Is it possibble to text over bluetooth though bridge at all on any BB device?

I have my bold 9000 which i last night updated BBM and Bridge to the latest ones out, wow was it ever an update as i have not used any of those
    apps for like 3-4 years on the bold 9000.

Anyways no sim in the phone, so i was able to bridge and see all the bridge stuff like text, contacts .... etc.

I was able to use the remote control with no SIM that was cool.

Now when it came to texting i was able to open up the text on the playbook, but there was no SEND BUTTON to send text, is this because NO SIM in the phone for texting plan? Also why can't you use BBM over bluetooth without a SIM card/plan?

So my plan was to use my Bold 9000 for bridge right now until the Playbook was updated to do so, bu it appears that is impossible without having a
    PLAN/Sim card.
    03-10-13 09:11 AM
    Is it possibble to text over bluetooth though bridge at all on any BB device?

I have my bold 9000 which i last night updated BBM and Bridge to the latest ones out, wow was it ever an update as i have not used any of those
    apps for like 3-4 years on the bold 9000.

Anyways no sim in the phone, so i was able to bridge and see all the bridge stuff like text, contacts .... etc.

I was able to use the remote control with no SIM that was cool.

Now when it came to texting i was able to open up the text on the playbook, but there was no SEND BUTTON to send text, is this because NO SIM in the phone for texting plan? Also why can't you use BBM over bluetooth without a SIM card/plan?

So my plan was to use my Bold 9000 for bridge right now until the Playbook was updated to do so, bu it appears that is impossible without having a
    PLAN/Sim card.
    Just hit the return key/button and it sends your text.
    03-10-13 09:14 AM
    Just hit the return key/button and it sends your text.
    No it only deletes the text which is typed in the box, it's acting like the delete button does but erases it all at once.

So no like I stated no simple card installed, means no data plan or text plan.

Can someone confirm this for me?

so basically I guess you can not text over bluetooth alone?

Which by the way ducks that you can't and not even BBM over bluetooth alone.

Remember this is bridged I am talking about.
    03-10-13 10:33 AM
    So just so I'm clear, you are asking if you can text over bridge, from your pb, through a phone with no sim card? The answer is no. You can see the old messages that are stored on the phone but cannot use it like that anymore.

Posted via CB10
    der_mit likes this.
    03-10-13 10:51 AM
    correct. you also mentioned a plan. yes you have to have a blackberry plan to use bbm, either on phone or with playbook. that is still using the phone. the playbook is just remotely using it. everything still goes through the phone with bridge
    der_mit likes this.
    03-10-13 11:14 AM
    So just so I'm clear, you are asking if you can text over bridge, from your pb, through a phone with no sim card? The answer is no. You can see the old messages that are stored on the phone but cannot use it like that anymore.

Posted via CB10
    Thats what I thought so I need a plan to text and or bbm.

This is sad as I hate to use pay as you go just to have texting over bridge to work until pb gets updated to bb10 so my z10 will work.

Also are you saying even with a plan you can no longer send text only read them now?

Or stating we could before bbm and text without a simple/plan over bridge/bluetooth?

Thks
    03-10-13 11:37 AM
    correct. you also mentioned a plan. yes you have to have a blackberry plan to use bbm, either on phone or with playbook. that is still using the phone. the playbook is just remotely using it. everything still goes through the phone with bridge
    Yeah thks for info I figured this, but wanted confirmation, so I am not going to load up a pay as you go unless I can find a cheap dirt cheap pay as you go plan somewhere until pb is updated to bb10 so my z10 will work.

Oh my BB 9000 is unlocked factory so I can hookup anywhere, but price is the issue.

