Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 17 of 17
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By shabbs
  • 1 Post By M.Rizk
  • 1 Post By shabbs
  • 1 Post By jrobertson73
  1. Frehley's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    247 Posts
    Global Posts
    274 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

    Default Is there a definitive answer to if the @blackberry.net is available on BB10

    Sorry if I am rehashing this question, but I have not come across a definitive answer. ANY help would be appreciated. My unlocked Rogers Z10 is scheduled to be delivered tomorrow.

    Thanks!
    Black Q10, White Z10 and the mighty Z30
  2. shabbs's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,362 Posts
    PIN
    It feels snappier...
    #2  

    Default

    The answer is no. That email address was tied to BIS. BIS is no longer part of the equation with BB10.
    [shabbs]
    BlackBerry Z10/STL100-3 [OS v10.2.1.3175]
    BlackBerry PlayBook 32GB [OS v2.1.0.1753]
    BergerKing likes this.
  3. Frehley's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    247 Posts
    Global Posts
    274 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shabbs View Post
    The answer is no. That email address was tied to BIS. BIS is no longer part of the equation with BB10.
    I thought that I had read, here on Crackberry, that when activating your new BB10 device, (I'm on AT&T with an unlocked Rogers device due to arrive tomorrow) that the carrier would offer the option of continuing the BlackBerry data plan or accepting the "standard" wireless and data plan. Let me know if I have misread, or misunderstood.

    Thanks.
    Black Q10, White Z10 and the mighty Z30
  4. M.Rizk's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    794 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,087 Global Posts
    PIN
    28A8F06E
    #4  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frehley View Post
    I thought that I had read, here on Crackberry, that when activating your new BB10 device, (I'm on AT&T with an unlocked Rogers device due to arrive tomorrow) that the carrier would offer the option of continuing the BlackBerry data plan or accepting the "standard" wireless and data plan. Let me know if I have misread, or misunderstood.

    Thanks.
    Short Story: Rogers lied.
    Long Story: Rogers is offering BIS with Streaming enabled. Streaming means your BlackBerry OS(Legacy devices) can use Rogers APN to stream Youtube, and access any other website not only streaming. BIS on Rogers will work yes because the BlackBerry 10 will use Rogers APN to do everything. But will not use the real BIS part inside the Half fake BIS plan. So the final point is No BlackBerry 10 doesn't support BIS at least for now.
    Thanked by 2:
    Frehley (02-07-2013),  world traveler and former ceo (02-10-2013) 
    BergerKing likes this.
  5. shabbs's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,362 Posts
    PIN
    It feels snappier...
    #5  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frehley View Post
    I thought that I had read, here on Crackberry, that when activating your new BB10 device, (I'm on AT&T with an unlocked Rogers device due to arrive tomorrow) that the carrier would offer the option of continuing the BlackBerry data plan or accepting the "standard" wireless and data plan. Let me know if I have misread, or misunderstood.
    Yes, you can continue with your old BB data plan, it will still work, but you won't have the email address that came with the BIS setup. This is what I did when I upgraded. Rogers does mention in it's FAQ that you can setup forwarding for your blackerry.net email address for 1 year to ensure you don't miss anything.

    http://www.rogers.com/web/Rogers.por...upport_results

    If you have stuff being sent to it, suggest you have it sent to a different email address.
    [shabbs]
    BlackBerry Z10/STL100-3 [OS v10.2.1.3175]
    BlackBerry PlayBook 32GB [OS v2.1.0.1753]
    BergerKing likes this.
  6. Frehley's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    247 Posts
    Global Posts
    274 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shabbs View Post
    Yes, you can continue with your old BB data plan, it will still work, but you won't have the email address that came with the BIS setup. This is what I did when I upgraded. Rogers does mention in it's FAQ that you can setup forwarding for your blackerry.net email address for 1 year to ensure you don't miss anything.

    http://www.rogers.com/web/Rogers.por...upport_results

    If you have stuff being sent to it, suggest you have it sent to a different email address.
    Thanks shabbs, so if I understand correctly, I will cannot create the @blackberry.net email account on my new Z10, but I can configure it to forward any email sent to the @blackberry address to another another email account?

    Thanks for all of the help!!
    Black Q10, White Z10 and the mighty Z30
    Thanked by:
  7. jrobertson73's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    49 Posts
    #7  

    Default

    I was notified today from Telus bis account will be gone in 1 year, they are giving a Web interface for checking mail so you can update contacts for 1 year

    Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    Thanked by:
    Frehley (02-07-2013) 
    BergerKing likes this.
  8. shabbs's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,362 Posts
    PIN
    It feels snappier...
    #8  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frehley View Post
    Thanks shabbs, so if I understand correctly, I will cannot create the @blackberry.net email account on my new Z10, but I can configure it to forward any email sent to the @blackberry address to another another email account?
    Correct, you can't add the @blackberry.net email config to your Z10. The forwarding service was provided by Rogers on their web site. Not sure if any other carrier is doing the same thing. This would apply only if you have an existing @blackberry.net email address with Rogers.
    [shabbs]
    BlackBerry Z10/STL100-3 [OS v10.2.1.3175]
    BlackBerry PlayBook 32GB [OS v2.1.0.1753]
    Thanked by:
    Frehley (02-07-2013) 
  9. cnote2's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    71 Posts
    #9  

    Default

    when i tried to add my @blackberry.net email to my z10 it said it was not compatible .. and i havent changed my plan yet ...
  10. Frehley's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    247 Posts
    Global Posts
    274 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #10  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shabbs View Post
    Correct, you can't add the @blackberry.net email config to your Z10. The forwarding service was provided by Rogers on their web site. Not sure if any other carrier is doing the same thing. This would apply only if you have an existing @blackberry.net email address with Rogers.
    Thanks again shabbs and jrobertson73...you have provided exceptional advice!

