After digging through the forum for any related topics, unfortunately, I couldn't find one that helped me.

There are podcast files that I need to download from the college every week. They are mp3 files. I'm trying to upload them to my Z10, but don't want to mix them with my music.

ITunes has this option where u can label any mp3 file as a podcast, and it will be displayed as podcast on iPhone and ipad. In addition, the podcast won't mix with mp3 music. Well, I have an ipad, and I use this feature. But I can't always listen to my ipad. So I'm looking for a way to do this on my Z10.

Any suggestion?

Ps. Before someone suggests Nobex, Podcast etc. like other posts recommended, I'd like to point out that they only work if the podcast is published with an address.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Aleij Barb; 03-24-14 at 03:24 AM.
    03-23-14 11:53 PM
    Can't you set your BB to have iTunes manage your music? Wouldn't that solve the problem?
    03-24-14 08:21 AM
    While I have no verified this method, supposedly, you can place a Zero byte file in a folder that will stop the music app from finding/listing the files. The file name is

.nomedia

That is a PERIOD (dot)nomedia

If it works, you would have to locate the files using the File Manager or other method to play them.
    03-24-14 09:21 AM
    While I have no verified this method, supposedly, you can place a Zero byte file in a folder that will stop the music app from finding/listing the files. The file name is

.nomedia

That is a PERIOD (dot)nomedia

If it works, you would have to locate the files using the File Manager or other method to play them.
    Thanks but I was hoping an app can do that. It seems cumbersome having to switch between file manager and music player just to select next file; dangerous doing so while driving too. In addition, since they are mp3 files, won't music player pick up music again when one podcast ends?

Can't you set your BB to have iTunes manage your music? Wouldn't that solve the problem?
    I'm already using iTunes to manage. Problem is Z10 doesnt know the difference between mp3 that are labeled podcast and music. In fact, blackberry link only can see my music playlist, not podcast.

Posted via CB10
    03-24-14 01:53 PM
    kalemsoft can play all files in an individual folders.
    03-24-14 08:47 PM
    kalemsoft can play all files in an individual folders.
    Thanks. Not sure if I would shell out $5 on podcast listening when apple can do this for free.

Posted via CB10
    03-24-14 11:25 PM
    Thanks. Not sure if I would shell out $5 on podcast listening when apple can do this for free.

Posted via CB10
    Yes, it is a pricy app. But it also is a pretty good video player that can play some video formats that the Z10's native player cannot do.

I suspect that there are some other similar apps but I don't know of any specifically.
    03-25-14 12:05 AM