I just want to send text is all and maybe bbm at times while on PlayBook bridged.
    03-10-13 11:42 AM
    Thats right NAPP and CJ:
    What I am finding recently on these forums is (and this is not directed to the OP)
    people buying a unlocked Z10, putting any old sim into it and then setting it up through WI-FI,
    now at first it looks fine then later on theyre not in wifi coverage and the problems start, of course they start to blame the phone BUT in reality they havent even phoned the carrier to enable BLACKBERRY services on the sim.
    03-10-13 11:54 AM
    Thats right NAPP and CJ:
    What I am finding recently on these forums is (and this is not directed to the OP)
    people buying a unlocked Z10, putting any old sim into it and then setting it up through WI-FI,
    now at first it looks fine then later on theyre not in wifi coverage and the problems start, of course they start to blame the phone BUT in reality they havent even phoned the carrier to enable BLACKBERRY services on the sim.
    Yeah I see that too often as well.

Now back to my topic suppose it is solved, except clarification if sending text does still work with a sim/text plan from playbook still while bridged?
    03-10-13 12:02 PM
    Thats what I thought so I need a plan to text and or bbm.

This is sad as I hate to use pay as you go just to have texting over bridge to work until pb gets updated to bb10 so my z10 will work.

Also are you saying even with a plan you can no longer send text only read them now?

Or stating we could before bbm and text without a simple/plan over bridge/bluetooth?

Thks
    Please please forgive me for this question and I will accept any rebuke you deem fit, but how does someone manage to get 1,580 posts on a bb site and not know you can't send texts without a sim card in your phone?

I am either missing something in your posts or I need to drink more. And you told me to read posts properly? WOW!
    der_mit and nappp like this.
    03-10-13 12:17 PM
    sad_old_man, I find myself usually strongly agreeing or disagreeing with your posts, but this made my just plain lmao!
    03-10-13 12:36 PM
    Please please forgive me for this question and I will accept any rebuke you deem fit, but how does someone manage to get 1,580 posts on a bb site and not know you can't send texts without a sim card in your phone?

I am either missing something in your posts or I need to drink more. And you told me to read posts properly? WOW!
    Well I never tried over bluetooth before ever and I figured since not being around for a longtime that maybe it was possible now with today's technology, remember this is my first blackberry device I ever bought = bold 9000 which is 4-5 years old.

There is bluetooth apps that allow such a thing now and no sim/text plan is needed, but I guess blackberry has not built such a thing to allow us users to do so as of yet.

I was hoping it was possible is all so I did not need to get another plan just to use this feature over bridge as the playbook is not updated yet to bb10 for my z10 to work such a feature.

Now can someone clarify that sending text still works over bridge via using a blackberry phone and not just can read the texts?

If so then I may if I find a dirt cheap pay as u go plan hookup my bold 9000 for now so I can text on PlayBook via bridge.

My playbook is the LTE version which has a sim, but only has shared data plan 5gb, no text plan of course as its not a phone device, had it had a text plan i would of popped it into my bold 9000 and this thread would of never been made
    03-10-13 12:39 PM
    I have a playbook and a Z10 and a BB Curve,
    When I bridge my Playbook with the Curve, I CAN send and receive sms .
    when I bridge my playbook with the Z10, I CANNOT send or receive sms.
    The sms feature on the bridged Playbook is just a mirror of the phones sms app. so if your BB phone can do sms then the bridged playbook can as well.

I hope that helps.
    03-10-13 01:22 PM
    Yes, if you have a plan for your phone, and you are using an legacy BlackBerry, you can text via your playbook as long as your phone is within range so that the bridge connection is there. If you want BBM, then you'll have to make sure that your on some sort of BB BIS payment though. It will not work on just any prepay plan.
    03-10-13 01:23 PM
    I have a playbook and a Z10 and a BB Curve,
    When I bridge my Playbook with the Curve, I CAN send and receive sms .
    when I bridge my playbook with the Z10, I CANNOT send or receive sms.
    The sms feature on the bridged Playbook is just a mirror of the phones sms app. so if your BB phone can do sms then the bridged playbook can as well.

I hope that helps.
    Thks for clarifying that we indeed can still send text via playbook when bridged as somewhere I read it was no longer available after 2.0 update or something like that.

