OK, fellow Blackberry fans. I'm done. I am going to get a lot of flack about this. I can already see the responses. "Good riddance." "You're doing something wrong." "Blackberry WILL fix it." To those who would insult or denigrate me in that way, here's a tip; Shut up. This post is not for you. It's for people who are thinking about making the jump to BB. You know, not the fanboys, but the new customers who will help BB grow. I know how phones work, I updated the software, I did not load any apps. So it's BBs fault, period. After three 10s (two Z10s, one Q10), all with issues, I think BB has screwed itself. I know how some of the people on this forum are, and your passive/aggressive or frankly nasty comments will be ignored with a supercilious sneer. But anyone thinking about the new Blackberry 10s, here is some information for you to consider.

I am not new to Blackberry. I have been using BB since the 8330, and loved every one of them. Well, the trackball on the 8330 was a little ugly when it got goobered up (kind of like the old ball mice [mouses? I never did figure that one out]), but otherwise they were all amazing. The last one before the 10s was the 9930. THAT was an awesome phone. I even have a Playbook, which seems to have been abandoned by BB, but that's another rant.

Back to the story. I started with the Z10 as soon as it was released. My first experience out of the gate was not good. The keyboard and I frankly never got along. I can see where for some it might be fast to flick for the word completion. But I never got it to work properly. Autocomplete with the spacebar worked all right - a lot like OS7. So I could live with that. Besides, it was new. There are always bugs with new.

But then it started to reboot. And don't tell me it doesn't happen a lot. If that's your opinion, you aren't paying attention or your reality matrix needs some fine tuning. Preferably with a large hammer. Alarms would disappear. The weather live tile disappeared. The final straw was a reboot in the middle of a phone call. Unacceptable. I rely on my phone. I travel. It has to work. It can't crash because the OS is half baked. It can't crash in the middle of a call. Period.

So I sent it back. I waited and then I got the Q10. I love BB keyboards, and when it got here I was in heaven. Man, that's a nice keyboard. I wonder if this guy will reboot. Again, I added no apps. Zero. None. Set a live tile. A few hours later, it's gone. Oh crap. Another POS. It went back.

By now it's been a few months since the Z10 release. There is a thread on the forum saying "Hey! Anyone else notice that the reboots are gone?" And a lot of affirmative replies. This is REALLY encouraging. And the price has dropped! So I got another Z10. Not being completely stupid, again I didn't add apps. I saw that there was a new firmware update, so I installed it. The phone ran all day, no reboots. So I set up a live weather tile, put it on the charger and went to bed. I woke up and, hey - no live tile. The bloody thing rebooted overnight. Oh, and I still can't get the damn keyboard to work for me. I try and try, but no.

I don't want to hear about how "BB is going to fix this, trust them!" This phone is no longer new. They've had plenty of time. It's been out a while and it has a track record of unreliability. That should have been Blackberrys very first priority - listen to the customers problems, and fix the phone so it works properly for everyone.

Blackberry, I love you guys. You make a really nice phone. Or, rather, you did. But you have major, basic issues that you are simply not addressing. OS10 is awesome. It looks great. I love the hub. The phone is responsive. It's the right size. It feels good in the hands. It sounds amazing. I can even live with the funky keyboard. But I cannot live with a half baked OS implementation with a major fault that has yet to be corrected. If this is your attitude towards your customers, you are dead. Breathing and moving, but dead nonetheless. Unless you get on the stick and FIX this thing, you may as well close your doors. Don't bother with the A10. Just pack it in.

To those who want something that works, my recommendation is this; any other phone. Right now I am in love with Windows Phone 8, running on an HTC 8X. The tiles on that are very functional, and it's stable, smooth and fast. The phone is a good, pocket size unlike the monsters Samsung, Nokia and others are making. It looks coherent unlike Android, and allows some customization, unlike iOS. To those who are sticking with BB out of loyalty, hope, or whatever reason, good luck to you. I hope it works out. But I doubt it will.
    06-21-13 06:40 AM
    Meh. My two Z10s work very well indeed and I see no reason to not recommend a BB10 to anyone.

I won't bother to read all that. My general comment is, leave if you're going to.
    Last edited by jrohland; 06-21-13 at 07:48 AM.
    06-21-13 06:51 AM
    Just to clarify, you're not recommending the Z10 based on a perceived likelihood of getting a rebooter? Plus you don't care for the keyboard?
    06-21-13 06:56 AM
    @mikelip I am 99% in agreement with you. I don't like iPhone, any android phone or Windows and rest. That's the only reason why I am putting up with all the flaws of BlackBerry Z10. That's where remaining 1% comes from. If BlackBerry does not fix these problems while my phone warranty exist - I am going to buy John's Phone. Simple and functional.

Posted via CB10
    anon2100101 likes this.
    I see you're on vzw who haven't released the supposed update to fix the rebooting. I agree it's taking them too long, BBRY and vzw. If you hang out here much at all you would know vzw hasn't released the new OS so I say bad on you for buying yet again when you knew the issue hasn't been resolved unless as some claim you install a leak.

