Here is the deal: I'm from Brazil and 10.1 os in my carrier (vivo) was taking too long to come, but my girlfriend carrier (Oi) is already available. So, I just putted her sim card in my device and upgrade my os to 10.1. Is there any problem for doing that? I mean, apparently is everything okay in my phone. The only difference now is that every time a turn my phone on and off it shows her carrier logo.

Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    07-07-13 10:10 PM
    While I've heard of people saying that a carrier won't accept a returned phone that isn't using the official release, I've never actually been affected by it. Personally I use whichever OS is the most recent and could care less where it came from.
    07-07-13 10:16 PM
    Ok. But, for example, when my carrier release it 10.1 version, it will let me know normally and I will be able to update to my original carrier os version? I mean, for my carrier its like I'm still using os 10.0, right?

Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    07-07-13 10:22 PM
    As soon as your carrier releases a version higher than what you're running, you'll be able to update.
    07-07-13 10:25 PM
    Here is the deal: I'm from Brazil and 10.1 os in my carrier (vivo) was taking too long to come, but my girlfriend carrier (Oi) is already available. So, I just putted her sim card in my device and upgrade my os to 10.1. Is there any problem for doing that? I mean, apparently is everything okay in my phone. The only difference now is that every time a turn my phone on and off it shows her carrier logo.

Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    I bought an AT&T locked Z10 from eBay and then got it officially unlocked by At&t. After doing so, i temporarily plugged in a T-mobile sim card and upgraded to 10.1 about three weeks ago and my phone is running flawlessly. Data, phone calls, apps, email and text messages all coming through. So from my experience, it is just fine to do so since both carriers use the STL-100-3 model in the US.
    07-07-13 10:42 PM
    Great to hear that. But, when at&t release its official 10.1 os, it will advice you normally and you will be able to update or they will advice you about 10.2 only? I may be wrong, but just think it must be better to have your carrier os installed in your device.

Posted via CB10
    07-07-13 10:50 PM
    Great to hear that. But, when at&t release its official 10.1 os, it will advice you normally and you will be able to update or they will advice you about 10.2 only? I may be wrong, but just think it must be better to have your carrier os installed in your device.

Posted via CB10
    You're likely right of having my carrier OS installed on my device, but then again I honestly can't see waiting for months and months for AT&T to release 10.1 as it still is not out yet. Now imagine with the HUGE changes in 10.2 do you think At&t will quickly release that? They will sit on it for probably 3 months before releasing it. I plan on buying a Telus sim card off eBay and updating my phone to 10.2 when it comes out likely in late September or October. Telus also uses STL100-3.
    07-07-13 11:04 PM
    I see. Some carries can be really slow. It's my case. I couldn't wait anymore for my carrier too. I was just a bit worried about what could happen to my phone, but as you said I think there's no problem as soon it's the same device model. I just would like to refresh my 10.1 os when my carrier release it. Hope they can let me know anyway.

Posted via CB10
    07-07-13 11:15 PM