300 on my local Kijiji waterloo

Posted via CB10
    08-23-13 10:30 AM
    Need to think on this one. I believe that you've played into the hands of what we use to call Moore's Law. Other than an 18-24 month generation for chips and equally applicable to computers, phones, etc., this law also may be applied to purchasing logic. That is, one can always wait another couple years (or less) and get the prior generation for half price (maybe free) or pay about the same price (as today) for the newest device. You buy what you need today to perform your function, or simply make you happy regardless of function.

SO, unless you think that the Z is inferior today, the smart move is to buy through those carriers with contracts for only $10-20/month more for the line. If a new phone comes out that you have to have before the two years, you can swap (dependent on carrier), or sell the phone and pay the carrier off from residuals, or simply add a second line (usually at a discount) and get the new phone anyway. IN ALL CASES where only 6-9mths of Z10 usage, you should come out way ahead. And, even though BB and carriers have largely honored wty with the widest of definitions, neither BB nor the carrier is responsible for an unlocked 3rd party phone not sold by the respective servicing carrier.

Frankly, this logic is why the Z (and many other phones) simply don't have much stand alone resale value on the open market--and why I and others are unable to sell their Zs.. Most phones are commodities with value only when first introduced--sometimes a couple to 4-5 months-- with a few phones having an "unlocked" value because of demand on a network/carrier that doesn't sell them. (That is, there are so many carriers that offer not only the Z for little/nothing down and $10-20/month x24, but also the Samsungs and Apples--all tied to a contract, of course).

Now, if you desire a BB as a back-up, conversation piece, or toy rather than a primary phone, there might be some reason to pay $400. in the Black market (pun intended)....Still, you need a line for every phone but I guess if you add a (unlocked) phone not purchased with incentive from a carrier to an existing account, I suppose one might be able to pull such phone (and add the 2014 model) with only nominal penalty prior to contract expiration (and have come out slightly ahead in $)!?!

In the end, all the more power if the OP (or anyone) can get $400. for a Z10 today (Hey, if anyone that can sell mine for $400, I'll gladly stake a commission of $100 for you!!).
    08-23-13 10:43 AM
    Need to think on this one. I believe that you've played into the hands of what we use to call Moore's Law. Other than an 18-24 month generation for chips and equally applicable to computers, phones, etc., this law also may be applied to purchasing logic. That is, one can always wait another couple years (or less) and get the prior generation for half price (maybe free) or pay about the same price (as today) for the newest device. You buy what you need today to perform your function, or simply make you happy regardless of function.

SO, unless you think that the Z is inferior today, the smart move is to buy through those carriers with contracts for only $10-20/month more for the line. If a new phone comes out that you have to have before the two years, you can swap (dependent on carrier), or sell the phone and pay the carrier off from residuals, or simply add a second line (usually at a discount) and get the new phone anyway. IN ALL CASES where only 6-9mths of Z10 usage, you should come out way ahead. And, even though BB and carriers have largely honored wty with the widest of definitions, neither BB nor the carrier is responsible for an unlocked 3rd party phone not sold by the respective servicing carrier.

Frankly, this logic is why the Z (and many other phones) simply don't have much stand alone resale value on the open market--and why I and others are unable to sell their Zs.. Most phones are commodities with value only when first introduced--sometimes a couple to 4-5 months-- with a few phones having an "unlocked" value because of demand on a network/carrier that doesn't sell them. (That is, there are so many carriers that offer not only the Z for little/nothing down and $10-20/month x24, but also the Samsungs and Apples--all tied to a contract, of course).

Now, if you desire a BB as a back-up, conversation piece, or toy rather than a primary phone, there might be some reason to pay $400. in the Black market (pun intended)....Still, you need a line for every phone but I guess if you add a (unlocked) phone not purchased with incentive from a carrier to an existing account, I suppose one might be able to pull such phone (and add the 2014 model) with only nominal penalty prior to contract expiration (and have come out slightly ahead in $)!?!

In the end, all the more power if the OP (or anyone) can get $400. for a Z10 today (Hey, if anyone that can sell mine for $400, I'll gladly stake a commission of $100 for you!!).
    I'm still getting calls on these. Are you on Canada?

08-23-13 10:56 AM
    I'm still getting calls on these. Are you on Canada?

No, not in nor on a Canada carrier.
    08-30-13 12:41 PM
    Put mine on craigslist today in Vancouver. 10/10 shape. Original box and all unused accessories. Asking 325. Not a single email. Locked to fido. Will unlock and see if any bites.

Posted via CB10
    08-30-13 12:48 PM
    That's good to know. Hopefully it keeps it's value until iPhone 5S comes out.

Posted via CB10 on my Black Z10.
    Haha, well maybe you can then buy an extra cheap original spare charger for what you get. The only fruit that squeezes you

Posted via CB10
    08-30-13 12:48 PM
    No, not in nor on a Canada carrier.
    Well I guess somebody has to live in the states. if that's where you are.

08-30-13 04:28 PM
    Just bought a one month old Z10 in perfect condition with case and screen protector for $275 delivered. Amazon has factory unlocked phones that are brand new for $392. These are US examples.
    08-30-13 05:00 PM

Good to hear but Ajax is NOT GTA you're too far north, probably why your post required two bumps. Mine is unlocked and running BB10.2 I'm still sketchy about it some oddities with this older 10.2 build (not yesterday's) but I'm liking it too much.

Posted via CB10
    08-30-13 06:02 PM
28 12