I don't have one and will not get one until I see the issues resolved when my contract is up. That is in November and if it isn't resolved by then I think you're right.
    I give you credit. It seems like you gave them plenty of chances and had some serious bad luck. I hope things work out

Posted Via My Most Used BlackBerry App
    cman5, grumpyaeroguy and auditman like this.
    06-21-13 07:01 AM
    Just to clarify, you're not recommending the Z10 based on a perceived likelihood of getting a rebooter? Plus you don't care for the keyboard?
    Not a perceived likelihood. A very good likelihood. The keyboard doesn't matter, as I said I can live with it.
    06-21-13 07:01 AM
    Sorry that you've had a horrible experience with BlackBerry 10, but it's been good for a new OS, not perfect but good!

Posted via CB10
    06-21-13 07:02 AM
    Meh. My two Z10s work very well indeed and I see no reason to not recommend a BB10 to anyone.

I won't bother to read all that. My general comment is, leave if your going to.
    Supercilious sneer, as promised.
    06-21-13 07:02 AM
    I'm on a Z10, had it for almost 3 months. I have plenty of apps installed and use it all day. My phone never randomly reboots. And no, I don't need my reality Matrix or however you called it checked. What you had is bad luck.
    Frankly, you come across as very frustrated and if all it takes is an active frame to disappear on your Q10 to return it, I wonder if you generally react to problems in your life in such an overly dramatic fashion.

Posted via Z10
    06-21-13 07:03 AM
    I understand your frustration.

Posted via CB10
    06-21-13 07:05 AM
    I'm on a Z10, had it for almost 3 months. I have plenty of apps installed and use it all day. My phone never randomly reboots. And no, I don't need my reality Matrix or however you called it checked. What you had is bad luck.
    Frankly, you come across as very frustrated and if all it takes is an active frame to disappear on your Q10 to return it, I wonder if you generally react to problems in your life in such an overly dramatic fashion.

Posted via Z10
    Nope. Not bad luck. I am far from alone. So it's a problem.
    SEAWARRIOR likes this.
    06-21-13 07:06 AM

I won't bother to read all that. My general comment is, leave if your going to.
    Except when you actually use it like this fella did. Recommend all you want but people are not stupid.
    Last edited by BergerKing; 06-21-13 at 03:38 PM.
    06-21-13 07:08 AM
    Sorry that you've had a horrible experience with BlackBerry 10, but it's been good for a new OS, not perfect but good!

Posted via CB10
    And yet another apology on behalf of bb.
    06-21-13 07:09 AM
    We have dozens of Z10s and Q10s in out company and zero have reboots. No OS complaints from users. Only one person doesn't like the phone and that is because she loves her iPhone. All others are very happy with it. That is the truth.

Since you have moved on to another phone and nothing from BB will please you. Please move on. Others have not had your experience and you just sound bitter.
    06-21-13 07:10 AM

Posted via Z10
    What you are is ignorant, which part of his post didn't you get? The phone rebooted in a middle of a call - that call could've been the most important call of his life!

You bb fanboys are a piece of work, at least those iphone or android fanboys can actually brag about their phones because it works, you can't say the same with a bb.
    ihys, dtsolov, kevinnugent and 2 others like this.
    06-21-13 07:13 AM
    OP has an agenda. Ignore him.

Posted via CB10
    06-21-13 07:15 AM
    We have dozens of Z10s and Q10s in out company and zero have reboots. No OS complaints from users. Only one person doesn't like the phone. All others are very happy with it. That is the truth.

Since you have moved on to another phone and nothing from BB will please you. Please move on. Others have not had your experience and you just sound bitter.
    Ignorance is bliss.
    luisoman2000 likes this.
    06-21-13 07:15 AM
    Good riddance. You're doing something wrong. Blackberry WILL fix it.
    06-21-13 07:16 AM
    Lmfao at the OP

Man oh man what a nice try to ruin BlackBerry but it will never work as if you knew anything and read on here.........

The reboots that ONLY SOME PPL get is a carrier issue.

Posted via CB10
    mujahid 10 and CerveloJohn like this.
    Feb 5 release. ZERO reboots, I love my Zed.

Posted via CB10
    We have dozens of Z10s and Q10s in out company and zero have reboots. No OS complaints from users. Only one person doesn't like the phone. All others are very happy with it. That is the truth.
    Good. I'm glad for you. Fact is though there are a lot of people with problems, and that's not going to change because people here deny there is a problem. The reality is that there IS a problem. And I am aware that it doesn't affect everyone but it sure does affect a lot of people. You do not hear about systemic problems on other platforms, or if you do they are acknowledged and addressed quickly. For instance iPhone and their recent battery drain issues - also not affecting every last user, but Apple said yes, there is a problem and they patched it WAAAAAAY faster than BB, who has yet to say yeah, we have a problem.

This response to the problem is pathetic.
    06-21-13 07:17 AM
    Lmfao at the OP

Man oh man what a nice try to ruin BlackBerry but it will never work as if you knew anything and read on here.........

The reboots that ONLY SOME PPL get is a carrier issue.

Posted via CB10
    I read this every day. I've been a user since the 8330. Supercilious sneer. Go away.
    Uncle Remus and dtsolov like this.
    I go through the same struggles every day. I question my OWN loyalty to the BB brand... at what point will I finally just throw my hands up and move on?

Good post Mike... sorry to see you leave the community.
    Good riddance. You're doing something wrong. Blackberry WILL fix it.
    Good job. But you get a sneer anyway.
    Adam Zeis likes this.
    06-21-13 07:18 AM
228 123 ...