Texts and Word Substitution.
I'd early on noticed how my Z10 would change random words...for instance...are became ate,
your became tour etc. So one wet Monday morning when I had nothing better to do than chew my bottom lip, I sat with note pad and pen and did a few posts on the BlackBerry help page, and a few on Twitter and caught most rogue words on paper. It was most satisfying to then go into word Substitution and type the word I wanted in both top and bottom boxes....eliminating the silly exchange forever.
However, the other day I found myself at hosp with my beloved Curve at home and the Z10 in my bag....id taken it out to show it off...and I had to be texting family with the Z10. For some strange reason my word Substitution efforts didn't seem to be recognised when I was texting.
I haven't worked out yet why I have control of the word issue in postings and Twitter, but not in texts. I will no doubt find some plausible reason....or make something up lol...but ID anyone would like to contribute on ideas they would be welcome.
Posted via CB10
- CrackBerry Abuser
06-29-13, 03:25 PM #3
- 254 Posts
Mine does the same, are always becomes ate and it annoys me so much! Lots of other words do it too, I'm trying to teach it out of it! I might have to do the substitute thing, aka manually tell the phone that are is are and stuff.
Posted via CB10
- 06-29-13, 06:29 PM #7
Oh, I've been having similar problems, but mine I have French as a second input. It likes to put in "th" instead of "the", regardless of my word substitution setup. Very bizarre considering I'm a coffee drinker and never have conversations about tea!
Posted via CB10 on Z10
- By agp101 in forum Buy, Sell, Trade - Sold / ArchivedReplies: 4Last Post: 07-02-13, 11:24 PM
- By 2KDarkness in forum BlackBerry 10 AppsReplies: 2Last Post: 07-02-13, 07:32 AM
- By quik4life in forum BlackBerry Z10Replies: 4Last Post: 06-29-13, 10:38 PM
- By chrysaurora in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 4Last Post: 06-29-13, 05:11 PM
- By Bairdo in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 7Last Post: 06-29-13, 03:39 PM