    Ooops, I should have asked if I need to set up the forwarding of incoming emails to the @blackberry.net address prior to activating the Z10.

    Thanks to all for your help!
    Last edited by Frehley; 02-07-2013 at 09:09 PM.
    Black Q10, White Z10 and the mighty Z30
    Thanked by:
    jrobertson73 (02-07-2013) 
  11. lunaticwithin's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    633 Posts
    Global Posts
    634 Global Posts
    #11  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cnote2 View Post
    when i tried to add my @blackberry.net email to my z10 it said it was not compatible .. and i havent changed my plan yet ...
    As others have said, the @blackberry.net email does not work on the new BB10 phones. Your carrier should be offering a way to setup forwarding for one year.
  12. Bold_until_Hybrid_Comes's Avatar
    Waterloo's Finest

    Posts
    5,341 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,370 Global Posts
    #12  

    Default

    You cannot sign up for a blackberry.net email on a bb10 device. If you previously had one on a bb7 or older device they will forward your emails of that blackberry.net account to another email address on your bb10 for one year. When that "one year" started I do not know. I suspect about Feb 2014 they will stop forwarding.
    Phones: Nokia 5110>Nokia 3360>Siemens C56>Moto RAZR>LG Chocolate>Pearl 8100>Bold 9000 >Pearl 9100 + Bold 9900 > iPhone 4S + Z10 + Bold 9000
    Tablets: 16GB Playbook > Playbook 32GB
    __________________________________________________ _________________________

    CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE SEXY GIRLS IN YOGA PANTS CHANNEL

    C000288CC
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________
  13. BergerKing's Avatar

    Posts
    30,610 Posts
    Global Posts
    31,864 Global Posts
    PIN
    By request.
    #13  

    Default

    Since BIS made the BlackBerry legacy devices the actual 'server' for the blackberry.net email address, and the only place you could actually retrieve an email was on your handheld, without 10 being tied to BIS any longer, the forwarding would be the only way to get those emails. BIS is going bye-bye, it is inevitable, and it is time to embrace the future.
    Report Button, not just for the bad things!
    Devices: SPH-A620/VGA 1000, Sanyo Katana, BlackBerry 8330, 9630, 9670, MB855 Photon, SPH-L710 Galaxy SIII. SPH-L720 Galaxy S4
    Bacon is duct tape for food!
  14. M.Rizk's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    794 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,087 Global Posts
    PIN
    28A8F06E
    #14  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BergerKing View Post
    Since BIS made the BlackBerry legacy devices the actual 'server' for the blackberry.net email address, and the only place you could actually retrieve an email was on your handheld, without 10 being tied to BIS any longer, the forwarding would be the only way to get those emails. BIS is going bye-bye, it is inevitable, and it is time to embrace the future.
    It wish your generic Data Plan embraces your Roaming Bill. lol
  15. smoothrunnings's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,480 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,481 Global Posts
    #15  

    Default

    You MUST understand that BIS is gonzo it will not work with BB10 devices for the simple reason that BB10 devices aren't the same thing as your 9900. Inside you need to add your email accounts to your Z10. Like others have already said you need to get in contact with your carrier to find out if they will provide BB10 customers with a way to forward their @blackberry.net email to their BB10 devices for the time being, this will be a temporary solution for you to tell all your @blackberry.net friends via email to stop emailing you at @blackberry.net.
  16. Bla1ze's Avatar
    Editor in Chief

    Posts
    11,204 Posts
    Global Posts
    11,443 Global Posts
    #16  
    Answers are easy. It's asking the right questions which is hard. - The Doctor

    [ Mobile Nations Sites: Android, iOS, Windows Phone, BlackBerry, Connectedly]
    Thanked by 2:
    shabbs (02-10-2013),  world traveler and former ceo (02-10-2013) 
  17. shabbs's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,362 Posts
    PIN
    It feels snappier...
    #17  

    Default

    Great article Bla1ze. Has links to all the carriers' forwarding pages for those who want to set it up.
    [shabbs]
    BlackBerry Z10/STL100-3 [OS v10.2.1.3175]
    BlackBerry PlayBook 32GB [OS v2.1.0.1753]

Similar Threads

  1. Is there a faster way to lock the screen?
    By Marc21 in forum BlackBerry Torch 9800
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-09-2010, 12:52 PM
  2. is there a shortcut key to reboot the pearl?
    By vincentnyc in forum BlackBerry Pearl 81xx
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-27-2010, 03:39 PM
  3. is there a free app to change the LED color for alerts?
    By GarrettBlackBerry in forum BlackBerry OS Apps
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 04-22-2009, 08:29 AM
  4. Is there a definitive answer on build quality?
    By garment69 in forum BlackBerry Storm
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 12-17-2008, 04:41 PM
  5. Is there any other way to access the info inside the device w/o DM-Roxio?
    By Morenina in forum General BlackBerry Discussion
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 07-24-2008, 02:36 PM

Posting Permissions