Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Things I've noticed in 10.2.1 - Pic app and hub

I just installed the 10.2.1 for my Z10 and in the process I did some organizing of my pics. I ended up creating 14 folders within the Photos folder to organize my pics and figured the pic app will show them all however I've noticed that only 7 are shown. Not really sure if this was always the case but has anyone else seen this behavior? I like how the pic app now shows all folders (well... kinda) right away rather than making you browse to the Photos folder first.

Digging 10.2.1 so far but the hub seems a bit slower to me when Marking all as read and while accessing Work email. Takes like 5-7 to show work emails after entering the password (not that it was fast on 10.1 either). Probably doesn't help that I have about 20k emails in my work inbox.

Anyway, thoughts about the pic app limitation?

are the 7 photos from a certain folder or random?
    ~Matt
    OnePlus One, Nexus 5, Z10 LE, White Lumia 521, 32GB Nook HD+ & 16GB PB, 32 GB Dell Venue 8 Pro
    @howarmat
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    K9K9K9K9K9

I've got 11 folders and they all show up.

Posted via CB10
    I like hanging around dealerships, telling satisfied customers they bought the wrong car.
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

I've got 14 folders total within the Photos folder. Only 7 of the 14 folders (not files) show up in the pic app.

Strange thing is that the ones showing up are not even determined by alphabetical order. I have a folder named "Cars" that's not showing up while another folder named "Friends" is.

All of the folders show up if I use the File manager app though.
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

Also regarding the work emails within the hub. I changed my sync policy from unlimited to 30 days which removed 90% of my emails and it's much snappier now. Hopefully the improved remote search will bridge that gap and still allow me to access older email.
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

Rebooted and all the folders show up now. I'm pretty sure I've rebooted a few times since installing 10.2.1 but any who. All good now.

Thanks.
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    K9K9K9K9K9

Quote Originally Posted by apenay View Post
    Rebooted and all the folders show up now. I'm pretty sure I've rebooted a few times since installing 10.2.1 but any who. All good now.

Thanks.
    Good stuff. Odd why the folders are in no particular order but no biggie.

I noticed it sometimes takes a while for all the folders and files to get properly indexed after installing a new OS. They always eventually appear though.

Posted via CB10
    I like hanging around dealerships, telling satisfied customers they bought the wrong car.