Was wondering if RIM sell directly to custmer....
    Last edited by Alain_A; 12-28-12 at 09:52 AM.
    12-28-12 09:35 AM
    If you know someone who works for RIM, then yes you can order through RIM.
    12-28-12 10:18 AM
    Is this the dumbest question ever?? Of course you can't buy BB10 directly from RIM.
    elibohnert and convenor like this.
    12-28-12 11:46 AM
    you can't buy BB10!, what are they going to do, send it to you on a CD?? You can only get BB10 on the new handsets and directly on your playbook once it is released for the playbook.
    12-28-12 11:47 AM
    Is this the dumbest question ever?? Of course you can't buy BB10 directly from RIM.
    Think he meant the phone it's self and its not a dumb question you can buy the nexus from google,you pretentious *****
    12-28-12 12:01 PM
    Your post count says it all. Being a member of this community means there are no dumb questions. This is the backbone of CrackBerry.com, a place where ANYONE can come and get answers or receive help on Anything BlackBerry related.
    antiRIM, Flexin, robkd and 18 others like this.
    12-28-12 12:13 PM
    RIM's customers are the carrier networks. They will have signed agreements preventing them from selling directly to the public. You can buy directly but only from a carrier.
    12-28-12 12:20 PM
    Why are people being assholes. You can buy a Nexus from Google on their store. You can buy Apple on their site, why is it such a dumb question about being able to buy off RIM's site? I would love to be able to do that. I have not heard if it will be able to(or not able to) yet.
    12-28-12 12:20 PM
    Was wondering if RIM sell directly to custmer....
    RIM has stores in other countries. Wonder if people there could buy it directly once RIM make them available. Hmm, very interesting.
    12-28-12 12:43 PM
    Why are people being assholes. You can buy a Nexus from Google on their store. You can buy Apple on their site, why is it such a dumb question about being able to buy off RIM's site? I would love to be able to do that. I have not heard if it will be able to(or not able to) yet.
    The question was "Can I buy BB10 directly from RIM" BB10 is an OS not a phone.. Can you go to the Apple store and buy JUST THE OS?
    12-28-12 12:52 PM
    The question was "Can I buy BB10 directly from RIM" BB10 is an OS not a phone.. Can you go to the Apple store and buy JUST THE OS?
    Now you're just being pedantic. It's assumed that he meant BB10 phones, not the OS. Please, learn to read things beyond their literal meaning.
    12-28-12 01:04 PM
    you can't buy BB10!, what are they going to do, send it to you on a CD?? You can only get BB10 on the new handsets and directly on your playbook once it is released for the playbook.
    you *****............... in this title of threads it says "Forum->Blackberry Hub->Blackberry Z10 (L-Series)->
    OF COURSE I WAS TALKING ABOUT THE PHONE
    teryd, robkd, anon(375378) and 2 others like this.
    12-28-12 01:12 PM
    I remember being a new guy when I first switched to a Blackberry and joined this site. Posts like this just about scared me off.

As stated there are no dumb questions here, but it looks like there are sometimes dumb answers.
    12-28-12 01:39 PM
    you *****............... in this title of threads it says "Forum->Blackberry Hub->Blackberry Z10 (L-Series)->
    OF COURSE I WAS TALKING ABOUT THE PHONE
    I liked your question.
    Like someone on here said: There are no stupid questions, just an occasional stupid answer. 'nuff said.
    borbella and Branta like this.
    12-28-12 01:43 PM
    I don't think this is a stupid question at all. Anyone who has answered "Yes" simply because they assume or it makes sense to them should probably keep their opinion to themselves.

Bla1ze is the first comment on the post about Rogers preorders and he said he ordered 2 BB10 phones through Rogers. I don't think he would have done that if RIM was selling phones to employees. The crackberry.com guys all have connections all up and down RIM, so I think the phones have to be sold through carriers. I haven't asked anyone to confirm this yet though.
    jakie55 likes this.
    12-28-12 01:51 PM
    Alain, sorry you got dragged through all this muck just trying an ask an simple question. Don't get discouraged though, being an open community, there are always going to be those that feel the need to express their opinions and not have a complete grasp how to treat people, especially new members. Most here will try to help when possible and if not, will try to lead you to someone who can. Welcome to CrackBerry.
    Jince, ctuffy, Branta and 3 others like this.
    12-28-12 03:40 PM
    thanks i am not offended.....as i replyed to him..not afraid here...used to be bb user i let that go cause i had hard time with the physical k-board and still have the bb9700...so now i am probably coming back for the full screen...i had their first full screen before but broke within a year..hope the new one would be much better..

Alain, sorry you got dragged through all this muck just trying an ask an simple question. Don't get discouraged though, being an open community, there are always going to be those that feel the need to express their opinions and not have a complete grasp how to treat people, especially new members. Most here will try to help when possible and if not, will try to lead you to someone who can. Welcome to CrackBerry.
    12-28-12 04:10 PM
    alright how bout you all stop arguing. i am going to send some poeple to the corner for the weekend.
    anon(375378) and homer1475 like this.
    12-28-12 04:37 PM
    Due to close ties with carriers, I doubt you'll see BB10 being sold directly from RIM. I hope to pick up a Z10 off Craigslist on launch day (or soon after).
    12-28-12 04:43 PM
    I remember being a new guy when I first switched to a Blackberry and joined this site. Posts like this just about scared me off.

As stated there are no dumb questions here, but it looks like there are sometimes dumb answers.
    Almost 20 years ago I was a member of a forum where "the only dumb question is the one never asked". That was one of the best ever lessons of my online life, and the start of the slippery slope to becoming a moderator.
    12-28-12 04:46 PM
    This is in the Z10 forums, the Z10 has BB10, put it together.
    12-28-12 04:50 PM
    I have a family member working at rim, they will have the phone and its price on the site but once you hit 'buy now' they will direct you to the carriers that sell it. sorry to say it
    borbella likes this.
    12-28-12 04:54 PM
    Why is it a dumb question? RIM has always sold devices direct if you know where to look. In fact, until recently there was a page listed right on the RIM site. Recently, they removed that option but it can still be processed under a certain number of conditions. ie: Carrier support is not so great in your country, you know a RIM employee who can order off employee pricing, you're a BES customer attached to a larger corp. account. It's a very reasonable question considering the past history of it being an option that has now been removed for 'consumers'. You might want to check your attitude at the door -- I'm far less tolerant than the rest of the mod team these days and it's best to not attract my attention... Just sayin'
    12-28-12 06:59 PM
    Bla1ze is the first comment on the post about Rogers preorders and he said he ordered 2 BB10 phones through Rogers. I don't think he would have done that if RIM was selling phones to employees. The crackberry.com guys all have connections all up and down RIM, so I think the phones have to be sold through carriers. I haven't asked anyone to confirm this yet though.
    I order through sites because carriers need to see numbers. 'Preorder' numbers show there is a market and ensure continued support.
    12-28-12 07:07 PM
    I order through sites because carriers need to see numbers. 'Preorder' numbers show there is a market and ensure continued support.
    That explains it and is a great reason to reserve through Rogers. Thanks for clearing that up! For my wallet I may try to order through a RIM employee though
    12-28-12 10:21 PM
52 123