Is there a way to paste a number into the "dial pad", what about a resend email option?
Can anyone help. There seems to be two functions that I used a lot which are missing on the Z10. Have I missed them?
1. Often I receive an email or text with a phone number in the body of the message, I need to copy the number from the message, go to the Dialling pad dial 141 which withholds my number then paste the copied number into the dial pad. There does not seem to be a way to paste into the dial pad.
2. Also is there a way to "resend now" an email if it fails to send. It seems if an emails fails to send you get a little clock next to the email message as opposed to a tick to say it sent. I have found it seems to take several hours to resend automatically. Is there a way to "resend now".
Thanks in advance.
- 02-16-2013, 12:37 PM #2
Re: Is there a way to paste a number into the "dial pad", what about a resend email option?
Not right now for #1 but BlackBerry knows about that bug so hopefully it will be fixed soon.
Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2~VR6
Rogers 7280 -> 7100r -> 8310 -> 9000 -> WiFi Playbook -> 9800 -> 9900 -> Z10 Oreo
- 02-16-2013, 01:04 PM #3
I can't test it right now because I don't have any unsent messages but for 2 don't you just touch and hold on the message? I'm pretty sure that's how I did it when my message didn't do through
- CrackBerry Master
02-16-2013, 01:18 PM #5
- 1,108 Posts
I got a phone number in my email once and I was able to just click on it to make the call.
Secondly, for sms I know that if a message fails to send, I can hold it and a resend option will pop up from the right
Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10Bold 9000 ->
iPhone 5-> White Z10 -> Passport
One: There seems no way to paste into dial pad. And two there is no way to resend an email that has failed to send, you have to wait, and I have found the waiting to be quite long. Just found another missing important function for me, there seems to be no way to dial a number from within the text of an appointment entered into the calendar app. Who on earth tested these machines? Obviously not every day business users, in my opinion.
- 02-23-2013, 08:30 PM #10
Wow this is a little crazy. I run my company on the go with my bb. I am buying it since I can afford it, but giving it one month and if it doesn't work I am jumping ship to iOS. This is after 10 years of RiM. Gone goes our company bes as well if so. Hope I am not disappointed
- 02-23-2013, 08:44 PM #11
I agree that you should be able to paste into the dial pad, but you don't have to go to the dial pad to call.
Highlight the number in the email, long press and one of the options in the menu is call.
If you need to keep the contact you could also create a new contact, and then dial the contact.
Posted via CB10
- CrackBerry User
03-14-2013, 04:29 AM #13
- 25 Posts
To be able to paste numbers copied is a very important function. Imagine you have a number from email or from contact, then you need to edit the prefix prior to calling since you might want to call via a cheaper line (ip line). Eg. 019 XX XX XXX. Even Windows phone can do it. And of course many others. This is very basic which exist for BB since the early days. How can they miss such important function? I am disappointed. Have to see if there is any update to address this. Also you cannot even copy the number from Contact! What a shame. A simple long press on the number with option to copy will be fine. Most phones today have this.
- CrackBerry Master
04-12-2013, 12:00 AM #16
- 1,273 Posts
I wrote a little app to do this: Clipboard Dialer. It scans your clipboard for phone numbers and allows you to call or text them, add to contacts etc. Also works by selecting a paragraph or two in your browser or e-mail, tapping the text and sharing it with Clipboard Dialer.
- By jaymzb0nd in forum BlackBerry Curve 8900Replies: 3Last Post: 03-22-2010, 05:49 PM
- By mitch23 in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 9Last Post: 09-14-2009, 08:58 AM
- By gloriamariesexton in forum BlackBerry Pearl 8100Replies: 2Last Post: 07-06-2009, 07:14 PM
- By nrkelly in forum BlackBerry OS AppsReplies: 9Last Post: 05-12-2008, 11:37 AM
- By stayfly in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 5Last Post: 05-08-2008, 12:12 AM