Yeah playbook needs bb10 to do this, well actually blackberry could give us this option now, but not sure why they haven't.
    03-10-13 01:50 PM
    Yes, if you have a plan for your phone, and you are using an legacy BlackBerry, you can text via your playbook as long as your phone is within range so that the bridge connection is there. If you want BBM, then you'll have to make sure that your on some sort of BB BIS payment though. It will not work on just any prepay plan.
    Thks for info and rogers in all BlackBerry plans now have bis in them well its BlackBerry plan that works with all BlackBerry devices now so no such distinguished bis plans now.

Example: my z10 plan will work on bold 9000 np's and nothing needed to change.
    03-10-13 01:54 PM
    Well I never tried over bluetooth before ever and I figured since not being around for a longtime that maybe it was possible now with today's technology, remember this is my first blackberry device I ever bought = bold 9000 which is 4-5 years old.

There is bluetooth apps that allow such a thing now and no sim/text plan is needed, but I guess blackberry has not built such a thing to allow us users to do so as of yet.
    Bluetooth only creates a connection between the two devices. One of those devices MUST have the ability to connect to the cellular network and send SMS before you can pass those SMS messages through from the other device. It's like connecting a DVD player to a TV and expecting them to get cable TV signal.

I can send and receive SMS from my PB using Google Voice. Since you're on Rogers, I'm guessing you're in Canada and it may not be available there but perhaps there is another similar service that you can access through the browser. There are also ways to send and receive SMS via email if you search this site a little.
    03-10-13 02:17 PM
    Thks for info and rogers in all BlackBerry plans now have bis in them well its BlackBerry plan that works with all BlackBerry devices now so no such distinguished bis plans now.

Example: my z10 plan will work on bold 9000 np's and nothing needed to change.
    Be careful very very careful. The Z10 does not fully use BIS like your original bb phone. Your data plan will have to be increased to cope with this.

We don't have the LTE version in the UK yet but is there no way to reverse the process with these pb's and use the data connection on your pb as opposed to your phone?
    03-10-13 02:55 PM
    Be careful very very careful. The Z10 does not fully use BIS like your original bb phone. Your data plan will have to be increased to cope with this.

We don't have the LTE version in the UK yet but is there no way to reverse the process with these pb's and use the data connection on your pb as opposed to your phone?

I have 5gb shared data plan which is shared with my z10 and playbook LTE version, the playbook is data only plan, no text package for it as of course it's not a phone device.

Remember sms does not use data well not off of your data plan, that's what pissess me off about carriers you can have data plan with or without texting package, but not the other way around, I wish there was a text only package.

And no there is no way to reverse the bridge function unless someone makes the bridge app for playbook instead of for phones only.
    03-10-13 03:07 PM
    Bluetooth only creates a connection between the two devices. One of those devices MUST have the ability to connect to the cellular network and send SMS before you can pass those SMS messages through from the other device. It's like connecting a DVD player to a TV and expecting them to get cable TV signal.

I can send and receive SMS from my PB using Google Voice. Since you're on Rogers, I'm guessing you're in Canada and it may not be available there but perhaps there is another similar service that you can access through the browser. There are also ways to send and receive SMS via email if you search this site a little.
    Yeah no Google voice in Canada.

I know there is programs for texting out there as I have textme sideloaded, but I wanted to use bridge and text is all, but was hoping in today's world that it could be allowed via bluetooth when bridged as there is apps that can do this over bluetooth, but not with Blackberry bridge, so your not using your phone texting app if you use third party stuff.

I guess if I want to do this I will need another plan with texting as my carrier won't allow me to put a text plan in the playbooks sim card as its not a phone devicel.

Or

I can wait for playbook to be updated to BB10 in hopes blackberry will allow this function again for us z10 users and Q10 users in near future.

Or

Still use 3rd party apps to text from playbook until BB10 comes to playbook.
    03-10-13 03:14 PM