Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By djenkins6
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Is there a way to paste a number into the "dial pad", what about a resend email option?

Can anyone help. There seems to be two functions that I used a lot which are missing on the Z10. Have I missed them?

1. Often I receive an email or text with a phone number in the body of the message, I need to copy the number from the message, go to the Dialling pad dial 141 which withholds my number then paste the copied number into the dial pad. There does not seem to be a way to paste into the dial pad.

2. Also is there a way to "resend now" an email if it fails to send. It seems if an emails fails to send you get a little clock next to the email message as opposed to a tick to say it sent. I have found it seems to take several hours to resend automatically. Is there a way to "resend now".

Thanks in advance.
  2. VR6
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,244 Global Posts

Default Re: Is there a way to paste a number into the "dial pad", what about a resend email option?

Not right now for #1 but BlackBerry knows about that bug so hopefully it will be fixed soon.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    ~VR6

Rogers 7280 -> 7100r -> 8310 -> 9000 -> WiFi Playbook -> 9800 -> 9900 -> Z10 Oreo -> Q5 Maul
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    1,013 Global Posts

I can't test it right now because I don't have any unsent messages but for 2 don't you just touch and hold on the message? I'm pretty sure that's how I did it when my message didn't do through
    Click on the link below for some great free Blackberry Themes

The Theme Zone
    http://thethemezone.blogspot.com
    Banned

Global Posts
    3,077 Global Posts

This has been documented and (as said) forwarded to BlackBerry. You can't always touch and hold and there is no way to cut and paste into the dialer.
    Couple of other threads on this. It can't be done now.
    CrackBerry Master

I got a phone number in my email once and I was able to just click on it to make the call.

Secondly, for sms I know that if a message fails to send, I can hold it and a resend option will pop up from the right

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    Bold 9000 -> iPhone 5 -> White Z10 -> Passport
    Playbook 16GB
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

Ok, many thanks. Shame, two very important functions in my opinion.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    1,013 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TCinBraintree View Post
    Ok, many thanks. Shame, two very important functions in my opinion.
    Two? Which two? You mean one?
    Click on the link below for some great free Blackberry Themes

The Theme Zone
    http://thethemezone.blogspot.com
    CrackBerry User

I found that my unsent emails would automatically send when they found a connection. In fact I was quite please I didn't have to do the resend now

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    ---
    JetDrivR
    Turning money into noise since 1995
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #9  

One: There seems no way to paste into dial pad. And two there is no way to resend an email that has failed to send, you have to wait, and I have found the waiting to be quite long. Just found another missing important function for me, there seems to be no way to dial a number from within the text of an appointment entered into the calendar app. Who on earth tested these machines? Obviously not every day business users, in my opinion.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    382 Global Posts

Wow this is a little crazy. I run my company on the go with my bb. I am buying it since I can afford it, but giving it one month and if it doesn't work I am jumping ship to iOS. This is after 10 years of RiM. Gone goes our company bes as well if so. Hope I am not disappointed
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,804 Global Posts

I agree that you should be able to paste into the dial pad, but you don't have to go to the dial pad to call.

Highlight the number in the email, long press and one of the options in the menu is call.

If you need to keep the contact you could also create a new contact, and then dial the contact.

Posted via CB10
    kccman likes this.
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    24C92066

Quote Originally Posted by djenkins6 View Post
    I agree that you should be able to paste into the dial pad, but you don't have to go to the dial pad to call.

Highlight the number in the email, long press and one of the options in the menu is call.

If you need to keep the contact you could also create a new contact, and then dial the contact.

Posted via CB10
    Yup this works for sure. Was about to post the solution after reading the OP.

BBM Channel C00114265
    CrackBerry User

To be able to paste numbers copied is a very important function. Imagine you have a number from email or from contact, then you need to edit the prefix prior to calling since you might want to call via a cheaper line (ip line). Eg. 019 XX XX XXX. Even Windows phone can do it. And of course many others. This is very basic which exist for BB since the early days. How can they miss such important function? I am disappointed. Have to see if there is any update to address this. Also you cannot even copy the number from Contact! What a shame. A simple long press on the number with option to copy will be fine. Most phones today have this.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

PIN
    27F48177

One: There seems no way to paste into dial pad. And two there is no way to resend an email that has failed to send, you have to wait, and I have found the waiting to be quite long. Just found another missing important function for me, there seems to be no way to dial a number from within the text of an appointment entered into the calendar app. Who on earth tested these machines? Obviously not every day business users, in my opinion.
    There is a resend button that pops out from the side if you hold your finger on the email. Alternatively you can tap refresh that has the same effect.
    CrackBerry Genius

So you think if you don't like BlackBerry 10 then you'll jump ship to iOS? Have fun if you do so and we'll see you again soon =)

Quote Originally Posted by centurionPizza View Post
    Wow this is a little crazy. I run my company on the go with my bb. I am buying it since I can afford it, but giving it one month and if it doesn't work I am jumping ship to iOS. This is after 10 years of RiM. Gone goes our company bes as well if so. Hope I am not disappointed

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Master

I need to copy the number from the message, go to the Dialling pad dial 141 which withholds my number then paste the copied number into the dial pad. There does not seem to be a way to paste into the dial pad.
    I wrote a little app to do this: Clipboard Dialer. It scans your clipboard for phone numbers and allows you to call or text them, add to contacts etc. Also works by selecting a paragraph or two in your browser or e-mail, tapping the text and sharing it with Clipboard Dialer.